F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Center Console USB Issue
Studio RSR

05-15-2018, 10:44 AM   #23
delacroix
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Xdrive M-Sport

I'm experiencing the same issue on my 328i xdrive 2015, try giving a bit of pressure to the USB part of the cable to the left or right (like giving it a bit of extra contact) that solve my problem; this is with a original iPhone cable - I have a iPhone 7 plus.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 07:19 AM   #24
Raypep
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche Macan S

I'm having the same issue on 2014 328 xDrive; The dealer said use an apple cable; It didn't work.

Then another service advisor said I would need to get a Y-cable due to the power draw of the new phones; I'm not exactly sure how that would solve my problem considering iI want high quality audio as well and an AUX cable doesn't solve this.

As a note, this is on my iPhone X

Any solutions would be great!
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #25
Dyl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raypep View Post

I can only solve the issue by having a decent charge in the iPod to begin with.

But with an iPhone X how about this mod
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #26
Raypep
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post

I just tried with higher charge, 100% actually, same symtoms. They went away after about 30 seconds, then returned a minute later.

I have no problem using a cigarette lighter to charge my phone, I just want to use USB for streaming audio. When it works you can totally notice a different in quality.

However, that mod is awesome!

Last edited by Raypep; 05-16-2018 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 08:56 PM   #27
violin_ale
Ale Violin
Brazil
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i M 2013

Quote:
I'm having the same issue on 2014 328 xDrive; The dealer said use an apple cable; It didn't work.

Then another service advisor said I would need to get a Y-cable due to the power draw of the new phones; I'm not exactly sure how that would solve my problem considering iI want high quality audio as well and an AUX cable doesn't solve this.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post

I just tried with higher charge, 100% actually, same symtoms. They went away after about 30 seconds, then returned a minute later.

I have no problem using a cigarette lighter to charge my phone, I just want to use USB for streaming audio. When it works you can totally notice a different in quality.

However, that mod is awesome!
Quote:

Have you solved this? I got a 335i F30 2013 a couple months ago, got it in an official dealer here in Brazil and with 2 years of the BPS directly from the factory, and since I bought an iPhone XS Im having this trouble!
I've tried with an iPhone SE which I use often with this car over 3 months and it remains the same problem ! Losing Bluetooth connection and USB restarts going on and off , like if I have disconnected the USB cable and put it on again, sometimes it's impossible to make a phone call lasts more than 3
Minutes that Bluetooth disconnects like if I was dropping or call ended, but I wasn't ended, in my iPhone the call is already in progress making me to interfere by clicking on iPhone screen and switch to "Phone" and continues the call without Bluetooth! After 2 minutes it gets the call again by Bluetooth! And over and over again for several times

I'm running IOS 12.1.2 (latest version until now)
iPhone XS or iPhone SE (doesn't matter)
Original iPhone cable (tested 2, one is brand new)
I've just updated the software do UPD1008 and got no effect !

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0