F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > H&R sport springs on 435i
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-04-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
ZoranTerzic
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: f32 435i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney NSW

iTrader: (0)

Installed H&R sport springs on my 2014 435i with adaptive suspension.

Perfect drop front and rear, rides as if it were stock and won't wear out shocks prematurely as it's only a moderate drop. 15mm front, 12.5mm rear.

For those of you on the fence regarding these, my advice is to pull the trigger and get it done. I was worried the springs will ruin the ride but if anything it actually made it better?? It's a bit firmer in sport and sport +, but that's what those modes are for... comfort mode is pretty much identical as it was before but you do feel the road a bit more through the steering wheel.

I've fallen in love with my car all over again! 437m wheels fit perfectly too and finish it off nicely.

Super sport springs will be way too low with adaptive suspension and will ruin your ride, get the sports if you've got adaptive suspension.

Cheers!
Attached Images
     

Last edited by ZoranTerzic; 10-04-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Appreciate 8
      10-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #2
ALE90N54
Private
ALE90N54's Avatar
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2015 M-Sport 6MT 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Birmingham, AL

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for sharing! Great looking car. I have adaptive on my f30 and may end up doing the same.
__________________
Current: 2015 Alpine White over Coral Red M-Sport 6MT 335i (EWG) - VRSF 5 inch FMIC / VRSF Charge Pipe / VRSF Catless Downpipe / Borla ATAK
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 03:22 AM   #3
N420i
Private First Class
51
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: 2016 420i lightly modded
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Madrid

iTrader: (0)

Man that looks GREAT
I just finished installing Eibach Pro-kit and Bilstein B8s on my 420i and i'm pretty dissapointed with the drop, or rather lack thereof...
I had H&R sports on my previous car and loved them, but I felt they would be a little too hard for a daily driver and thus went for the Eibachs. I'm regretting that now... The B8+prokit is a GREAT combination, but it's lacking that little extra stiffness that really lets you know you're wearing a real sports suspension setup.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
f32ftw
Private
f32ftw's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: BMW 435 xdrive
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

I'm looking to lower my car too. Having trouble deciding between coilovers and springs. I'm really only interested in reducing wheel gap. Thanks for sharing, I have an idea now of what the sport springs would look like on my car. Are you on xdrive?
__________________
2014 F32 435i xdrive M-Sport /// Estoril Blue II /// BM3 Stage 2 /// VRSF DP /// VRSF CP /// VRSF FMIC /// BMS intake /// AWE Touring Edition Axle Back Exhaust - Diamond Black Tips (102mm) with performance midpipes /// CF mirror covers /// CF spoiler /// CF dual slate kidney grilles /// CF license plate /// M-Performance Style Rear Diffuser /// 19 inch gloss black M Sport 442 style wheels /// M-Sport brakes /// NGK 5992 1-Step Colder Spark Plugs
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 02:40 AM   #5
ZoranTerzic
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: f32 435i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32ftw View Post
I'm looking to lower my car too. Having trouble deciding between coilovers and springs. I'm really only interested in reducing wheel gap. Thanks for sharing, I have an idea now of what the sport springs would look like on my car. Are you on xdrive?
Do it! You won't regret it. Coilovers are overkill in my opinion..
h&r sport springs with the adaptive suspension feel amazing
My car is not X drive
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #6
danjjacob
Enlisted Member
danjjacob's Avatar
2
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: 435i xdrive Msport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

That looks perfect. Nice job.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #7
Here4MT
New Member
United_States
3
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 18 340i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Woodland Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

I put 437Ms on my 340i and they stick out a bit. I've been thinking of doing the same 15mm/12mm springs to hopefully bring the wheels in flush with the body. Was wondering if you noticed any change with such a small drop?
__________________
M Sport, Track Package, BMS intake, JB4, ER DP, 437M wheels with Super Sports.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 02:06 AM   #8
ZoranTerzic
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: f32 435i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4MT View Post
I put 437Ms on my 340i and they stick out a bit. I've been thinking of doing the same 15mm/12mm springs to hopefully bring the wheels in flush with the body. Was wondering if you noticed any change with such a small drop?
It'll definitely make it look better with the stance it'll give..
Those wheels look like they're poking more than they are because of the wheel gap I think.
On the 4 series atleast there was a huge difference. I'm so glad I installed the sport springs, perfect amount of drop and stance with the 437m wheels
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #9
B58
Lieutenant
B58's Avatar
147
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M-sport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Good to know i been debating on getting these springs with the M3 control arms. I wasn't sure how the ride quality would be after since H&R are known to be a little more on the stiffer side.
__________________
| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| M-Performance exhaust | VRSF catless | BMS intake | JB4 | Meth |
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 05:40 PM   #10
ZoranTerzic
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: f32 435i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 View Post
Good to know i been debating on getting these springs with the M3 control arms. I wasn't sure how the ride quality would be after since H&R are known to be a little more on the stiffer side.
Really? That's interesting, are we comparing the same set ups though?
On my set up, with adaptive suspension and RWD it feels beautiful.
Sport and sport plus feel way better, it is firmer yes, but it's not bouncy.. it's honestly a very rewarding feeling.
In comfort and eco mode it's pretty much the exact same. Now that my springs have settled in I can honestly say the ride is in comfort mode is so marginally different you would struggle to feel the difference in comfort mode - this is my experience with my car.
Maybe X drive models feel different? And these would definitely feel different without adaptive shocks.
I would get them done mate the control arms will fuck up your axle's if you have xdrive I believe.. kiesmotorspors YouTube channel has a video on this you might wanna check before you do it
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #11
B58
Lieutenant
B58's Avatar
147
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M-sport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoranTerzic View Post
Really? That's interesting, are we comparing the same set ups though?
On my set up, with adaptive suspension and RWD it feels beautiful.
Sport and sport plus feel way better, it is firmer yes, but it's not bouncy.. it's honestly a very rewarding feeling.
In comfort and eco mode it's pretty much the exact same. Now that my springs have settled in I can honestly say the ride is in comfort mode is so marginally different you would struggle to feel the difference in comfort mode - this is my experience with my car.
Maybe X drive models feel different? And these would definitely feel different without adaptive shocks.
I would get them done mate the control arms will fuck up your axle's if you have xdrive I believe.. kiesmotorspors YouTube channel has a video on this you might wanna check before you do it
I have the track handling package so it does come with the m adaptive shocks. I might consider these springs i been debating over H&R, Eibach, or Dinan.
__________________
| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| M-Performance exhaust | VRSF catless | BMS intake | JB4 | Meth |
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 02:12 AM   #12
Bomrsx
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado Springs CO

iTrader: (0)

Did you need to install anything for the camber or were they able to do an alignment without it?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 02:15 AM   #13
TurboLove
Private
37
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: White 14' F32
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoranTerzic View Post
Installed H&R sport springs on my 2014 435i with adaptive suspension.

Perfect drop front and rear, rides as if it were stock and won't wear out shocks prematurely as it's only a moderate drop. 15mm front, 12.5mm rear.

For those of you on the fence regarding these, my advice is to pull the trigger and get it done. I was worried the springs will ruin the ride but if anything it actually made it better?? It's a bit firmer in sport and sport +, but that's what those modes are for... comfort mode is pretty much identical as it was before but you do feel the road a bit more through the steering wheel.

I've fallen in love with my car all over again! 437m wheels fit perfectly too and finish it off nicely.

Super sport springs will be way too low with adaptive suspension and will ruin your ride, get the sports if you've got adaptive suspension.

Cheers!
Wow that looks amazing man I love the color it's beautiful I've been thinking about buying them how much was installation
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 05:40 PM   #14
ZoranTerzic
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: f32 435i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomrsx View Post
Did you need to install anything for the camber or were they able to do an alignment without it?
Nothing else needed - just springs and alignment ☺️
Appreciate 1
Bomrsx0.00

      10-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #15
ZoranTerzic
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: f32 435i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLove View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoranTerzic View Post
Installed H&R sport springs on my 2014 435i with adaptive suspension.

Perfect drop front and rear, rides as if it were stock and won't wear out shocks prematurely as it's only a moderate drop. 15mm front, 12.5mm rear.

For those of you on the fence regarding these, my advice is to pull the trigger and get it done. I was worried the springs will ruin the ride but if anything it actually made it better?? It's a bit firmer in sport and sport +, but that's what those modes are for... comfort mode is pretty much identical as it was before but you do feel the road a bit more through the steering wheel.

I've fallen in love with my car all over again! 437m wheels fit perfectly too and finish it off nicely.

Super sport springs will be way too low with adaptive suspension and will ruin your ride, get the sports if you've got adaptive suspension.

Cheers!
Wow that looks amazing man I love the color it's beautiful I've been thinking about buying them how much was installation
Thanks a lot man!
Most reputable shop in Sydney charged me $650 AUD for install and alignment. Took them pretty much all day as they were busy.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #16
jeveryday
Colonel
jeveryday's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
2,330
Posts

Drives: 2012 535i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Island, New York

iTrader: (6)

That looks great man. Did you think about getting coilovers as well or did you only consider springs?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 10:23 PM   #17
B58
Lieutenant
B58's Avatar
147
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M-sport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Might be pulling the trigger on these springs sometime this week....
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 05:00 AM   #18
ZoranTerzic
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: f32 435i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeveryday View Post
That looks great man. Did you think about getting coilovers as well or did you only consider springs?
Thanks man! I've had coilovers before on my previous cars, they're a bit overkill for a daily drive to be honest (But they are great).
If you're not planning to track the car then there's no point in them. They're usually on the firmer side depending on which ones you get, but are great for adjustability.
Springs are great for daily driving. However if you're going for a drop over an inch, I recommend changing your struts too.
H&R sports are great because they only drop the car 12-15mm so the stock struts aren't compromised.
I have adaptive suspension and they're designed to work with them.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 05:01 AM   #19
ZoranTerzic
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: f32 435i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sydney NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 View Post
Might be pulling the trigger on these springs sometime this week....
Let me know how you go!! You won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 07:54 PM   #20
Kyletrann
Private
0
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

What tire size are you running? Like the drop but might go with a slightly beefier setup on 19s to fill in the gap
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #21
f32ftw
Private
f32ftw's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: BMW 435 xdrive
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Springs alone probably aren't a good option for me since I don't have the adaptive suspension. Has anyone used H&R sport springs with xdrive M-sport suspension?
__________________
2014 F32 435i xdrive M-Sport /// Estoril Blue II /// BM3 Stage 2 /// VRSF DP /// VRSF CP /// VRSF FMIC /// BMS intake /// AWE Touring Edition Axle Back Exhaust - Diamond Black Tips (102mm) with performance midpipes /// CF mirror covers /// CF spoiler /// CF dual slate kidney grilles /// CF license plate /// M-Performance Style Rear Diffuser /// 19 inch gloss black M Sport 442 style wheels /// M-Sport brakes /// NGK 5992 1-Step Colder Spark Plugs
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 06:19 PM   #22
B58
Lieutenant
B58's Avatar
147
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M-sport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

I just installed the H&R sport springs on my 340i with adaptive shocks and so far I love it! Ride quality seems to be the same as the oem and car seems to response better through corners. I havenít pushed it yet, but I got a chance to ride on various different freeways today and i like it so far so hopefully it stays this way and doesnít fall apart next month. At first I thought the drop was too much, but after a while it looks perfect.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST