F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Tint shops
GetBMWParts

02-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #45
Id
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

If you are in Sydney Dave at Reflect Effect in North Parramatta is really good. He did my Golf.

Rob at Hunters Hill Window Tinting is also highly recommended. A mate had him come to Newcastle to do his Golf.
      02-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #46
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackie777 View Post
Pretty good price for a wagon
No, it's not.

It's a VERY good price for a wagon!!!

Go for it. If you have the glass roof, CXP35 is the PERFECT match h for colour & tint.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #47
mackie777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320i M

Sweet sounds good, ive got the pano glass roof, so sounds like a good match

Has the pano roof already got tint on it?

get my car next week so will definitely book it in with them.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #48
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Has the pano roof already got tint on it?
Should do.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #49
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Sounds like a few guys are getting their cars =)
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #50
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Id View Post
If you are in Sydney Dave at Reflect Effect in North Parramatta is really good. He did my Golf.

Rob at Hunters Hill Window Tinting is also highly recommended. A mate had him come to Newcastle to do his Golf.
Don't know if u r still active but rave said he uses johnson's carbon 35% tint. I presume you were happy with this? I haven't seen any bad reviews of the product.

I am going this Friday for tint+opticoat
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #51
minijet
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Don't know if u r still active but rave said he uses johnson's carbon 35% tint. I presume you were happy with this? I haven't seen any bad reviews of the product.

I have the johnsons ceramic 35% on my car.
heat rejection is very good but its got a mirror finish for those who dont like that look.

I didnt take a liking to it initially but its quite nice now.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #52
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijet View Post
I have the johnsons ceramic 35% on my car.
heat rejection is very good but its got a mirror finish for those who dont like that look.

I didnt take a liking to it initially but its quite nice now.
Do you mean that you can select whether you get a mirror finish? I don't really want a silver sheen on the outside. That's a little ghetto for me.

Btw I meant dave. Didn't notice the iPhone autocorrection. No ri ront rork rike Rooby roo
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #53
Id
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:

I used Dave on my Golf. I haven't got the new car yet so no comment on the current job!
      03-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #54
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Id View Post

I'd definitely use Dave for the Opticoating. Not so sure about the tinting.

He had to remove the door trim in order to access the side windows. Doing so required the removal of the door handle trim.

Unfortunately the edges of the wood trim were nicked & damaged. It's quite obvious when you look closely.

He said that he was used to removing aluminium - but I thought that would leave a scratch then.

I'm a little sad and was hoping to be a strong advocate for him. Nice bloke & all, but I've left him with a prestige car and was hoping he would take as much care of the interior as the exterior paintwork - which he hasn't.

Also the tint creates funny glare at night off each of the horizontal lines in the back window - which creates a very distorted view of the rear in the rear view mirror. I was also hoping for a very dark tint - but you can still see the interior fairly well on 35% darkest legal.

I drove around afterwards and saw lots of new Mazda CX-5's with a darker tint than mine. Maybe they weren't legal - but it bothers me that I don't have a particularly dark tint.

Dave didn't offer any tinting advice. I'm new to tinting and thought 35% would be ok, but would have liked to have been informed about perhaps putting 20% at the rears. Some sales people will offer advice that might be useful even if it seems the buyer has made up their mind.

So I'd say for tinting go elsewhere or perhaps stick with the dealership tinting. This way if they nick the wood trim, they'd take full responsibility & do something about it.

In his position as a small business, Dave wouldn't do anything - and I wouldn't really want to kick up a fuss. Most of the damage was done to my driver's door. The passengers wouldn't really notice much damage.

I'll have a look online to see if I can do anything to fix it. I did ask Dave, but he didn't have any ideas.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #55
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Small business or not, I think I'd still be asking for new trims.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #56
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
He had to remove the door trim in order to access the side windows. Doing so required the removal of the door handle trim.
My tinter made a point of explaining that the top of the door trims just needed pulling back a little to access the bottom of the windows.

Quote:
Also the tint creates funny glare at night off each of the horizontal lines in the back window - which creates a very distorted view of the rear in the rear view mirror.
Either the tint film is not suitable for the rear window or it has not been applied properly.

Quote:
I'm new to tinting and thought 35% would be ok, but would have liked to have been informed about perhaps putting 20% at the rears.
Best you stayed with 35s, keeping everything legal. we should not be concerned about others installing illegal tints. The last thing you want is to remove an illegal tint from an F30's rear window, potentially damaging the demister and aerial.

Quote:
you can still see the interior fairly well on 35% darkest legal.
What colour is your interior? Mine is black and 35% works perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #57
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
My tinter made a point of explaining that the top of the door trims just needed pulling back a little to access the bottom of the windows.

Either the tint film is not suitable for the rear window or it has not been applied properly.

Best you stayed with 35s, keeping everything legal. we should not be concerned about others installing illegal tints. The last thing you want is to remove an illegal tint from an F30's rear window, potentially damaging the demister and aerial.

What colour is your interior? Mine is black and 35% works perfectly.
I have the beige interior. I posted in the Australian pic delivery thread :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #58
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I have the beige interior. I posted in the Australian pic delivery thread :-)
That's why your interior looks bright still. Trying to make heads & tails of everyone's cars can be a little mind numbing with so many intertwining threads.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #59
THE_BEAST
Rep
Drives: F30 2013 328i M Sport

Quote:
Yep im looking at suntek Cxp35 for my f31
Price was $350 less for cash, 3 hrs wait

Pretty good price for a wagon
Can you please advise where you receive this quote from and whereabouts in Sydney are they located?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #60
UB
Private
Rep
Drives: G01

Got my tint done by Reflect Effect, and really happy with the result. I didn't go too dark, stuck with legal and non reflective.

While there, also decided to wrap a few parts of the car in chip protection film, which I also can't fault. Definitely recommend Dave if you're in Sydney
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #61
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Got quoted at BMW Sydney for a special at $350 but declined and decided to get it done for $160 Cash at Solar Tint Liverpool, install took 1 hr. No issues yet. Lifetime warranty.
Attached Images

Last edited by knightsabers; 08-16-2013 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #62
temerityguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series Coupé

I've used 2 different companies for window tinting, AAWT and Kustom. They both did a great job and use 3M film. Andrew and Richard are the 2 owners respectively, couldn't meet lovelier blokes either!
Appreciate 0