F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

12-03-2020, 12:38 PM   #5479
Xerxist
Rep
Drives: BMW F21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_1903 View Post
Thanks for answer, So do I need to replace the MCU afterwards? If I need to change it, should I do it the same way? then can I revert to the carlinkit version if I want?
The MCU is included in the custom one.

I haven't reverted because this is much better.

From the custom you can flash without pin it seems, but i would use the same method as how I flashed the custom to revert back to stock.

But people here might have a better way.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #5480
MihaiP
Rep
Drives: bmw f48

I just finished installing andream. Everything went pretty fast.
I didn't get to explore much because it was late.
Came with the following software versions and mcu(b_v.1.1.2 and mcu20.8.19.23). There is something new for update or these versions are up to date?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 01:25 PM   #5481
Fishie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 32ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomed27 View Post
Anybody notice really low call volumes? I find myself having to increase the volume a lot during phone calls and once the phone call is over the music is extremely loud. I have the A version of andream if that helps any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff1 View Post
I just installed a Carlinkit unit. Does anyone know if it's possible to have the system autostart in iDrive and not Carplay/MMI? I use satellite radio most of the time and just use Carplay for Google Maps/Waze.

2016 F82 M4
I had this issue as well. Go into the mmi settings, lower the aux volume setting. This will make you increase the volume to listen to music, and when the audio switches over to idrive Bluetooth for calls, it should be at the same level.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #5482
tuzogt
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: G30 530d B57 @195kW/620NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaiP View Post
I just finished installing andream. Everything went pretty fast.
I didn't get to explore much because it was late.
Came with the following software versions and mcu(b_v.1.1.2 and mcu20.8.19.23). There is something new for update or these versions are up to date?
That seems to be a new MCU.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 03:57 PM   #5483
MihaiP
Rep

Yes, it's new. I checked page 1 and seems that I have the newest mcu version
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #5484
tuzogt
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Are you an iOS or an Android user? AA autostart would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #5485
Masum2004
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 116i

Quote:
I got the same MCU on a RoadTop unit, bought last month.
[COLOR="Blue"]
I will really appreciate if someone could kindly help me to identify the Custom Firmware I can install. I have BMW F20 December 2013 (NBT). [/COLOR]

I want to get the option to turn on Front camera by pressing a button (e.g. - option button) as the below post by @lawnmower351. Also hoping that the custom firmware will fix the random issue with the auto start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnmower351 View Post
I have the andream unit and custom software. If I press the option button for 3 seconds, it activates the front camera. Works great. My front camera is located above the lower grill and the parking lines makes it easier to gauge the distance to the curb.
Thank you so much.
Attached Images

12-03-2020, 04:16 PM   #5486
MihaiP
Rep

Android. I haven't been able to check to much after installation.
I had some problems with the transmission selector (broken spring) and it took me a lot of time!

Tomorrow I hope to check/discover more about andream mmi ! I honestly don't really know what and how to do but I hope to find out tomorrow( how to connect , what settings to do , etc).I just installed autolink and android auto on my phone !

If you have some tips maybe you will send me a pm.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 04:27 PM   #5487
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnmower351 View Post
I have the andream unit and custom software. If I press the option button for 3 seconds, it activates the front camera. Works great. My front camera is located above the lower grill and the parking lines makes it easier to gauge the distance to the curb.
Well I’ll be... tried again just now and it works, pressing the option button for 3 seconds!!
Many thanks 🙏
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #5488
MihaiP
Rep

Can someone help me with some tips, advice. I have some problems in the sense that I can't connect the adroid phone to the unit(andream ) wirelessly. It only connects via cable, bluetooth works too!

I can't find any named wireless network on my phone.
I checked the wifi antenna, I tried it near/next to the phone and nothing.

Am I wrong somewhere? I need to check/set something else?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 09:46 AM   #5489
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

New update

New update BR112 for RoadTop NBT B-Version devices can be found on the 1st page (thx Masum2004).

Unfortunately I could not detect any significant changes. As always no changelog has been provided. I assume this update for RoadTop is the one to match Andream's B_V1.1.2.
Appreciate 3
x-m4n148.00
muniz_ri447.50
      12-04-2020, 11:12 AM   #5490
IvanK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

Hi guys,

so I finally had some time and installed Carlinkit, and it seems like the unit came with a new software version, maybe someone can confirm this? the MCU looks like some old version though.

Anyway, it became really late and I didn't have much time to play around with it today so I just tried carplay with my company iphone and all worked well (I'm and android user so I will try to install the custom version this weekend).

The problem I immediately noticed is that my reverse OEM camera doesn't work at all, the screen is just black. PDC works but there's no picture, I just get those awful lines which I immediately turned off in the settings (reverse display track), and that funny looking top view of a car with the radar display. Any ideas on this??

I set up the DIP switch number 7 to OFF since on the first page it says "7 OFF = 3rd party camera, ON = OEM camera (does not seem to have any effect)". Should I switch it to ON?

Well I hope someone had a similar issue with the OEM camera in the past and solved it (I couldn't find a solution while searching this thread). I'll continue testing other stuff tomorrow.

Thanks for any help regarding the reverse camera!

P.s. just forgot to mention that this black screen while reverseing happens even when I'm in the idrive menu. It looks like the video signal coming to the original quadlock and going to the MMI box is not being transferred later on to the HU. I hope this is just a software and not a hardware problem, I would hate to loose my reverse camera!
Attached Images

Last edited by IvanK; 12-04-2020 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #5491
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC X3M40i, DINAN M5 V10

Been battling ANDREAM for a refund after a screen showed delivered but nothing arrived. Having a hard time with ANDREAM to do the right thing and refund me the amount.

they are giving me the run around non stop. Poor communication and not supporting the product. I will be posting the text and emails from them. BUYER BEWARE>
      12-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #5492
Xerxist
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_1903 View Post
Thanks for answer, So do I need to replace the MCU afterwards? If I need to change it, should I do it the same way? then can I revert to the carlinkit version if I want?
Seems I was mistaken about the MCU because the custom firmware seems to do something with the version number so it was still the same.

I've flashed it with the latest MCU version of bimmertech and all seems more fluent.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #5493
shoevan
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 340i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimsilva View Post
Thanks for your effort to help. Unlocked the file, but same error again.

MD5 90F62BC369193746AAFE97309ACD806A GEMINI_PACK.BIN

I believe that i've used the same pen drive off my first update, but i've tried others with the same error.

From support they asked to wait for a reply, let see what they will say.
Was there any resolution for this burn error issue found? Haven't seen any posts related since. I've tried an 8gb usb2 fat32 that was what I used to update from 1.03 to 1.04, also tried a 16gb usb3 fat32 no luck
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #5494
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Hi guys,

so I finally had some time and installed Carlinkit, and it seems like the unit came with a new software version, maybe someone can confirm this? the MCU looks like some old version though.

Anyway, it became really late and I didn't have much time to play around with it today so I just tried carplay with my company iphone and all worked well (I'm and android user so I will try to install the custom version this weekend).

The problem I immediately noticed is that my reverse OEM camera doesn't work at all, the screen is just black. PDC works but there's no picture, I just get those awful lines which I immediately turned off in the settings (reverse display track), and that funny looking top view of a car with the radar display. Any ideas on this??

I set up the DIP switch number 7 to OFF since on the first page it says "7 OFF = 3rd party camera, ON = OEM camera (does not seem to have any effect)". Should I switch it to ON?

Well I hope someone had a similar issue with the OEM camera in the past and solved it (I couldn't find a solution while searching this thread). I'll continue testing other stuff tomorrow.

Thanks for any help regarding the reverse camera!

P.s. just forgot to mention that this black screen while reverseing happens even when I'm in the idrive menu. It looks like the video signal coming to the original quadlock and going to the MMI box is not being transferred later on to the HU. I hope this is just a software and not a hardware problem, I would hate to loose my reverse camera!
Yes, that is a newer firmware version. Hopefully we can get a copy to see what has changed.

Anyway, make certain that you set the camera setting to "original."
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 02:22 PM   #5495
IvanK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Yes, that is a newer firmware version. Hopefully we can get a copy to see what has changed.

Anyway, make certain that you set the camera setting to "original."
If there's a way I could extract that file and upload it here, just tell me how to do it and I'll do it gladly.

Concerning the camera, I did set it to "original", even tried with "aftermarket" but nothing worked, just a black screen.

I've been reading almost all posts concerning the reverse camera on this thread and it looks like a user wrote (on the second page) that he set the DIP switch 7 to ON for his OEM camera and it worked. It also worked when it was in the OFF position, and this info was put on the main page as the official explanation of what DIP switch 7 does. After that nobody mentions the OEM but aftermarket cameras.

So I'll try with DIP switch 7 in the ON position tomorrow and see if this solves the problem.

Just to confirm, everytime you change a position of the DIP switch the CAN POWER cable needs to be disconnected and reconnected after 10s to apply the changes?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #5496
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
If there's a way I could extract that file and upload it here, just tell me how to do it and I'll do it gladly.

Concerning the camera, I did set it to "original", even tried with "aftermarket" but nothing worked, just a black screen.

I've been reading almost all posts concerning the reverse camera on this thread and it looks like a user wrote (on the second page) that he set the DIP switch 7 to ON for his OEM camera and it worked. It also worked when it was in the OFF position, and this info was put on the main page as the official explanation of what DIP switch 7 does. After that nobody mentions the OEM but aftermarket cameras.

So I'll try with DIP switch 7 in the ON position tomorrow and see if this solves the problem.

Just to confirm, everytime you change a position of the DIP switch the CAN POWER cable needs to be disconnected and reconnected after 10s to apply the changes?
I'm not aware of any way to dump the firmware from the mmi. I'm sure that a copy of it will surface at some point.

And yes, changes to the dip switches don't take effect until the unit is disconnected then reconnected.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #5497
tuzogt
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoevan View Post
Was there any resolution for this burn error issue found? Haven't seen any posts related since. I've tried an 8gb usb2 fat32 that was what I used to update from 1.03 to 1.04, also tried a 16gb usb3 fat32 no luck
Not for me, still stuck at 1.0.4.....
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 05:37 PM   #5498
Xerxist
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzogt View Post
Not for me, still stuck at 1.0.4.....
Have you tried "Rufus" to format your usb drive with mbr?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 07:03 PM   #5499
Bigjule1111
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw640gc 2015Mercedes e40

Quote:

I actually have similar issues with the stock rear camera on my f06.. sometimes it seems to loose connection and the image goes dark or starts to break up .. I had the mmi kit installed by a local shop so dont know what dip switches he left off or possibly could b lvds connection.. have to drop it off back at the shop ,just haven't had the time .but definitely keep me posted on your results.. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 02:47 AM   #5500
z0mghii
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I'm running the andream cic unit on my 2013 e82 135i. Anyone know if there's an update?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0