F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

12-05-2020, 02:48 AM   #5501
z0mghii
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylobic View Post
where you guys have support from Andream ? They don't reply on Facebook msgr
They are very responsive on aliexpress, I had troubles with my install and they worked with me for 2+ weeks helping troubleshoot
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2020, 04:52 AM   #5502
IvanK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjule1111 View Post
I actually have similar issues with the stock rear camera on my f06.. sometimes it seems to loose connection and the image goes dark or starts to break up .. I had the mmi kit installed by a local shop so dont know what dip switches he left off or possibly could b lvds connection.. have to drop it off back at the shop ,just haven't had the time .but definitely keep me posted on your results.. Thanks
At least you have an image, I have nothing, just a black screen

I was trying to solve the problem with Carlinkit whatsapp support, and although they tried every possible thing, we simply didn't manage to enable the reverse camera. They stopped responding an hour ago so I don't know if their working hours are over or maybe they are trying to find another solution.

Anyway, I am now sure what's the problem but I just don't know how to solve it. So, as soon as I engage reverse I hear the click and my idrive screen switches to MMI. Since my camera is OEM it's not being displayed in MMI because the unit is waiting for the video signal from the yellow cinch cable and since there's nothing connected there it's simply a black screen. When I go back to the neutral position (this happened only once or twice), for a brief moment, a millisecond I can see my idrive screen with the reverse camera on. So, it definitely works! the problem is that engaging reverse switches automatically to MMI (which has no signal to display) instead of simply staying in idrive and showing me the idrive screen with the reverse camera on.

I don't know if this is a hardware or software related issue. I tried to put DIP swtich 7 to ON, nothing changed (so the guy from the second page was right).

My last hope is that this is a software issue and since I'm currently the only one with the newest Carlinkit firmware, maybe this is a software bug from the latest version and if I install the custom firmware this automatic switching to MMI display when engaging reverse will disappear.

Hope dies last, let's see...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:13 AM   #5503
tuzogt
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: G30 530d B57 @195kW/620NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxist View Post
Have you tried "Rufus" to format your usb drive with mbr?
Yes, I've also tried that. I tried also 4 usb drives from 512mb to 16gb, all formated to fat32. I tried it also from my Mac. Nothing helps. From 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 and b1. 0.4. no problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:27 AM   #5504
ckarv
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzogt View Post
Not for me, still stuck at 1.0.4.....
Also still stuck on 1.0.4 due to same error. Taking to seller through AliExpress now, they said they will look into it. Tested two different USB sticks, freshly formatted, and same error. Please post if you're able to resolve this issue (with the steps taken).
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 06:41 AM   #5505
Xerxist
Rep
Drives: BMW F21

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a reverse camera for F21 2015 in combination with the NBT Carlinkit MMI?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 06:42 AM   #5506
zeus_1903
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2014 3.20d f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Hi guys,

so I finally had some time and installed Carlinkit, and it seems like the unit came with a new software version, maybe someone can confirm this? the MCU looks like some old version though.

Anyway, it became really late and I didn't have much time to play around with it today so I just tried carplay with my company iphone and all worked well (I'm and android user so I will try to install the custom version this weekend).

The problem I immediately noticed is that my reverse OEM camera doesn't work at all, the screen is just black. PDC works but there's no picture, I just get those awful lines which I immediately turned off in the settings (reverse display track), and that funny looking top view of a car with the radar display. Any ideas on this??

I set up the DIP switch number 7 to OFF since on the first page it says "7 OFF = 3rd party camera, ON = OEM camera (does not seem to have any effect)". Should I switch it to ON?

Well I hope someone had a similar issue with the OEM camera in the past and solved it (I couldn't find a solution while searching this thread). I'll continue testing other stuff tomorrow.

Thanks for any help regarding the reverse camera!

P.s. just forgot to mention that this black screen while reverseing happens even when I'm in the idrive menu. It looks like the video signal coming to the original quadlock and going to the MMI box is not being transferred later on to the HU. I hope this is just a software and not a hardware problem, I would hate to loose my reverse camera!
this version looks like new. v9.2.9 still seems to be the latest version but this product has v9.2.10. MCU is very different. Where can we download these versions ???
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 06:47 AM   #5507
zeus_1903
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2014 3.20d f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_1903 View Post
Thanks for answer, So do I need to replace the MCU afterwards? If I need to change it, should I do it the same way? then can I revert to the carlinkit version if I want?
Seems I was mistaken about the MCU because the custom firmware seems to do something with the version number so it was still the same.

I've flashed it with the latest MCU version of bimmertech and all seems more fluent.
I use it with iphone normally. however, I rarely experience disconnections. If the problem is not solved with the official updates of carlinkit, I am thinking of switching to custom firmware. bimmertech base looks more reliable 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 09:23 AM   #5508
mako2388
Rep
Drives: X3 f25 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
New update BR112 for RoadTop NBT B-Version devices can be found on the 1st page (thx Masum2004).

Unfortunately I could not detect any significant changes. As always no changelog has been provided. I assume this update for RoadTop is the one to match Andream's B_V1.1.2.
I'm running an Andream B unit and I noticed a couple of minor changes. Under Settings below Volume is now Alter Volume, though I'm not sure what it does. Hoping it is a separate volume for the Maps guidance.

Still under the settings main page, the section that used to be named Carplay now reads Carplay/AndroidAuto. And if you go into those settings there is now a Carplay Auto Dark Mode setting. Unfortunately this still hasn't resolved my issue with Android Auto stuck in day mode.

And sorry the 1st pic is blurry lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      12-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #5509
astrapowerrr
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW I3

Hi there.

My bmw is going in for service next week and a software update.
As posted on the picture I'm running on this software. Do I need to unplug the module? Or can I keep it connected? Tried to find it on this 251 pages but sorry I couldn't find it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 01:49 PM   #5510
rene-dev
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 330d E91

I had a look at the firmware today. the stm32 is locked, as expected. the upgrade.bin is not encrypted, but I could not figure out the correct offset to load it ghidra.
scrolling thru the code, I noticed they access OTP flash, thats probably where they store board revision and stuff.
the upgrade_mmi.bin files are encrypted, but the decryption happens in the updater running on the main cpu, and I already found the key.
I dont like the quality of the aux, so Im trying to figure out a better way, by tapping into the digital audio signal in software, and passing it to the cic.
also, the google maps voice is way to quiet, and I have not found a way of changing the volume.

@astrapowerrr
I noticed that I cannot code the cic while the unit is connected. unless they do an update you should be fine.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #5511
astrapowerrr
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rene-dev View Post
I had a look at the firmware today. the stm32 is locked, as expected. the upgrade.bin is not encrypted, but I could not figure out the correct offset to load it ghidra.
scrolling thru the code, I noticed they access OTP flash, thats probably where they store board revision and stuff.
the upgrade_mmi.bin files are encrypted, but the decryption happens in the updater running on the main cpu, and I already found the key.
I dont like the quality of the aux, so Im trying to figure out a better way, by tapping into the digital audio signal in software, and passing it to the cic.
also, the google maps voice is way to quiet, and I have not found a way of changing the volume.

@astrapowerrr
I noticed that I cannot code the cic while the unit is connected. unless they do an update you should be fine.
So better to disconnect to be sure I think
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 03:01 PM   #5512
Fishie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 32ix

Quote:
the google maps voice is way to quiet, and I have not found a way of changing the volume.

@astrapowerrr
You should be able to increase the volume from the app on your phone in settings. If that's already on max volume, how does music sound is it also quiet? What about phone calls?

Is maps the only thing that has a low volume?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 03:36 PM   #5513
astrapowerrr
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
Quote:
the google maps voice is way to quiet, and I have not found a way of changing the volume.

@astrapowerrr
You should be able to increase the volume from the app on your phone in settings. If that's already on max volume, how does music sound is it also quiet? What about phone calls?

Is maps the only thing that has a low volume?
Maybe because I'm on old software but my Siri is also very low on volume. Reason why I don't use it in the car!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:25 PM   #5514
rene-dev
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 330d E91

carplay(and I guess AA as well) uses different audio channels for maps and music.
the reason is, that with native carplay you might want to listen to fm radio while using navigation. Somewhere in the firmware they are mixed together, and its probably adjustable.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 02:05 AM   #5515
ajrocklin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Rated View Post
Been battling ANDREAM for a refund after a screen showed delivered but nothing arrived. Having a hard time with ANDREAM to do the right thing and refund me the amount.

they are giving me the run around non stop. Poor communication and not supporting the product. I will be posting the text and emails from them. BUYER BEWARE>
Had a similar experience with them while trying to return/exchange my unit within the return period, I gave up and wrote them off. Beware!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 06:00 AM   #5516
Johnkwick
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI

Got my Carlinkit box delivered yesterday without any import taxes (they declared the item as aluminium box), installed today and it took 6 hours.

1 hour installing, 5 hours waiting my father to come and borrow a battery from his car because I did stupid thing by closing the boot after I disconnected the battery. No trunk access from rear seat so yeah it's a disaster.

Immediately updated the software to custom software based on bimmertech, the box delivered with 9.2.10 software installed (anyone has a changelog for this update?). Every time I tried to update the MCU for custom firmware, the MMI immediately goes blank and then rebooting itself. MCU version stay the same (10.x IIRC) so I'm not sure whether I did the right thing or not.

AA + wireless works flawlessly, here are my pros and cons:

(+):
Carlinkit + custom firmware = solid and concrete solution for AA user
wireless works very nice

(-):
Noticeable pixelated graphics/fonts
split screen is way too wide, even google maps looked tiny on 10 inch screen
no RHD option for AA
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #5517
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkwick View Post
Got my Carlinkit box delivered yesterday without any import taxes (they declared the item as aluminium box), installed today and it took 6 hours.

1 hour installing, 5 hours waiting my father to come and borrow a battery from his car because I did stupid thing by closing the boot after I disconnected the battery. No trunk access from rear seat so yeah it's a disaster.

Immediately updated the software to custom software based on bimmertech, the box delivered with 9.2.10 software installed (anyone has a changelog for this update?). Every time I tried to update the MCU for custom firmware, the MMI immediately goes blank and then rebooting itself. MCU version stay the same (10.x IIRC) so I'm not sure whether I did the right thing or not.

AA + wireless works flawlessly, here are my pros and cons:

(+):
Carlinkit + custom firmware = solid and concrete solution for AA user
wireless works very nice

(-):
Noticeable pixelated graphics/fonts
split screen is way too wide, even google maps looked tiny on 10 inch screen
no RHD option for AA
Can you post a picture of the main AA app screen and of the Google maos screen?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 10:22 AM   #5518
cozzzz
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Andream issue

Hey guys, installed the Andream box yesterday, used it for a few hours and I think it's pretty good for it's price. Took me some 2 hours of installing, mostly because of BMW's cable connectors that are a nightmare to remove. AA wireless works after some setting up, sound quality is good enough, there is a small noticeable input lag but nothing bad.

I noticed some problems today though, which might or might not be related to the Andream box. On the main screen I have no trip/onboard computer information, I usually keep that on the right of the split screen and noticed all the info was blank, no km, fuel consumption, nothing(the info is available in the screen under the gauges though). Another thing that;s not working is the extended dash information selection(what shows up in the dash screen). I can see the list of options, but all of them are disabled and trying to toggle any of them has no effect.

Might this be because of the box, a connection that I messed up while installing maybe, has anyone encountered such issues? I wanted to ask before removing the whole dash again and disconnecting the box to see if there is a difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 10:51 AM   #5519
ImpX
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post

I installed an Andream unit in my F30 with NBT EVO id4. I bought it 2 weeks ago from AliExpress. I use Android Auto.

So far works nice only struggling with following minor issues.

- I can see the image of map is slightly pixelated, like it was converted from different resolution/format. This is show from time to time.
- I have to press the idrive knob everytime to confirm start of AA, is there option to autostart?
- Maps are stuck in Day mode. Can this be somehow changed? Or at least change it to Night mode permanently? (I mostly use maps on overnight travels)

Thanks,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #5520
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post

I installed an Andream unit in my F30 with NBT EVO id4. I bought it 2 weeks ago from AliExpress. I use Android Auto.

So far works nice only struggling with following minor issues.

- I can see the image of map is slightly pixelated, like it was converted from different resolution/format. This is show from time to time.
- I have to press the idrive knob everytime to confirm start of AA, is there option to autostart?
- Maps are stuck in Day mode. Can this be somehow changed? Or at least change it to Night mode permanently? (I mostly use maps on overnight travels)

Thanks,
I'm not aware of anything that can be done about the B units. You may want to email Andream and see if they are willing to fix those issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #5521
Cruez
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 / Opel Manta b 1981

Quote:
Hi guys,

so I finally had some time and installed Carlinkit, and it seems like the unit came with a new software version, maybe someone can confirm this? the MCU looks like some old version though.

Anyway, it became really late and I didn't have much time to play around with it today so I just tried carplay with my company iphone and all worked well (I'm and android user so I will try to install the custom version this weekend).

The problem I immediately noticed is that my reverse OEM camera doesn't work at all, the screen is just black. PDC works but there's no picture, I just get those awful lines which I immediately turned off in the settings (reverse display track), and that funny looking top view of a car with the radar display. Any ideas on this??

I set up the DIP switch number 7 to OFF since on the first page it says "7 OFF = 3rd party camera, ON = OEM camera (does not seem to have any effect)". Should I switch it to ON?

Well I hope someone had a similar issue with the OEM camera in the past and solved it (I couldn't find a solution while searching this thread). I'll continue testing other stuff tomorrow.

P.s. just forgot to mention that this black screen while reverseing happens even when I'm in the idrive menu. It looks like the video signal coming to the original quadlock and going to the MMI box is not being transferred later on to the HU. I hope this is just a software and not a hardware problem, I would hate to loose my reverse camera!
Quote:
Hi guys,

Any improvement with your oem cam? I have a rear oem cam as well and doubting now a little more to buy a unit. So sad that it still seems to be a bit of a gamble if a unit works good or not...
i think in the past for some people this worked. So it indeed has to be a software issue...
hope you get it sorted soon. Keep us posted! 🤞🤞🤞
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 03:46 PM   #5522
MihaiP
Rep
Drives: bmw f48

I have problems with the cable connection. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work.

I get the error from attachet picture or no error occurs and the connectig screen remains.

When I put the cable in the phone, the connection/charging information appears on the phone but android auto doesnt start. If i use Autolink for mirroing i have no problem, it connects every time.

Has anyone had this before, how did it fix it?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0