F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

12-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #5545
Xerxist
Rep
Drives: BMW F21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerIs View Post
I also need to check this one. But I don't know the password to connect to the MMI box via Wifi, as I pressed forget that wifi network and it ask for a password when trying to reconnect
Depends on the device. Carlinkit has 88888888 other ones 12345678 not sure which one you have.
If you relink the device via USB it should automatically fil it in as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 05:22 PM   #5546
MihaiP
Rep
Drives: bmw f48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerial View Post
Hey Folks,
Hope you can help me out here ��
I have added the Andream Mmi box last week And managed to get it work wirelessly with my android phone Huawei mate 20 Pro.
However in order to work properly I need to connect both the Bluetooth and the WiFi to the Mmi and respectfully when I run Waze it does not show live data like the traffic or police cameras, due to the fact that my phone is connected to a WiFi which has no Internet....
No Spotify or YouTube music as no Internet connection...
My navi is CIC professional and Mmi firmware is 20.9.9.15
Thanks!
hello,

in case you haven't solved it, try setting the phone according to the example given in the link
https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/...ata-on-or-off/
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 08:52 PM   #5547
mclark2112
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 M40i

All I have to say is, Waze on the Carplay Dashboard! Hallalujah!
Appreciate 2
lohuot25.50
Fishie10.50
      12-07-2020, 09:09 PM   #5548
lohuot
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i

I just noticed yesterday that holding down the menu button is now rebooting the MMI. I recently updated to 1.1.2 on an Andream B unit.
Holding down the back button no longer does anything. With this, it is not easy to switch between iDrive and the MMI dashboards.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this similar behavior.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 10:24 PM   #5549
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohuot View Post
I just noticed yesterday that holding down the menu button is now rebooting the MMI. I recently updated to 1.1.2 on an Andream B unit.
Holding down the back button no longer does anything. With this, it is not easy to switch between iDrive and the MMI dashboards.

Is that just a menu setting?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 12:27 AM   #5550
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkwick View Post
Although I've sent a private message to you, I'll post it here so anyone can vouch for similar problem

When I looked directly with my eyes, there are noticeable pixels around the fonts. As stated by ImpX, it looked like converted or upscaled from different format.

---

Oh and I changed wifi channel to 6 (2.4GHz) to make it discoverable for my phone (Samsung S10+ SD855)
I treated myself and replaced my 6.5" screen with an 8.8" screen and decided to play with the AA config dpi. Here are pics of AA running at 480p in widescreen mode with a dpi of 139. At 140dpi the display goes out of widescreen mode:
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Frrr6.00
      12-08-2020, 01:52 AM   #5551
Stievo9997
Rep
Drives: 330ci(e46) 535i(f10) 428i(f33)

Andream unit rebooting after switching to Idrive.

Hi All,

I bought a second hand andream unit. I installed it on a 428xi (2014-05) which is having the Entrynav NBT, and all is working(except for one thing).
The following software and mcu where on it:

v2.1.0.8.multiusb.gpe.b
MCU 20.06.02 (not 100% sure)

So assuming it is a EW-BMCP-NBT01A based on software versions. As i can't find anywhere else what the model number should be.

But the problem occurs when i switch to iDrive menu, (holding Menu or Back button) It shows for 2 seconds the Idrive screen. (and the control knob, does work) but after that Andream 'clicks' and reboots.

I've tried several MCU and Softwares from the EW-BMCP-NBT01A list. And also tried the customs v2.0.B0.mod with MCU 20.06.02 custom. But same problem here.

I also tried disconnecting everything, and hook it up again. But still no solution sadly.

Anyone who could help me with this issue?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 02:02 AM   #5552
Xerial
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 528i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaiP View Post
hello,

in case you haven't solved it, try setting the phone according to the example given in the link
https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/...ata-on-or-off/
Thank you and thanks all for the hints!
Will try and update you
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 02:13 AM   #5553
BreeeZe
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i (F30)

Quote:

Mine came with 1.1.2 and does not behave like that..
I can switch between MMI and iDrive with the menu button and reboot the MMI using the back button.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 02:32 AM   #5554
Stievo9997
Rep
Drives: 330ci(e46) 535i(f10) 428i(f33)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stievo9997 View Post
Hi All,

I bought a second hand andream unit. I installed it on a 428xi (2014-05) which is having the Entrynav NBT, and all is working(except for one thing).
The following software and mcu where on it:

v2.1.0.8.multiusb.gpe.b
MCU 20.06.02 (not 100% sure)

So assuming it is a EW-BMCP-NBT01A based on software versions. As i can't find anywhere else what the model number should be.

But the problem occurs when i switch to iDrive menu, (holding Menu or Back button) It shows for 2 seconds the Idrive screen. (and the control knob, does work) but after that Andream 'clicks' and reboots.

I've tried several MCU and Softwares from the EW-BMCP-NBT01A list. And also tried the customs v2.0.B0.mod with MCU 20.06.02 custom. But same problem here.

I also tried disconnecting everything, and hook it up again. But still no solution sadly.

Anyone who could help me with this issue?
Thanks!
So after some thinking, i assumed that i was rebooting the device. Then it shows briefly Idrive and reboots.

But when trying to switch (holding menu 2 sec), the controls do actually switch, but the screens stays on the MMI.

video of the problem: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9egJrmVyf4p3Tf1d8

Last edited by Stievo9997; 12-08-2020 at 02:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 05:44 AM   #5555
IvanK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

I am trying to downgrade my Carlinkit software from version 9.2.10 to 9.2.9 (I also tried updating to the custom v2.0), but when I go to software update and select to upgrade the MMI it just freezes, no left/right, cancel, nothing works. I waited like 5+ minutes but nothing happened.

I can at least restart the MMI with the back button (holding it for 5s) and all is working good except that the software version stays the same one, 9.2.10.

I tried with two different USB sticks both formatted FAT32, on PC and Mac... no idea...

Is there something I am missing here or should I simply force flash update?

P.s. the warning collision stuff has gone away as soon as I connected the power wire back to the hazard button!

I tried force flash update, and nothing! I did everything as explained in the first post, screen went black and I heard the click, no progress bar appeared so I just let go of the back button, and then the black screen stayed there for 5 minutes and nothing changed. So I restarted the device and it booted normally with the bmw logo as always and 9.2.10 was still there. Now I'm completely clueless and have no idea what should I do next.

Any help/idea is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by IvanK; 12-08-2020 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 07:56 AM   #5556
Xerial
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 528i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerial View Post
Thank you and thanks all for the hints!
Will try and update you
WiFi + was enabled on my phone... And as it seems it will switch to mobile data only in case of a bad WiFi signal...
Doesn't really help much as I have perfect wifi signal and connection to the MMI.
The point is whether I need both Bluetooth and WiFi connections or is there a workaround.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 08:42 AM   #5557
lohuot
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Is that just a menu setting?
Not sure what menu setting would cause this. Do you know where that would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreeeZe View Post
Mine came with 1.1.2 and does not behave like that..
I can switch between MMI and iDrive with the menu button and reboot the MMI using the back button.
I have an older MCU I see. Another thing that I have done differently is I recently went from Android to iPhone. I am now using CarPlay instead of AA.
I normally don't switch from iDrive to MMI so I am not sure when and why this started happening.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 09:05 AM   #5558
rimsilva
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: i3 60Ah BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzogt View Post
Could you perhaps share that file with us? Perhaps it works on my unit.

Sure, but I believe that it's the same that we've here.

https://mega.nz/file/mpdAUThY#8arndR...c14LxOSx_3NTkg

BTW they just reply that the file that they sent me is fine, but the true is that several user here have the same burning error....

Even the MCU version seems not to be the problem, because the people with bruning error have diferent MCU versions

Could it be any problem with the unit after the last update? Is it possible to restore the factory settings?

I will ask that to the support again...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #5559
propeller65
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 2015

Quote:

Hello, i just installed new Andream with V1.1.2 (arrived last wheek) and 'menu' button switches on/off mmi and 'back' reset the mmi.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #5560
Fishie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 32ix

I got an updated MCU for roadtop unit B. It is dated as of November 22 so it's pretty new. I will post the link to it later this week when I have some free time.

I'm thinking about installing a front camera... I already have the MMI unit and I looked on ali and the cameras are only around $30 CAD so I might as well.

Anyone recommend a specific brand or anything I should look for when picking the camera I get? Ideally, I would like to avoid screwing into the bumper but not sure if that's possible.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #5561
DerIs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by propeller65 View Post
Hello, i just installed new Andream with V1.1.2 (arrived last wheek) and 'menu' button switches on/off mmi and 'back' reset the mmi.
I will try to flash tomorrow and test it as well. Thanks
Appreciate 1
muniz_ri447.50
      12-08-2020, 11:43 AM   #5562
DerIs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
I got an updated MCU for roadtop unit B. It is dated as of November 22 so it's pretty new. I will post the link to it later this week when I have some free time.

I'm thinking about installing a front camera... I already have the MMI unit and I looked on ali and the cameras are only around $30 CAD so I might as well.

Anyone recommend a specific brand or anything I should look for when picking the camera I get? Ideally, I would like to avoid screwing into the bumper but not sure if that's possible.
I saw a few for the F30 that fits in between the grills, with some clips. Sadly I couldn't find any for the F32. The F30 I have "kind of" fits. It fits the curvature of the grill on top, but not the width.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #5563
tuzogt
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: G30 530d B57 @195kW/620NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimsilva View Post
Sure, but I believe that it's the same that we've here.

https://mega.nz/file/mpdAUThY#8arndR...c14LxOSx_3NTkg

BTW they just reply that the file that they sent me is fine, but the true is that several user here have the same burning error....

Even the MCU version seems not to be the problem, because the people with bruning error have diferent MCU versions

Could it be any problem with the unit after the last update? Is it possible to restore the factory settings?

I will ask that to the support again...
You're right. No luck, again....
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 01:31 PM   #5564
IvanK
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
I am trying to downgrade my Carlinkit software from version 9.2.10 to 9.2.9 (I also tried updating to the custom v2.0), but when I go to software update and select to upgrade the MMI it just freezes, no left/right, cancel, nothing works. I waited like 5+ minutes but nothing happened.

I can at least restart the MMI with the back button (holding it for 5s) and all is working good except that the software version stays the same one, 9.2.10.

I tried with two different USB sticks both formatted FAT32, on PC and Mac... no idea...

P.s. the warning collision stuff has gone away as soon as I connected the power wire back to the hazard button!

I tried force flash update, and nothing! I did everything as explained in the first post, screen went black and I heard the click, no progress bar appeared so I just let go of the back button, and then the black screen stayed there for 5 minutes and nothing changed. So I restarted the device and it booted normally with the bmw logo as always and 9.2.10 was still there. Now I'm completely clueless and have no idea what should I do next.

I got a 9.2.9 firmware file from Carlinkit, hoped that this one will maybe work thinking they made something with the 9.2.10 version so that you can't downgrade/upgrade with any other file, but no, same thing. I get to the update screen, run the update and it just freezes there.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #5565
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Quote:

I got a 9.2.9 firmware file from Carlinkit, hoped that this one will maybe work thinking they made something with the 9.2.10 version so that you can't downgrade/upgrade with any other file, but no, same thing. I get to the update screen, run the update and it just freezes there.
Try formatting the usb stick to mbr. Also make sure there is nothing else in the usb drive besides the ispbooot file.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 02:44 PM   #5566
IvanK
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Try formatting the usb stick to mbr. Also make sure there is nothing else in the usb drive besides the ispbooot file.
Nothing changed. I formatted it with the mbr scheme and there is nothing else on the sitck other than the ispboot.bin file. The USB cable is working for sure, I connected my Android phone and it launched AA and was charging it. Now since it's dark outside I also saw what's happening with the small LED on the USB stick, how and when is it being read. So it's on as soon as the MMI boots up and it stays on all the time, as soon as I enter System Update and run the update in that moment the LED just turns off, nothing happens. I restart the MMI and it's there again.

Regarding force flash update, I hold "back" and turn on ignition (MMI was powered off prior to this) and the LED on the USB stick appears on for a second or two and then off, seconds later again on and then off, and this cycle goes on and on but nothing happens. It looks like MMI is trying to read the stick but can't.

Again, I reboot the MMI and all is good.

I either have a very stubborn unit or there's something else I'm doing wrong.
Appreciate 0