F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

05-06-2021, 08:57 PM   #7657
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashhong View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
The Carlinkit version will allow you to flash the custom firmware but the RoadTop version will not. Besides that the native firmware and features will be much the same.
Fuu I finally pulled the trigger and got the RoadTop. I didn't realize it can't do the custom firmware! That's it, I'm just getting the Andream from Ali.

But from what I'm seeing, the "B" version Andream is not compatible either? So if I order and receive a B version, am I out of luck on the future custom firmwares?

I do see the A sku listed on this Andream listing..I'll have to buy it here and hope that it actually comes with version A.

https://www.android-car-dvd.com/coll...32066140471432
I don't know that there will be another custom firmware version now that all of the vendors have added the missing features.

It was those missing features, e.g. AA widescreen support and using oem bluetooth connection for calls, etc. that drove the need for a custom option. Now all of the vendors offer these features.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 09:11 PM   #7658
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
I don't know that there will be another custom firmware version now that all of the vendors have added the missing features.

It was those missing features, e.g. AA widescreen support and using oem bluetooth connection for calls, etc. that drove the need for a custom option. Now all of the vendors offer these features.
Makes sense, thanks. Guess I'll get the Andream since it's the cheapest anyway and hope for the best!

edit: damn they replied saying they have EW-BMCP-NBT04X. Is there any vendor that we know sells the A version still?

Last edited by Ashhong; 05-06-2021 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:35 PM   #7659
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Makes sense, thanks. Guess I'll get the Andream since it's the cheapest anyway and hope for the best!

edit: damn they replied saying they have EW-BMCP-NBT04X. Is there any vendor that we know sells the A version still?
I believe that Carlinkit is the only one.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:38 PM   #7660
Melir
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Hello guys, I've just got my MMI box installed and noticed two issues I am trying to figure out:
1. Sometimes when I get in the car the CarPlay isn't connected automatically and I should reconnect it again manually which is very annoying.
2. Sometimes when hold the iDrive button to open Siri the MMI box just freeze and restart. (This one is really rare but happened couple of times already when I am using the MMI box for more than 1 hour).

I believe this could be fixed if I update the software but can't understand exactly which version I should pick for my unit:

SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: B2_V1.2.0_t
MCU Version: 20.10.22.16
HW Version: BMW_NBT2

Last edited by Melir; 05-18-2021 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: Found the answer
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 01:09 AM   #7661
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I believe that Carlinkit is the only one.
Thanks. I just bought this one on Amazon but just noticed that it says WIRED Carplay, but comments and questions do mention that it supports wireless. I wasn't aware of a "wired" carplay box. Do you think this will actually support wireless as well?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also you mentioned Carlinke, but I saw on the first page that they also sell a B2 version, but it uses ISPBOOT and not GEMINI. Would this be compatible with the Custom Firmware 2.0? Though like you said it might not matter since everyone has all of the features. Does Carlinke support auto day/night CarPlay switch then?

Sorry for all of the questions, it's hard to find up to date info in such a big thread

Last edited by Ashhong; 05-07-2021 at 01:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #7662
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melir View Post
Hello guys, I've just got my MMI box installed and noticed two issues I am trying to figure out:
1. Sometimes when I get in the car the CarPlay isn't connected automatically and I should reconnect it again manually which is very annoying.
2. Sometimes when hold the iDrive button to open Siri the MMI box just freeze and restart. (This one is really rare but happened couple of times already when I am using the MMI box for more than 1 hour).

I believe this could be fixed if I update the software but can't understand exactly which version I should pick for my unit:

SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: B2_V1.2.0_t
MCU Version: 20.10.22.16
HW Version: BMW_NBT2

It would be really helpful if someone explain all these versions and what I should to looking for, thanks in advance

Latest NBT2 version V.1.2.5 on this site to download. Freezing sometimes happened to me too. Just update and see it's stable. I never lost auto logon with BT and Wifi connection with Android Auto it started when I enter the car. Did you use a 5GHz channel? It's possible the signal is distorted at places with magnetrons, transmitters, DECT telephone's or other equipment with strong magnetic fields. Then you have to setup the connection again, I'm afraid.

Last edited by RAAF12; 05-07-2021 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #7663
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I just bought this one on Amazon but just noticed that it says WIRED Carplay, but comments and questions do mention that it supports wireless. I wasn't aware of a "wired" carplay box. Do you think this will actually support wireless as well?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also you mentioned Carlinke, but I saw on the first page that they also sell a B2 version, but it uses ISPBOOT and not GEMINI. Would this be compatible with the Custom Firmware 2.0? Though like you said it might not matter since everyone has all of the features. Does Carlinke support auto day/night CarPlay switch then?

Sorry for all of the questions, it's hard to find up to date info in such a big thread
Yes, that unit will have wireless Carplay and AA. I have the same one. I noticed that they have a $30 off coupon. Very cool

They will likely ship the original version not the B2 but if they do, the custom sw can be modified to run on the B2 version. PM me if they do ship you the B2 version.

And yes, all vendor versions now seem to support automatic night mode switching with their latest updates.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 10:50 AM   #7664
Sinnakle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 SO M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
I even made a custom boot screen. Anyway, I've sent you a pm.
Very clean! Would you be able to send me this logo screen?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 11:46 AM   #7665
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes, that unit will have wireless Carplay and AA. I have the same one. I noticed that they have a $30 off coupon. Very cool

They will likely ship the original version not the B2 but if they do, the custom sw can be modified to run on the B2 version. PM me if they do ship you the B2 version.

And yes, all vendor versions now seem to support automatic night mode switching with their latest updates.
Thanks!! Ordering now
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 12:09 PM   #7666
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnakle View Post
Very clean! Would you be able to send me this logo screen?
Sure, here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logo.zip (46.8 KB, 145 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 03:08 PM   #7667
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:
Per Bimmertech:

"In some cases, even though the Reverse Camera has been set to Aftermarket and the Manual
Gearbox has been set to no the reverse camera will still not fire up correctly. In such a case, it may be
necessary to toggle the Reverse Camera Alternative setting to on."

"
Any idea where the Manual Gearbox setting is?! I never knew that there was one and maybe it might fix my camera issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 04:10 PM   #7668
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws199 View Post
Any idea where the Manual Gearbox setting is?! I never knew that there was one and maybe it might fix my camera issues.
I do not. I pulled that language from a Bimmertech install manual.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 04:21 PM   #7669
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:
I do not. I pulled that language from a Bimmertech install manual.
Ok thanks, I've seen that in the manual now too but couldn't see the setting in the custom firmware or the latest carlinkit one
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 04:52 PM   #7670
scoobdawg
Private
Rep
Drives: f10

Just received the Andream CIC model today direct from Andream - Model number is EW-BMCP-CIC10M - Have a few questions before I install and really hope someone can answer -I've read much of the thread..

First - To use the OEM Microphone, do I need to remove my A-Pillar or are those old instructions - Bimmertech's latest video doesn't mention that at al

Second - I'm a little confused with the Dips - Out of the box 3 and 4 were set to on - I have an 8.8 inch screen with rear backup camera and front/rear Parking Sensor - What are the right Dip switch settings? Would it be 237 on everything else off?

Thanks for the assist !

Last edited by scoobdawg; 05-07-2021 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #7671
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws199 View Post
Ok thanks, I've seen that in the manual now too but couldn't see the setting in the custom firmware or the latest carlinkit one
Which mmi do you have?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #7672
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdawg View Post
Just received the Andream CIC model today direct from Andream - Model number is EW-BMCP-CIC10M - Have a few questions before I install and really hope someone can answer -I've read much of the thread..

First - To use the OEM Microphone, do I need to remove my A-Pillar or are those old instructions - Bimmertech's latest video doesn't mention that at al
Only if your OEM mic doesn't work, then you need the optional mic cable harness.
Quote:

Second - I'm a little confused with the Dips - Out of the box 3 and 4 were set to on - I have an 8.8 inch screen with rear backup camera and front/rear Parking Sensor - What are the right Dip switch settings? Would it be 237 on everything else off?

Thanks for the assist !
You're welcome.
Switches number 3 and 4 are set to ON for 8.8' display. The 7 switch is only for not OEM mics. You have original OEM BMW mic, right?
So the dipswitches are set to 00110000 according to CIC on https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/40001...20f131b20mZore
Or just check a printed copy of the doc on the sellers site. Like I did

BTW. This is the NBT version.
Attached Images

Last edited by RAAF12; 05-07-2021 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:29 AM   #7673
Rajconp
Austria
Rep
Drives: F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibi100 View Post
hi, i have the exact same MMI BOX with the exact same version, and i tried multiple updates, but none work, i tried multiple usb sticks. what is the model of your MMI? the brand ? seller ?
i'dont no what the model of the MMI? the box is clean around. NO BRAND.

Only one sticker with NBT printed. thats it.

This box cannot play MKVs with AC3 only MKVs with ACC.
This box can only read USB Flash Drives wit FAT32.
NTFS, exFAT is not working.

when i go in the car, my iphone connect to the carplay automaticly.
I can play music over Spotify, that works good, but when any body calls me i hear nothing, i must first time switch the bluetooth connection on the iphone from carplay to idrive bluetooth. Is this normal?????
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:43 AM   #7674
Rajconp
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako2388 View Post
Another thing I noticed was with CarPlay there isn't much need to pair the iPhone directly to iDrive. In the beginning I did this, mainly so I could still use the steering wheel option to call people. But this would cause some issues with sound output. Often my iPhone would be sending the music over Bluetooth instead of CarPlay. Which would require me to go and switch the output (now that I type this there may be an option to fix that right within iDrive and I will look later).
*EDIT my idea worked...when you pair the iPhone to iDrive just remove the "Audio" checkbox. Haven't had this issue since.
i have the same problem! i paired my iphone and remove the audio checkbox, but the problem is the same??

any idea???
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:51 AM   #7675
Rajconp
Austria
Rep

and have any one the bmw icon logo for me??
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2021, 04:54 AM   #7676
ben.bell1987
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 520D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajconp View Post
and have any one the bmw icon logo for me??
Sure, here you go!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:14 AM   #7677
Rajconp
Austria
Rep

i mean the icon for carplay?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 06:14 AM   #7678
Umlautian
Rep
Drives: '16 F56 Cooper / '17 BMW F800R

Hi all,

I'm currently in contact with the engineers at Andream to work out a solution, but maybe someone else has run into this problem?

I wanted to install a EW-BMCP-EVO-A in a 12/2017 Mini Clubman with EntryNav2 headunit without GPS. (I've successfully done this before on another Clubman with the same headunit from the same month/year). Unfortunately, I can't seem to get this one to work. Holding the Menu button will not switch the unit to Carplay. I can still use the regular interface, all the buttons on the iDrive controller work, so I'm guessing the CAN messages are forwarded correctly.

They've sent me another unit, but this one has the same problem. I've even had the chance to try both units in a 2018 Clubman with NBT EVO and another with the EntryNav2 unit with GPS. No luck...

The engineers over at Andream want me to try the wired CarPlay connection, as this will also automatically switch the unit over. I will try this on Monday.
If it does switch over, then it could be fixed with a software update, else both units are probably defective, but this seems statistically highly unlikely to me.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Umlautian; 05-08-2021 at 06:22 AM..
Appreciate 0