F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Connected Drive
Extreme Powerhouse

03-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #1
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Connected Drive

Hi guys, I got the activation link and my BMW Connected Drive account is registered and set up. In the car I now have all of the services on the iDrive and it is saying I have all the facilities like remote locking, lights, horn etc. I also have the My BMW Remote App on my iPhone and have put my details into that and it has brought up my vehicle details but it's not showing my vehicle location, no is it showing any of the remote options. Any ideas?

Also, in general what are the decent features of having the Connected Drive account set up?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
Hi guys, I got the activation link and my BMW Connected Drive account is registered and set up. In the car I now have all of the services on the iDrive and it is saying I have all the facilities like remote locking, lights, horn etc. I also have the My BMW Remote App on my iPhone and have put my details into that and it has brought up my vehicle details but it's not showing my vehicle location, no is it showing any of the remote options. Any ideas?

Also, in general what are the decent features of having the Connected Drive account set up?
I thought i read you had to within a certain distance for the location bit to work...
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
ThreethirtyDee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport

Can't help you with why it doesn't work, but wouldn't get too disappointed. The only use I've ever found for this is to show off the technology (and it doesn't always work with headlight flash and horn sound taking far too long)

Never forgotten where I've parked my car yet but I am getting older and when it happens I will probably forget about the app too.
Appreciate 0