F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Carbon Splitter Strength
ARMA SPEED

05-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
otee10
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 LCI

Hi all,

Recently added a genuine M Performance Carbon Splitter onto my 4 series. I previously had a plastic matte one with no issues whatsoever (withstood high speeds, bumps and slopes)

This OEM one seems slightly longer in length (in contrast to aftermarket) and I've already scuffed this one several times within a week (steep driveway). I believe my paranoia is kicking in and I feel as if it's going to fall off at any time.

Fitted with 3M tape and drilled as per the instructions. Has anyone got the genuine M Perf splitter that has withheld high speeds and multiple scrapes? Lastly, am I right in assuming that the genuine product twinned with carbon fibre is generally pretty sturdy?

Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 04:02 AM   #2
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by otee10 View Post
Hi all,

Recently added a genuine M Performance Carbon Splitter onto my 4 series. I previously had a plastic matte one with no issues whatsoever (withstood high speeds, bumps and slopes)

This OEM one seems slightly longer in length (in contrast to aftermarket) and I've already scuffed this one several times within a week (steep driveway). I believe my paranoia is kicking in and I feel as if it's going to fall off at any time.

Fitted with 3M tape and drilled as per the instructions. Has anyone got the genuine M Perf splitter that has withheld high speeds and multiple scrapes? Lastly, am I right in assuming that the genuine product twinned with carbon fibre is generally pretty sturdy?

Thanks in advance
I have a genuine splitter on my F31 which I've lowered on H&R's, it scrapes frequently and speed is not an issue 😬 don't ask me how I know!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 05:30 AM   #3
otee10
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURSTTTT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by otee10 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
I have a genuine splitter on my F31 which I've lowered on H&R's, it scrapes frequently and speed is not an issue 😬 don't ask me how I know!
How was yours fitted mate? Everytime I scrape the bottom of the splitter I feel as if it's going to crack. However, held up well so far!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 06:48 AM   #4
jrah
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340d

I've had both a matte replica splitter and genuine carbon splitter on previous cars. Lets just say the genuine carbon stood up to speeds much greater than the matte replica.

I wouldn't worry.
      05-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
otee10
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrah View Post
I've had both a matte replica splitter and genuine carbon splitter on previous cars. Lets just say the genuine carbon stood up to speeds much greater than the matte replica.

I wouldn't worry.
That's good to hear. As my previous matte one was brilliant but just didn't look the part! Thanks
Appreciate 0