F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Stock LED Angel Eye Malfunction
ARMA SPEED

07-16-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
eatsleepblink281
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Stock LED Angel Eye Malfunction

Hi guys, to give background on my car, 2015 428i with Xenon, so I have the LED angel eyes.

Someone hit and run me, backed into my front of my car, very minor, no dents but broke my left grill, but few weeks later, recently saw on my iDrive, Daytime/Parking Lamp Malfunction and then noticed the LED angel eyes wasnt working. Lots of condensation inside of headlights after observing every morning.

Opened up hood and opened the headlights cap to see the interior of the headlights housing with water inside, there was a crack in my headlight housing, where the left grill usually is, got snapped off (from hit and run) creating a crack.

Luckily living in Texas, I left hood open and evaporated all water that I noticed and sealed crack and so far no condensation for past few days

What I want to ask is if anyone knows how can I fix the Angel Eyes, tried to look online but only see how to videos for halogen to LED.

You think dealership wouldnt be too expensive? I have no clue which LED bulb to buy or where its located to install.
Dont think my 2020 warranty will cover cause theyll probably spot the crack and maybe spot water residue.

I appreciate anyones advice, sucks to have a hit and run and now im scared of how much dealership will charge, half of the halo lights on BMW just arent the same

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
expl0de
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 320d and e92 320i

The leds for the angel eyes are replaceable, but headlights have to come out. They can be removed from the bottom of the assembly. It is a good idea to swap both leds and ensure this is the problem and not anything else.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4x-N...347908478.html
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #3
eatsleepblink281
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by expl0de View Post
The leds for the angel eyes are replaceable, but headlights have to come out. They can be removed from the bottom of the assembly. It is a good idea to swap both leds and ensure this is the problem and not anything else.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4x-N...347908478.html

I see, thanks that helps a bunch!!! didn't know where to start, have to learn how to remove bumper now to remove the headlights
Appreciate 0