F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Help with issue f31 320d ed
Studio RSR

09-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
tony_termite
Rep
Drives: E46 m3, f31 320d ed

Hello all

Joined a few days ago just bought a 2015 65plate f31 320d ed with 139k on it full service history swrviced last 133k

Drove it home 90miles all ok no faults went out this morning local fine on way back started the car to see ecu light on read codes with a bluetooth odb reader when i got back and came up with p00bc maf reset ok. (see screenshot attached)[IMG]undefined[/IMG]

I messaged the garage with the screenshots attached and they will get a new maf for it but just checking if this is something else anyone has experienced and its something more sinister..

Update just drove to blackpool now in it 78miles no faults came up.

I've checked the VIN No for any bmw recalls and says non outstanding on the site

if i get the maf sensor can it just be swapped out or does it need coding in would a bosch one from euros be ok?

Any help appreciated

Thanks Tony
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 11:45 AM   #2
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

Why do you think you need a MAF because of this? Typical you'll get this code because of something like a vaccum leak. What work was done? Are there any physical symptoms? Studdering, stalling?

Definitely wouldn't order a MAF without checking the voltagesd and making sure it was indeed bad. In my experience its rarely, if ever a bad MAF
      09-28-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
Fez_7
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

On my 2012 F30 320D ED I had the MAF replaced for a new one at the time of getting the car remapped when it had 110k on the clock since it wasn't mapping as it should (it was only reaching around 200bhp instead of 230bhp). Can't remember what the error codes were at the time though but I followed the remapper's recommendation.

New MAF was a straight swap as far as I'm aware, I got the remapper to source and fit it for me and it didn't take long at all. He likely just got a Bosch one from Euros, I think it was about £160/£180 if that helps. This sorted out the remap but then the Engine Management Light showed up on the dash which turned out to be a boost leak so I got the vacuum pipe sealed and the car has been fault free ever since.

From your description it sounds like the garage are certainly trying to help so I'd take them up on the offer of a new MAF but also see if you can get the car in to be tested for any leaks just in case. If it was anything more serious I imagine your EML would be on permanently and the error code wouldn't go away so I wouldn't worry too much.