F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Charge-air temperature sensor error
ARMA SPEED

04-10-2024, 03:04 AM   #1
Dragoss91
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10

Charge-air temperature sensor error

Hello,
I have n47s1 and I was getting 278700 "Charge-air temperature sensor, plausibility: Difference, starting value to reference temperature too high" so I have replaced the charge-air temperature sensor (13628519445) located under throttle body and still get the error.

The wires and connectors are fine because if they were intrerrupted the error would be totally different (short circuit to ground).

I have read on the internet that the Reference temperature is taken from the EGR temperature sensor (13628576316) so if that is faulty the error would be thrown on the charge-air temperature sensor.

The charge-air temperature sensor (the one I have replaced)

The EGR temperature sensor

Can someone confirm if I replace the EGR temperature sensor would fix the issue ? I don't want to waste more money on replacing good sensors.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0