F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E-Sys (with pro launcher) vs Bimmercode
proTUNING Freaks

03-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #23
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Just used launcher pro and all is working correctly! I had to get a different version of psdzdata to be able to code ICM & KOMBI though.
Different version as in an older/newer version or just a more complete version?

How long did you wait for an initial email reply? I made a charity donation and forwarded him the confirmation 4 days ago. I can probably wait another week if I have to otherwise I'll have to double up and buy Bimmercode + BT adaptor as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #24
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsm87 View Post
Quote:
Just used launcher pro and all is working correctly! I had to get a different version of psdzdata to be able to code ICM & KOMBI though.

How long did you wait for an initial email reply? I made a charity donation and forwarded him the confirmation 4 days ago. I can probably wait another week if I have to otherwise I'll have to double up and buy Bimmercode + BT adaptor as well.
Not sure, they're ones that shawnsheridan sent me.

There's no need to pay the donation any more, e-sys premium is available for free again, shawn can send you links.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 05:38 PM   #25
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsm87 View Post
Quote:

Not sure, they're ones that shawnsheridan sent me.

There's no need to pay the donation any more, e-sys premium is available for free again, shawn can send you links.
I want launcher Pro 3 though. Works with E-Sys 3.31 and a few bugs sorted. I have already made a donation so can't turn back now.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 06:48 PM   #26
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s11nny View Post
the current e sys premium expires in june, i seen in on mine when launching
Interesting, glad I got pro then!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 02:45 AM   #27
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

I’ve got both, esys is more powerful but BimmerCode is so much easier and quicker for simple coding changes.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #28
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

I have been trying to get the free E-sys Premium Launcher to work without success, it keeps asking for an activation code. I tried using different versions of the Launcher, Esys, data, etc. and even changed my system's region from US English to UK English but nothing works.. still asks for an activation.

What do you guys suggest I do? BimmerCode seems a lot easier and more convenient to use, especially since I am new to all of this and am still trying to learn about the whole E-sys process and how to change parameters and such, but the problem is that I am in Egypt at the moment (where my car is) and ordering one of those Bluetooth OBD adapters will take forever to arrive and I'll be going back to the UK where I am studying in the beginning of July, so it's not worth the money or the hassle for me.

I got an ENET cable from Amazon UK a couple of days ago before I came back home and read so many guides and tutorials on how to install Esys and use it but none of the versions I have used seem to work because I keep getting stuck in the "activation" process.

Any recommendations? I currently have Premium Launcher V2.8.0.143, Esys V3.27.1_B44813, and PSdZData_Lite V4.11.20 on Windows 7 via Parallels Desktop.

The whole thing actually worked briefly yesterday but Windows 10 via Parallels was really slow and sluggish, which is why I removed it and installed Windows 7 and then couldn't get the Launcher to work again.

EDIT: I actually have this Bluetooth OBDII adapter but I had ordered it for my old Seat Leon in order to check for and clear errors, so am I correct in assuming that it won't actually work with BimmerCode for Android or iOS?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 02:45 AM   #29
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Unlikely to work. They list supported adapters on their website.....

http://bimmercodeapp.com/adapter/
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #30
ccnonerf15
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

working Launcher PRO 2.8.1 esys 3.30.1
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 11:39 AM   #31
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekelsakka View Post
I have been trying to get the free E-sys Premium Launcher to work without success, it keeps asking for an activation code. I tried using different versions of the Launcher, Esys, data, etc. and even changed my system's region from US English to UK English but nothing works.. still asks for an activation.

What do you guys suggest I do? BimmerCode seems a lot easier and more convenient to use, especially since I am new to all of this and am still trying to learn about the whole E-sys process and how to change parameters and such, but the problem is that I am in Egypt at the moment (where my car is) and ordering one of those Bluetooth OBD adapters will take forever to arrive and I'll be going back to the UK where I am studying in the beginning of July, so it's not worth the money or the hassle for me.

I got an ENET cable from Amazon UK a couple of days ago before I came back home and read so many guides and tutorials on how to install Esys and use it but none of the versions I have used seem to work because I keep getting stuck in the "activation" process.

Any recommendations? I currently have Premium Launcher V2.8.0.143, Esys V3.27.1_B44813, and PSdZData_Lite V4.11.20 on Windows 7 via Parallels Desktop.

The whole thing actually worked briefly yesterday but Windows 10 via Parallels was really slow and sluggish, which is why I removed it and installed Windows 7 and then couldn't get the Launcher to work again.

EDIT: I actually have this Bluetooth OBDII adapter but I had ordered it for my old Seat Leon in order to check for and clear errors, so am I correct in assuming that it won't actually work with BimmerCode for Android or iOS?
Download the BimmerCode app and try it, you can connect to the car and read the modules in the free version.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #32
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

teaston Thanks for your reply. I was able to get the issue sorted out back then but I did end up buying the Vgate BT adapter as well as a BimmerCode license. I did some coding yesterday and it worked brilliantly. I wish there was an Android version of BimmerLink as well but I am not going to buy an iOS device just for that purpose.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 02:42 PM   #33
Mike_92
Registered
Rep
Drives: f32 420d 2014

Garage List
f32 bimmercode connection problems

Hi guys. I just bought a Vgate iCar pro WIFI adapter for my 2014 f32 420d but I am having troubles having it work with bimmercode on android (galaxy s8+ android 8.0 oreo).

This is what I did: first, put the adapter in the port, then connected my phone to the v-link wifi (the light on the adapter turned from red to green), then I switched on the ignition and opened the bimmercode app.
After that I just clicked on "connect", the link to the adapter seemed to work, but the app got stuck identyfing the ECUs.
I tried several times, tried to reinstall bimmercode and restart my phone, tried to connect with engine on and off. Nothing changed the outcome.

To be precise, it always gets stuck at 14%.
Every time this happens, i can see the led on the adapter toggling from red to green while the percentage rises, and then getting stuck to green when the app gets stuck too.

It's the first time I try coding so I don't really know if this is due to a defective adapter or what. I was not able to find anything similar to my problem.

Do you guys have any idea what could cause this?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #34
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekelsakka View Post
teaston Thanks for your reply. I was able to get the issue sorted out back then but I did end up buying the Vgate BT adapter as well as a BimmerCode license. I did some coding yesterday and it worked brilliantly. I wish there was an Android version of BimmerLink as well but I am not going to buy an iOS device just for that purpose.
I think BimmerLink is quite new so there's probably an Android version coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 05:38 AM   #35
chriskinsella87
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 320d 2015 pre lci

Leds

Quote:
Originally Posted by clavi2k5 View Post
i have esys pro ask me what u need to know
Is there a way to code out warm/cold and activate LEDs for all front lights? Not just deals and indicators which it seems on the chest sheet? Mine is pre lci

Thank you!
Appreciate 0