F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Wheel Corrosion / Milking - Where do I stand?
ARMA SPEED

06-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #45
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethbridge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Update - Reply back to an email I sent the dealer

Hi there Mr #####

You can come in Saturday, I will not be here as I am on annual leave from tomorrow until Tuesday,there is a big event on so I am not 100% sure someone from the sales department will be available.

I have asked our warranty guy to dig out the paperwork from your last visit, the paperwork has stated that we had replaced a centre cap but no corrosion has been reported on the paperwork.

In terms of warranty on the wheels we have spoken to the people that will diamond cut the face and they have said they will give 12 months warranty.

As we both know granted people do report issues with wheels on forums and say certain things about them but one thing we don't know is how they are looked after.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

#####

Time to go to another dealer?!?
Sounds like it - but I wouldn't deal with sales at all on a warranty issue. Just ring up and make an appointment with the 'warranty guy'. He is saying there is no corrosion but yet they are going to pay for a refurbishment?? Obviously if you have corrosion this isn't correct so get him to look at your wheels again and acknowledge there is some corrosion. He should then video the wheels and send to BMW for a decision. Obviously he won't do that if there is no corrosion but if there is then he should have no reservations about doing so as it avoids them paying for a refurbishment and refit of wheels (4 hours labour for some apparently!!). This process can't be more straightforward and it isn't the dealer that gets to make the decision (except if there is no corrosion in which case their role is to ensure there isn't a waste of everyone's time)... Sales people in car showrooms are generally pretty clueless in my experience, so avoid...
Can I take you with me lol!

Bang on what your saying about the process and the issues. Don't know what they are being like this. I've just dropped them a message asking to meet with the warranty person and would like them to look at the car again.

Cheers for the advice and help

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #46
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5557223 View Post
As has been said before, if the dealer prepped the car and refurb'd the wheels as part of the prep, they will not be covered by BMW warranty.

You will simply be presented with an opportunity to have them refurb'd again.

To me it sounds like that is the reason why you keep getting pushed back to the sales dept. Once refurb'd wheels are put back on the car, you are typically charged for wheel alignment and balancing. I know a few cases where folks get charged £60-100 dealer dependent to have wheels put back on the car.

Ask them if the wheels were ever refurbished by the dealer themselves?
I asked this when I bought the car and the wheels were in perfect condition.

Not sure why they keep pushing for a refurb when it's a cost to them. the warranty work isn't :

Hoping to meet them on Saturday

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #47
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Wheel Corrosion / Milking - Where do I stand?

Just spoke with Sytner Leicester. They want me to come in and they will assess the wheels. Booked in tomorrow at 12.

I've got more from them in 10 mins than I have with the other dealer since April!

This is draining! Let's see what happens tomorrow

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #48
R99
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring

They sound like a bunch of amateurs...

Ask to speak to the warranty controller and politely, but firmly demand that the warranty process is correctly followed.

Or..... find another local dealer who actually understands how to carry out their role.

Salesman shouldn’t even be involved in what is very clearly a manufacturers warranty issue. Plus, he sounds clueless!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 01:44 PM   #49
speedski
Major
Rep
Drives: Former F40/F36/E81/E85 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
I asked this when I bought the car and the wheels were in perfect condition.

Not sure why they keep pushing for a refurb when it's a cost to them. the warranty work isn't :

Hoping to meet them on Saturday
They pushing for a refurb because they must have refurbed them before sale and now if they tried to do a warranty claim BMW would decline as they were refurbed...

Be interesting what Shytner Leicester says - they *should* be able to tell you if they were refurbed.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
Junebug851615.00
      06-08-2018, 07:07 AM   #50
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Today's update in the saga....

Just been to shytner Leicester (Who really are shite).... They said they can't help me as they think both wheels have been refurbished due to kerbing and that's why the corrosion has started on the refurbished bits. When I asked to show me they repeated themselves and said the wheel guys have made their decision. Okaaaay I thought. I asked them how does someone get kerb rash around the centre cap area, the edge I can believe... My question was quickly dismissed again. They have told me to speak to Sycamore and sent me on my way. Looking at the wheels...

How can you tell if it's been completely refurbished :. I feel like I was completely fobbed off just now.

Anyway while sat waiting for the car to be assessed I had a call from the Warranty manager at sycamore who said theres been a mix up. He's not sure why I was pointed by service dept to talk with sales... He's been waiting for me to contact him to get the car booked in. So what ever the salesman has been saying to me, Mr Warranty person was not aware off.

He was waiting for me to get the car booked in so both wheels can be replaced... I was going to ask him about what Sytner claimed but thought I'd better not. Just want the wheels replaced and move on. Just need to call them back and book in an appointment towards the start of July. I thought I'd be relieved its getting sorted but I'm just pissed off

This has left a sour taste with me with both dealers

Appreciate 1
      06-08-2018, 07:12 AM   #51
philiper1
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F21 M135i LCI

Garage List
result
Junebug851615.00