F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

12-05-2020, 01:17 PM   #2113
MLHH1234
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 '14 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Interesting. How you realise it's running CIC software? .
My understanding is that cic is the software and champ2 is the hardware.
CIC and NBT are quite different in appearence and headunits running NBT have far more coding options available over my cic unit
Appreciate 1
serge858149.50
      12-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #2114
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 '12

Quote:
Why are you saying your car has CIC (CIC has 4 pins) while you have 6 pins NBT OEM audio. It can't be CIC with 6-pins NBT)).

I haven't seen F30 with CIC, I think all of them are 6 pins NBT (Entrynav - it doesn't matter).

So your MCU for NBT is correct. Flashing MCU for CIC may cause issues to your HU.
Today I have checked to install MCU CIC in my adroid system and it does not work correctly, the idrive cotroller stops working with the android part and in the original CIC system, luckily I have been able to put the updated NBT version back and I have everything working again correctly.

Last edited by EliasBAM; 12-06-2020 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
serge858149.50
      12-05-2020, 02:01 PM   #2115
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Ok, now I understand. First of all MCU has nothing to do with audio quality. Second if you have CIC system and you got NBT Android then there is a big chance that most (if not all) car - Android communication won't work. Unfortunately you cannot flash CIC MCU on NBT one, at best you will see that the update failed.

As for audio routing you have few options:
1. Use external USB DAC and still use armrest AUX connector.
2. Look for a hardware guide in this thread on how to modify AUX connector (you will have to remove a resistor).
3. Code out AUX input from VO, but this may also disable other things.
Install MCU CIC and Idrive controller did not work but then upgrade to MCU NBT successfully. Through the touch screen. I have tried again to disconnect the 4 pins of the aux under the armrests as other foreros have done and I have not been successful. I point to option 1 of the usb DAC, I already tried with a male / female aux and I was disappointed, it only amplifies the sound with interference if it is connected to the current. I'm going to look in this thread for option 2, remove the resistance and test. Option 3 would be the last since I am not very into professional coding, I would have to pay a professional to encode it for me. For now I am using oem bluetooh to listen to music and phone, then I go to Zlink to manage music from spotify but this is a bit annoying (although I can get used to it), the good side of this is that I see the name of the song on the small screen of my speedmeter and I can use the roulette wheel to change the song by seeing it on the mini screen as well as answering calls, calling etc. I say something cumbersome because of the fact that sometimes (not always) I have to select from the Spotify app of the mobile OEM radio audio output when I get into CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #2116
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasBAM View Post
Install MCU CIC and Idrive controller did not work but then upgrade to MCU NBT successfully. Through the touch screen. I have tried again to disconnect the 4 pins of the aux under the armrests as other foreros have done and I have not been successful. I point to option 1 of the usb DAC, I already tried with a male / female aux and I was disappointed, it only amplifies the sound with interference if it is connected to the current. I'm going to look in this thread for option 2, remove the resistance and test. Option 3 would be the last since I am not very into professional coding, I would have to pay a professional to encode it for me. For now I am using oem bluetooh to listen to music and phone, then I go to Zlink to manage music from spotify but this is a bit annoying (although I can get used to it), the good side of this is that I see the name of the song on the small screen of my speedmeter and I can use the roulette wheel to change the song by seeing it on the mini screen as well as answering calls, calling etc. I say something cumbersome because of the fact that sometimes (not always) I have to select from the Spotify app of the mobile OEM radio audio output when I get into CarPlay.
the good side of this is that I see the name of the song on the small screen of my speedmeter and I can use the roulette wheel to change the song by seeing it on the mini screen as well as answering calls, calling etc. I say something cumbersome because of the fact that sometimes (not always) I have to select from the Spotify app of the mobile OEM radio audio output when I get into CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #2117
Rbb81
Rep
Drives: 318d '13

i am in the same situation, hu alpine with cic and 4 pin connector and display with 6 pin connector, installed android nbt display and everything works fine, encode hu aux and no need to connect armrest aux anymore, usb still works .
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #2118
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbb81 View Post
i am in the same situation, hu alpine with cic and 4 pin connector and display with 6 pin connector, installed android nbt display and everything works fine, encode hu aux and no need to connect armrest aux anymore, usb still works .

Could you tell me please how do I code this? I have bimmercode is it possible to do this with this application?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:27 PM   #2119
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauchodan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coniman View Post
Someone knows how to activate wired CarPlay in ZLink? In app settings my license is only for Wireless CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto but I've seen different licenses, and there is one that enables Wired and Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

This is my unit:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/nkYYFYw/B3-BEA35-C-...8-D2889038.jpg[/img]

And those are all the options:
[IMG]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...g?v=1562124538[/IMG]
Quote:
Someone knows how to activate wired CarPlay in ZLink? In app settings my license is only for Wireless CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto but I've seen different licenses, and there is one that enables Wired and Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.
I'd love if wired was also an option. Zlink wireless is so frustratingly unreliable. I'm going to email them now about this. product@zjinnova.com
Did you get any response?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #2120
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:

I contacted them once, they put me off and told me to speak to my unit salesperson.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:42 PM   #2121
coniman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I contacted them once, they put me off and told me to speak to my unit salesperson.
I've also contacted EBILAEN on AliExpress but didn't get response. : Seems like these Chinese company's sell you the product but then when you need something they don't give a solution. It has been always like that in my case.

EDIT: just got this response

-hi friend
may i konw if you connect bluetooth and wifi first ?
-carplay is wireless ,do not need usb
this raido could work with android phone via usb
it work with android auto too friend
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #2122
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:
I've also contacted EBILAEN on AliExpress but didn't get response. : Seems like these Chinese company's sell you the product but then when you need something they don't give a solution. It has been always like that in my case.

-hi friend

I would also like to connect Apple Carplay by cable because of the speed and fluidity issue, even if it is just for testing.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 06:23 PM   #2123
coniman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

-hi friend

I would also like to connect Apple Carplay by cable because of the speed and fluidity issue, even if it is just for testing.
Yes, but they don't understand what we want. Or they don't want to understand, who knows
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 06:25 PM   #2124
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but they don't understand what we want. Or they don't want to understand, who knows
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 07:50 PM   #2125
gauchodan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Quote:
Quote:
No response to my email. I'm back to using Carlinkit instead of zlink. It's not great either but more reliable than zlink.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #2126
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:
No response to my email. I'm back to using Carlinkit instead of zlink. It's not great either but more reliable than zlink.
It works more fluid and connects faster as it is by cable?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #2127
gauchodan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Quote:
Quote:
It works more fluid and connects faster as it is by cable?
It's wireless, but I believe there's a wired option. If I could go back I go with wired and if zlink ever gets fixed you can switch back.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 11:43 PM   #2128
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

fix? It works fine for me, it's just not as fluent as the original Android system
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 02:59 AM   #2129
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
How could it be HU alpine 4 pins and display with 6 pins? Is one end LVDS cable with 4 pins and another 6 pins? Really??
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 03:55 AM   #2130
mica81
Registered
Rep
Drives: mercedes s204

Hey guys just wanted to warn you about the Ali Express seller "MEKEDE". As long as you don't have any problems, everything is fine, only if you get some you only have trouble. I bought the display and everything was great. After 2 months it didn't work anymore. Contacted MEKEDE and tried everything that he told me to test. Still without function. Then he said to send it back. So sent back for 60 € shipping and nothing has happened since then. 4 months ago now. I don't recommend buying there.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 04:02 AM   #2131
Rbb81
Rep
Drives: 318d '13

Quote:
How could it be HU alpine 4 pins and display with 6 pins? Is one end LVDS cable with 4 pins and another 6 pins? Really??
That's right, my hu is figure 18 of the link, it brings a combox module, compare with nbt ...
https://mca.electricmura.ro/en/blog-...or-nbt-idrive/

Last edited by Rbb81; 12-06-2020 at 04:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 05:32 AM   #2132
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
That's right, my hu is figure 18 of the link, it brings a combox module, compare with nbt ...
https://mca.electricmura.ro/en/blog-...or-nbt-idrive/
Figure 18 has 4 pins CIC LVDS, you cannot have oem display with 6 pins together with this multimedia unit.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 06:44 AM   #2133
dmitry_ds
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Downgrade to a previous version that worked for you. At the moment we have no solution for that. You have to understand that we are not talking about flipping some switches and changing few settings - these new restrictions are coded into the centerservice.apk and we need to figure out how to hack it and inject our own whitelist. A very difficult task because all allowed apps share the same signature - encrypted key that is only known to the Chinese devs.
returned to 2.3.6 no problems. I wonder why only I have such problems? maybe I run a lot of programs in the background. It's a pity if the new firmware will continue to have this problem, I will look forward to solving the problem.
The worst thing is that "MemoryKiller" did not kill one app, but all at once in the background.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 07:40 AM   #2134
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Figure 18 has 4 pins CIC LVDS, you cannot have oem display with 6 pins together with this multimedia unit.

I think that when we refer to 4 pins in the message it was the aux module of the armrest that has 4 pins, the cable of the screen and that of the unit are 6 pins, I tell you because I have exactly the same radio figure 18.
Appreciate 0