F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Ontario Ends Electric/Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program
Extreme Powerhouse

07-16-2018, 08:36 AM   #1
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Ontario Ends Electric/Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program

As of July 11, Ontario has cancelled the electric/hydrogen vehicle incentive program. Moving forward, there will be no incentives being given to electric and hydrogen vehicles. Any vehicles purchased and delivered before July 11 are still eligible for a claim. If you're still waiting for delivery, if the order was placed by the dealership before July 11, you have up to September 10 to have it plated to be eligible for a claim.

This is a huge hit for anyone interested in any BMW i or electric BMW's. It will be interesting to see if BMW provides any further support than the current electric vehicle credit that is currently available.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

Friend's friend managed to buy a 330e before this was announced. think her delivery date was last week. lucky her. but really, i personally don't like paying for someone's car

ZCP | ZHP | ZTR | ZE0 | MSport | ZMP | DHP | MStickerPack | THP | MPPSK | MPPK
BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
As of July 11, Ontario has cancelled the electric/hydrogen vehicle incentive program. Moving forward, there will be no incentives being given to electric and hydrogen vehicles. Any vehicles purchased and delivered before July 11 are still eligible for a claim. If you're still waiting for delivery, if the order was placed by the dealership before July 11, you have up to September 10 to have it plated to be eligible for a claim.

This is a huge hit for anyone interested in any BMW i or electric BMW's. It will be interesting to see if BMW provides any further support than the current electric vehicle credit that is currently available.
Fxck Doug Ford
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #4
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Fxck Doug Ford
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Fxck Doug Ford
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #6
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
For the i3, I think it's going to be a huge hit. Very few actually like the i3 but are willing to experience it given the amount of credits that are available - $5,000 from BMW and another $13,000 from the Ontario government which many would use as a downpayment so you could have an i3 originally leasing for over $1,000 to low-to-mid $800's. While $800/month payment is still steep, it's going to be the entry price to test out an i3 and is a lot better than paying over $1,000.

But with that said, dealerships know their inventory and know what they must move so I also wouldn't be surprised to see dealerships having aggressive in-house incentives to try to move cars especially the i3/i3S.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 05:47 AM   #7
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
Fxck Doug Ford
Seriously? You like paying billions extra for electricity?
https://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...r-general.html

You like shoving unproven theory about gender fludity down our children's throats?

You like wasting another billion on gas plant cancellations to save a few liberal seats?
https://nationalpost.com/news/email-...ctricity-costs

You like cap and trade taxation when Canada for the most part is carbon neutral?
https://business.financialpost.com/o...ng-it-a-secret

You like having the largest sub sovereign debt in the world with no plan to control the deficit?
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...on-debt-really

If you want to say fuck someone, Fuck Wynne and the shady liberals, unless of course if you are at the trough like the teachers and other public service unions.....
      07-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #8
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 BMW 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Seriously? You like paying billions extra for electricity?
https://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...r-general.html

You like shoving unproven theory about gender fludity down our children's throats?

You like wasting another billion on gas plant cancellations to save a few liberal seats?
https://nationalpost.com/news/email-...ctricity-costs

You like cap and trade taxation when Canada for the most part is carbon neutral?
https://business.financialpost.com/o...ng-it-a-secret

You like having the largest sub sovereign debt in the world with no plan to control the deficit?
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...on-debt-really

If you want to say fuck someone, Fuck Wynne and the shady liberals, unless of course if you are at the trough like the teachers and other public service unions.....
A'men.

Sorry I didn't like paying out of my own pocket to help people buy $100,000 Tesla vehicles. No sympathy from me on this topic.