F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Do dealer paint/interior protection warranties pay out?
Extreme Powerhouse

07-10-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

Do dealer paint/interior protection warranties pay out?

I recently bought a 2016 F31 that had a dealer-applied paint and interior coating (Simoniz Glasscoat) put on when it was new. I have the original warranty document which allows it to be transferred to a second owner and still be good for 7 years.

The car has a few stains on the rear seats that I haven't been able to get out. There are also a few small spots on the paint that seem dull/the clear coat is coming off. There are also a number of scratches/chips etc that clearly aren't covered by the verbiage in the warranty.

My question is - has anyone who got one of these dealer-applied coatings with warranty actually gotten them to pay out? If so, how did you do it? Apparently I have to get an estimate for the repair, then submit that + photos for a warranty claim. But not even sure where I'd take it for something like this.
Appreciate 0