F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Anyone with the Active Auto Flash tune dyno there car yet?
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,350
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Anyone with the Active Auto Flash tune dyno there car yet?

I have not uploaded the tune yet but I am just curious to see dyno graphs and numbers for those whom have bought the tune. Please post if you have.
Hope to tune mine once I get my CPs this week from a member selling his set to me. Will dyno will post.
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #2
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
I have not uploaded the tune yet but I am just curious to see dyno graphs and numbers for those whom have bought the tune. Please post if you have.
Hope to tune mine once I get my CPs this week from a member selling his set to me. Will dyno will post.
Seems like all tunes make 310-325 on stage 1 and 350-375 on stage 2 when you run a catless dp. Gotta go dp. But yea. I think all the tunes arethe same
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 01:16 AM   #3
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,350
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Seems like all tunes make 310-325 on stage 1 and 350-375 on stage 2 when you run a catless dp. Gotta go dp. But yea. I think all the tunes arethe same
Wanna see AA dyneed cars from recent customers not BM3. Bm3 guys have posted!
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3246
Rep
7,137
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Seems like all tunes make 310-325 on stage 1 and 350-375 on stage 2 when you run a catless dp. Gotta go dp. But yea. I think all the tunes arethe same
Cant wait to see how they run different 0-60mph, 1/4 mile, 62-124mph and 60-130mph though
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Wanna see AA dyneed cars from recent customers not BM3. Bm3 guys have posted!
Me too, it will vary a lot now new OTS maps are stronger than last year
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #5
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Cant wait to see how they run different 0-60mph, 1/4 mile, 62-124mph and 60-130mph though

Me too, it will vary a lot now new OTS maps are stronger than last year
I know. That is all going to start coming in very soon. I am shocked that it seems nearly impossible to compare logs. That should be happening right now

Anways. Sorry to detail thread.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3245.50

      03-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #6
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
harkes's Avatar
China
743
Rep
1,747
Posts

Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Xiamen, China

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Cant wait to see how they run different 0-60mph, 1/4 mile, 62-124mph and 60-130mph though

Me too, it will vary a lot now new OTS maps are stronger than last year
I know. That is all going to start coming in very soon. I am shocked that it seems nearly impossible to compare logs. That should be happening right now

Anways. Sorry to detail thread.
Any flash tune can be logged with e.g TorquePro. Just need some enthusiasts willing to do it.
__________________
M135i PWG, MHD, Pure Stage2, Torqbyte CM5-LT, xHP
(A Dane in China)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 12:26 AM   #7
28nomad
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2014 355i
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Glendale AZ

iTrader: (0)

Coming from domestic NA cars this seems so far behind tech wise. I thought getting a 2014 these kind of things would be sorted by now. Anyway fun to see the excitement here for this form of tuning and user adjustability !
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 05:27 AM   #8
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,350
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Cant wait to see how they run different 0-60mph, 1/4 mile, 62-124mph and 60-130mph though
lmao I know what my dude Mr R is looking for! No doubt!

R you know as well or better than anybody that those measurements would also depend on the car as each car will be different. Some faster some slower due to many factors,driver mod ,bolt ons(quality,part efficiency),gas etc but definitely you want to see and feel an increase in performance. Guess that’s why it would perhaps interest me more to see at least a few dynos like what I have seen on the BM3 side.

I am interested in seeing afr’s under boost and rpms, power curves, areas under the curb and most importantly see how safe the tune is. Torque curve is also of high interest. Then do comparisons to other tunes.

It is conceivable that tunes can vary from car to car. One Bm3 car may perform in a straight line better than a car with Xtune while another car with the same Xtune may outperform the Bm3 car. One car may be faster but will it last,is it running faster safely in terms of afr,timing etc.

So someone somewhere please post an AA dyno with all the plots so we can see. Hopefully a couple of cars will participate so we can see and get some kind of idea as myself and R are suggesting.

PS hope to upload and dyno my car soon and post.
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2

Last edited by ceedawg; 03-21-2018 at 05:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
FSociety3245.50

      03-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #9
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
874
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
I have confirmed my dyno for the morning of the 31st, and will post full logs from Torque and my dyno passes.
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 2
ceedawg435.50

      03-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #10
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
JaredG_F30's Avatar
985
Rep
1,506
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Awesome!! Just 10 days away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
I have confirmed my dyno for the morning of the 31st, and will post full logs from Torque and my dyno passes.
__________________

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #11
FenixMike
Captain
391
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: 2015 X5 50i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Albuquerque, NM

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28nomad View Post
Coming from domestic NA cars this seems so far behind tech wise. I thought getting a 2014 these kind of things would be sorted by now. Anyway fun to see the excitement here for this form of tuning and user adjustability !
I was in the same boat before, now im on my 3rd BMW... While I did all the domestic tuning myself, I let ESS Tuning in Chandler do all the BMW stuff and they have a dynojet in house.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #12
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,350
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
I have confirmed my dyno for the morning of the 31st, and will post full logs from Torque and my dyno passes.
Great news! Are you going to make a video? Probably a dumb question!

I am hoping to have my car setup in similar fashion as yours. Also hoping to see what kind of catted DP AA will market.

your car will be a great marker for me. I hope to also get the JB4 just for logging purposes and controlling E85 in the future.

11 days and counting!! LOL
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2
Appreciate 1
FSociety3245.50

      03-21-2018, 03:44 PM   #13
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3246
Rep
7,137
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
lmao I know what my dude Mr R is looking for! No doubt!

R you know as well or better than anybody that those measurements would also depend on the car as each car will be different. Some faster some slower due to many factors,driver mod ,bolt ons(quality,part efficiency),gas etc but definitely you want to see and feel an increase in performance. Guess thatís why it would perhaps interest me more to see at least a few dynos like what I have seen on the BM3 side.

I am interested in seeing afrís under boost and rpms, power curves, areas under the curb and most importantly see how safe the tune is. Torque curve is also of high interest. Then do comparisons to other tunes.

It is conceivable that tunes can vary from car to car. One Bm3 car may perform in a straight line better than a car with Xtune while another car with the same Xtune may outperform the Bm3 car. One car may be faster but will it last,is it running faster safely in terms of afr,timing etc.

So someone somewhere please post an AA dyno with all the plots so we can see. Hopefully a couple of cars will participate so we can see and get some kind of idea as myself and R are suggesting.

PS hope to upload and dyno my car soon and post.
I'm 100% with you, but you know its much easier to spend $149 on Dragy a Performance Meter throw it on a flat surface whether track or whatever. Test out your 0-60mph, 1/4mile, 1/2mile, 62-124mph(100-200KM) or 60-130mph back to back and throughout weeks with different fuels/weather/tires than spending the same time and more money on a Dyno

From my experience I have about 20 Dyno Pulls on my baby Mustang and Dynojet, but dyno's are the ones that can vary more than your 0-60mph why?
For ex with Dragy has 1% slope whereas Vbox has 3%, which means Dragy is even more realistic

AFR/Boost/Rpms you see this with a proper log a Dyno will only show you a single gear log, unless you're able to go to a real dynoer tuner who will run through multiple gears ?

But i agree both are equally good to me, some cars put a good Dyno show but do not represent it when it comes to putting the number in the street then what good does it do ?
As of 2018 I am now happy of seeing faster times with the Performance Meters with bm3 logging as I get to see the full picture

We should prob do a local dyno day before summer talk to you on whatsapp
__________________
Appreciate 2
ceedawg435.50
badbread297.00

      03-21-2018, 06:16 PM   #14
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,350
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
I'm 100% with you, but you know its much easier to spend $149 on Dragy a Performance Meter throw it on a flat surface whether track or whatever. Test out your 0-60mph, 1/4mile, 1/2mile, 62-124mph(100-200KM) or 60-130mph back to back and throughout weeks with different fuels/weather/tires than spending the same time and more money on a Dyno

From my experience I have about 20 Dyno Pulls on my baby Mustang and Dynojet, but dyno's are the ones that can vary more than your 0-60mph why?
For ex with Dragy has 1% slope whereas Vbox has 3%, which means Dragy is even more realistic

AFR/Boost/Rpms you see this with a proper log a Dyno will only show you a single gear log, unless you're able to go to a real dynoer tuner who will run through multiple gears ?

But i agree both are equally good to me, some cars put a good Dyno show but do not represent it when it comes to putting the number in the street then what good does it do ?
As of 2018 I am now happy of seeing faster times with the Performance Meters with bm3 logging as I get to see the full picture

We should prob do a local dyno day before summer talk to you on whatsapp

Welll some of us have balls of steel lmao . Jersey Crew

Yes I definitely agree that street tuning is better marker where with a dyno you are dynoing on one gear and dynos vary. I would do logging on the street and also on the dyno. Its just that these cars are so fast sometimes after a tune that it's too dangerous to do a 3rd gear pull on the street for some. I know I know Im an old bastard,! Lol So the safe option is the dyno. Street tuning is great for tuning drivability and WOT but be careful.

Summer dyno day is a fantastic idea as well
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2

Last edited by ceedawg; 03-21-2018 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 07:50 PM   #15
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Great news! Are you going to make a video? Probably a dumb question!

I am hoping to have my car setup in similar fashion as yours. Also hoping to see what kind of catted DP AA will market.

your car will be a great marker for me. I hope to also get the JB4 just for logging purposes and controlling E85 in the future.

11 days and counting!! LOL
If u want to log why not just go wth a tuning platform that logs?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 06:17 AM   #16
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,350
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
If u want to log why not just go wth a tuning platform that logs?
Other than logging there are some nice things a JB4 can do that a tune alone cannot do.
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 07:48 AM   #17
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3246
Rep
7,137
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Other than logging there are some nice things a JB4 can do that a tune alone cannot do.
Vice-versa lol
__________________
Appreciate 1
ceedawg435.50

      03-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #18
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
436
Rep
1,350
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Vice-versa lol
Oh I agree!!!
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, ACS springs. FBO BM3 Stg 2
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 05:53 PM   #19
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
11267
Rep
123,397
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Cant wait for your feedback!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 11:28 AM   #20
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
874
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Any last minute advice before Saturday? I think I have my logs all setup with the suggested values. I have also slightly brushed off the rest on my excel skills on my test log, so I can graph out multi-axis values and actually show them simultaneously.

Also, I *assume* the pulls should be in 4th gear (6MT)? Thought I would double check.. my stock pulls a year ago were on the suggestion of the shop then. My last runs were one in 3rd, and 2 in 4th.

I am going to run logs, plus interior and exterior video just for fun and will compile the video and share that and the logs and dyno graphs here.
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 11:32 AM   #21
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
F30_SixSpeed's Avatar
1101
Rep
951
Posts

Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Any last minute advice before Saturday? I think I have my logs all setup with the suggested values. I have also slightly brushed off the rest on my excel skills on my test log, so I can graph out multi-axis values and actually show them simultaneously.

Also, I *assume* the pulls should be in 4th gear (6MT)? Thought I would double check.. my stock pulls a year ago were on the suggestion of the shop then. My last runs were one in 3rd, and 2 in 4th.

I am going to run logs, plus interior and exterior video just for fun and will compile the video and share that and the logs and dyno graphs here.
5th gear will yield the most accurate (and usually higher) numbers. It is the 1:1 gear ratio on the 6MT. I would do them in 5th.

Only downfall is if on stock intercooler, car will heatsoak a bit more up top and if the speed limiter is not removed (assuming yours is) it will hit the speed limiter.
Appreciate 3
FSociety3245.50
ceedawg435.50

      03-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #22
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
874
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
5th gear will yield the most accurate (and usually higher) numbers. It is the 1:1 gear ratio on the 6MT. I would do them in 5th.

Only downfall is if on stock intercooler, car will heatsoak a bit more up top and if the speed limiter is not removed (assuming yours is) it will hit the speed limiter.
So AA FMIC so better than stock.. *DAMN* great question on the speed limiter.. no clue. I will ping AA asap and see.
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST