F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Vettel
Studio RSR

11-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Vettel

What a dick.

He's having a go at Le Clerc but to me he just lost his tag having been overtaken. Either way as usual LoL Ferrari wtf.
      11-17-2019, 01:10 PM   #2
Abrek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 435d

Vettel’s fault 100%. Feeling the pressure...
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      11-17-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Who Knows

Still... that was a lot of damage for such a small bit of contact
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 05:55 PM   #4
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

100% Vettel's fault. His immaturity seems to worsen each season and seems to be strongly linked to his inability to compete in wheel to wheel racing, and carrying grudges each time he loses out.

Ferrari should sack him.

With Toto Woolf, we hear, considering a move to be the head of F1 it could be a Hamilton + LeClerc line-up at Ferrari but may be too soon for 2020 as Lewis is still under contract.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #5
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Always nice to see Ferrari balls it up, fingers fault but CLC had more room as well to move left.
      11-18-2019, 02:06 AM   #6
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Failari again!
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      11-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Enjoyed that race. I think Hamilton talked himself into a penalty there with his post race interview. A little harsh imo as Albon certainly left the door open. To me that was a racing indicdent more than anything.

I wonder if Gasly might find himself back at Redbull. I was pleased he got second.

As for Vettel - yep another cock up!
      11-18-2019, 08:51 AM   #8
sgovind
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xdrive

Exciting race. Reminded me of all the commotion at the German GP which spiced things up.

I agree that Hamilton probably made it easy for the stewards by admitting he was at fault. But then again, he has nothing to lose since he's already the world champion and it was nice to see him apologize to Albon who thoroughly deserved to finish 2nd (pulled a great move on Vettel at the second restart).

As for Vettel and Leclerc, Leclerc was clearly faster and great move into turn 1 to pass Vettel. If Vettel would have been a little sensible, I feel Leclerc would have caught Albon and Hamilton to finish 2nd. It's a shame because Verstappen now has a decent 11 pt lead to Leclerc for third in the championship.
2014 328i xdrive | Black Dakota Leather w/ DIY Blue Stitching | EB Interior trim | M Sport | Lighting | Premium | Driver Assistance | Cold Weather | LCI Tail Lights | M Performance Brakes (Blue) | 340i Muffler
Appreciate 2
JustChris17487.50
F20MAW73876.50
      11-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #9
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

I would have loved to see a Verstappen/Gasley/Albon podium, I think Lewis was right to call himself out and it sets an example to others including Vettel who needs to stop driving like Maldonardo and start using his race craft to out wit the young gun CLC.
      11-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #10
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I would have loved to see a Verstappen/Gasley/Albon podium, I think Lewis was right to call himself out and it sets an example to others including Vettel who needs to stop driving like Maldonardo and start using his race craft to out wit the young gun CLC.
His race craft?
A rare commodity over the years imho. Too many silly incidents.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      11-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
His race craft?
Race Craft

[IMG]https://media1.giphy.com/media/VijMO...;rid=giphy.gif[/IMG]
      11-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #12
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

If the title was on the line there would be no way Hamilton would have been so apologetic. He went for a gap which was there and Albon closed it with obvious results. Albon wouldn't do that again. LH is a gent when it doesn't matter - trying to get some goodwill while he can.

As for Vettel. Pure frustration and an attempt to put some manners on LeClerc. Backfired big time - nice guy but put on a crash helmet and what a cock.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #13
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
His race craft?
Well I don't think there are many on the F1 grid that aren't masters of their craft (well apart from the obvious ones, Stroll as an example) 4 WDC and a wealth of experience, he does have it, just needs to start using it.
      11-18-2019, 03:16 PM   #14
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Who Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by zofinger View Post
If the title was on the line there would be no way Hamilton would have been so apologetic. He went for a gap which was there and Albon closed it with obvious results. Albon wouldn't do that again. LH is a gent when it doesn't matter - trying to get some goodwill while he can.

As for Vettel. Pure frustration and an attempt to put some manners on LeClerc. Backfired big time - nice guy but put on a crash helmet and what a cock.
If the title was on the line I don't think he would have went for it anyway. He has shown he knows when to be aggressive and when not to be. He most likely would have waited until the back straight to try the pass and not try something so risky. Much like he told Verstappen in the last Brazilian grand prix when he fought with Ocon "He had more to lose".
Appreciate 1
Wills28656.00
      11-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #15
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

nah, 50 : 50, yes Vettel moved but it's a standard move, you push the other driver to the inside to force him tight on the corner. leclerc didnt yield and kept straight despite having room on the inside, either driver could have avoided the collision, this view is also shared by the FIA. They were both very unlucky to get such damage from such small contact.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 05:15 PM   #16
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
nah, 50 : 50, yes Vettel moved but it's a standard move, you push the other driver to the inside to force him tight on the corner. leclerc didnt yield and kept straight despite having room on the inside, either driver could have avoided the collision, this view is also shared by the FIA. They were both very unlucky to get such damage from such small contact.
In fairness to Vettel he was ahead by half a car length, however CLC is a young hot head on the make, he's a 4 time WDC and yes squeezing is the game however Ferrari had the most to lose and both didn't seem to care...that's what I bet they got a bollocking about, the team comes first and they drive for Ferrari and both can be replaced.

Many drivers on that grid could have performed as they have this season in that car....
      11-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #17
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s11nny View Post
I still think 50/50 on this. But in these 3 years vettal has cost Ferrari a lot of points
2017 was ferrari's championship until singapore happened
2018 was theres until Germany and monza happened.
2019 Ferrari screwed up whole year, even with their jet mode engine in qualy they couldnt do anything.

2020 i feel is their year, or may be close. but if their 2 drivers are fighting, then 2007 can happen where the guy from the slower team takes it due to ferrari taking points of each other
nah, 2017 and 2018, they started with a good car but in both years the car went away from them. where I do think Vettel has gone wrong us in both seasons he did tend to start to overdrive the car and take big risks, but I dont think either if these would have massively changed the result. Ferrari, as a team have failed to deliver the maximum for the last 3 years, but again, not sure if that would ultimately have changed anything.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #18
zofinger
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
If the title was on the line I don't think he would have went for it anyway. He has shown he knows when to be aggressive and when not to be. He most likely would have waited until the back straight to try the pass and not try something so risky. Much like he told Verstappen in the last Brazilian grand prix when he fought with Ocon "He had more to lose".
He pitted in this race from 2nd in order to be in with the chance for a win. It is in that context that I say of ‘if the title was on the line’ i.e he needed to win in order to either win the title or make up a points deficit.

If he didn’t overtake Albon on this corner, where a massive gap was left, he would have needed to wait to the back straight and wouldn’t have had enough laps left to pass the leader. So in my view he would have absolutely gone for this overtake if he was to win the race. Except, the title wasn’t on the line and he bailed out so it ended up being a half-hearted attempt which looked clumsy. Also, if the title was on the line he wouldn’t had so freely admitted it was his fault which demoted him to 7th.

BTW - I’m a Hamilton fan - have always been. Just saying it as I see it!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #19
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

Strange how so many people are pinning it on Vettel. I put it 100% on Leclerc and i'm not a fan of either driver!

Watch Leclerc's menouvre on Norris on lap 1, same corner and compare that to what Vettel did - it was the same menouvre but FAR more aggressive. VET's rear tyre hit LEC's front under acceleration. Cars are allowed to move under acceleration and LEC had full view of VET's car who was gently moving him to the slower line. The kid is just far too arrogant.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #20
zofinger
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddamoo View Post
Strange how so many people are pinning it on Vettel. I put it 100% on Leclerc and i'm not a fan of either driver!

Watch Leclerc's menouvre on Norris on lap 1, same corner and compare that to what Vettel did - it was the same menouvre but FAR more aggressive. VET's rear tyre hit LEC's front under acceleration. Cars are allowed to move under acceleration and LEC had full view of VET's car who was gently moving him to the slower line. The kid is just far too arrogant.
While true LeClerc moved aggressively towards Norris (who swerved to avoid a collision) IF LeClerc had hit Norris he'd had received a penalty. There's no doubt in my mind Vettal moved unnecessarily left - there was no need to move off the racing line other than to squeeze his teammate. There was no space to move left - his teammate was there!

And LeClerc could have avoided the collision (as Norris did) but in intra-team politics, he wasn't about to be pushed about.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17487.50
Watsey6414.00
      11-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #21
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

While true LeClerc moved aggressively towards Norris (who swerved to avoid a collision) IF LeClerc had hit Norris he'd had received a penalty. There's no doubt in my mind Vettal moved unnecessarily left - there was no need to move off the racing line other than to squeeze his teammate. There was no space to move left - his teammate was there!

And LeClerc could have avoided the collision (as Norris did) but in intra-team politics, he wasn't about to be pushed about.
For me this above.
      11-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #22
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

there was absolutely the need to move, every single driver would have done the same. if he didnt move, then leclerc would have braked later and kept the inside, which is exactly why he didnt move. By squeezing the opponent, that opportunity is taken away as they need to brake a lot earlier to ensure they can make the corner.

In all, quite an unfortunate incident, they were unlucky to get such damage and these things happen with two fiercely competitive and quick drivers.

Appreciate 0