F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Upgrading 2013 328i Halogen to Depot LCI headlights
Extreme Powerhouse

11-26-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
MattBMWguy
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Upgrading 2013 328i Halogen to Depot LCI headlights

I'm looking to upgrade my Halogen headlights on my 2013 328i to the Depot LCI headlights. (link: https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/s...led-2030505305)

Has anybody done this upgrade and if so, are these ones just plug and play? Is there anything I should know before buying these with the install? I was planning on taking this to a shop to have them install them.

Also if anyone recommends something else feel free to drop them below!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Nice!

I planned on depos too, that's a solid price!

I ended up getting some spyder smoked black headlights on eBay for cheap.
Decided to use the Phillips Diamond bulbs for high/low/and led for the fogs.
Since it's a 2013 I felt this was the right amount to spend on cosmetics .

Anyway, as for install I'm on the fence between self install and pro install. The videos make it seem super straight forward, the key being not tightening the headlight bolts all the way until the bumper is in its proper position - which mitigates the hood/headlight gap according to posts I've read.

At any rate, I'm also looking for any additional tips or tricks. I've heard 5 hrs is about what it takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 11-27-2019 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2019, 05:26 PM   #3
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
I installed the depos on my previous vehicle which was a '15 320i, and it is indeed plug and play! I had planned on having a shop do it, but I don't live in a major city and none of the shops around here wanted to touch it. Even the shop that exclusively does BMW didn't wanna do it because it was aftermarket. The only one that would do it wanted like $300 for labor!

At the end of the day I ended up doing it myself, and it wasn't that bad tbh. It's a direct swap; no wiring, coding, etc. I used a pair of LED bulbs I got from Amazon. Just know that if you decide to go with LED bulbs, you will most likely have to do some coding to disable the cold/warm checks so they don't flicker.
      11-26-2019, 05:29 PM   #4
MattBMWguy
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRimmer View Post
I installed the depos on my previous vehicle which was a '15 320i, and it is indeed plug and play! I had planned on having a shop do it, but I don't live in a major city and none of the shops around here wanted to touch it. Even the shop that exclusively does BMW didn't wanna do it because it was aftermarket. The only one that would do it wanted like $300 for labor!

At the end of the day I ended up doing it myself, and it wasn't that bad tbh. It's a direct swap; no wiring, coding, etc. I used a pair of LED bulbs I got from Amazon. Just know that if you decide to go with LED bulbs, you will most likely have to do some coding to disable the cold/warm checks so they don't flicker.
Sweet thanks! I'm getting my bumper replaced anyways so I'm having them do it altogether. Hopefully that'll save me a bit on labor
Appreciate 0