F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Help with BMW Drive Discount and USAA Incentive
ARMA SPEED

08-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
KaffineKiller
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M Comp

Garage List
2013 F10 535  [0.00]
2014 BMW F30 335i  [0.00]
2008 335i  [9.50]
Help with BMW Drive Discount and USAA Incentive

Hello all. Hoping someone can maybe shed some light on this one for me. I did the BMW Ultimate Drive event. I also am a USAA Member. As we all know, the BMW Drive Event gives me $1000 off my 2014 3 Series purchase I just made. I also, can receive a $500 incentive from USAA for the 3 series purchase. However, my CA is telling me that the two cannot be combined. On the "BMW Ultimate Drive Allowance" form from BMW, it states "The Ultimate Drive Allowance cannot be used in conjunction with the USAA Military Program". USAA states that the military program is different then the USAA Buying Service. Please also see below from my conversation with a USAA rep,

Just spent the last 2 hours on the phone with USAA. I have attached a document, which states on the second page "This incentive can be combined with all current retail offers unless otherwise stated. Confirm Offer and model availability with an authorized BMW Center. A $500 incentive is available on Leases through BMW Financial Services excluding the X3" Now the otherwise stated, refers to another page, which is internal to them and BMW, that Kaitlin said that BMW should have and is an agreement between you and them. My worries is that you do not have this document because, according to USAA, you are not a certified dealership of USAA. She could not send it to me, but as I stated, is a document that any dealership participating in the USAA Car Buying Service, would have. I typed everything down she told me and it goes as follows: "BMW and mini incentives may not be used in conjunction with:

BMW Corporate Fleet Program
BMW Group Associate and Family Program
European Diplomatic Delivery
USOC Program
PGA Program
BMW Group Vendor Program
BMW CCA/CPO Used Vehicles.

Kaitlin informed me that there records are updated daily and never has she seen that the BMW Drive Event was something that would cancel the USAA incentive. I hope this is the explanation you were looking for in regards to this discount.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated as we are talking about $500 extra off my total invoice. Thank you.
      08-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
pazzo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 Glacier Silver

Sounds like the USAA rep gave you the information you need.
I'd tell the dealer give me the price with the drive event discount and write it on a piece of paper. Then I'd scratch it out and subtract 1k, just for the hard time they are giving you. Slide it back across the table and tell them to take it or leave it.

2017 F48 xDrive Glacier Silver
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

No offense, but why are you going to USAA to ask about the availability of a BMW discount program? You should be calling BMWNA, not USAA. Especially since it specifically lists a USAA disclaimer. Just call and ask for clarification. I can assure you your dealer is not going to do anything differently based on what USAA has explained.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
KaffineKiller
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M Comp

Garage List
2013 F10 535  [0.00]
2014 BMW F30 335i  [0.00]
2008 335i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzo View Post
Sounds like the USAA rep gave you the information you need.
I'd tell the dealer give me the price with the drive event discount and write it on a piece of paper. Then I'd scratch it out and subtract 1k, just for the hard time they are giving you. Slide it back across the table and tell them to take it or leave it.
My CA is a friend so I do not want to do that to him. But his boss is the one coming down on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
No offense, but why are you going to USAA to ask about the availability of a BMW discount program? You should be calling BMWNA, not USAA. Especially since it specifically lists a USAA disclaimer. Just call and ask for clarification. I can assure you your dealer is not going to do anything differently based on what USAA has explained.
BMWNA had no info, they couldn't help me at all with any of this
      08-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
pazzo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 Glacier Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffineKiller View Post
My CA is a friend so I do not want to do that to him. But his boss is the one coming down on this.
I'm sure your friend will understand. I like my CA too, but this is $$$ (business).

In fact, if I was your CA, I'd be going to my boss and say "listen I know this guy and he'll walk".

Good luck.

2017 F48 xDrive Glacier Silver
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

I was also told that USAA cannot be combined with UDE for my lease. There are plenty of other people on here who were told the same thing. I don't remember reading about anyone who was actually able to combine them.

I agree that none of the paperwork hints at this, but I believe it's correct. I'm pretty sure I even called BMWFS to ask them about this and they also confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
anotherguitarplayer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550

Garage List
2021 BMW M550  [0.00]
What kind of deal are you at on the numbers? I haven't seen the $500 mentioned, but USAA has an extra $1500 incentive through the car buying service that runs through the end of the month on a 328/335. You also get an additional discount through the car buying service, of course. My understanding is the $1500 is actually a rebate the dealer gets back. I saw the form briefly when I used it in early July.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
or0b0to
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Something old and moldy

Digging up this thread because it's pretty ridiculous there is no real straight answer.

I was on the phone with BMWNA and BMWFS today for over an hour and no one could give me an answer. They said they had no list about what it can/can not be combined with, and that because dealers are independently owned/operated its up to them to decide what offers they participate in.

I've now spoken to t dealers that both honor the USAA incentive, and the UDE incentive, but one says you can combine, and the other said that the $1k came out of their pocket because they tried and got shot down by BMWNA.

I'd like to know who/what to believe... Usually these legal disclaimers are explicit about the availability/use, but in this case it's totally ambiguous.

I did contact USAA and got the same list that is referenced below... Man I love that company... Great customer service, and when you call with a question they get you an answer.

Has anyone else successfully combined the two?

Do you have anything to point to to show that it's possible?
Appreciate 0