F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT hu retrofitted.
Studio RSR

02-23-2021, 09:34 PM   #1
hawk
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 320d 2008

NBT hu retrofitted.

Hi I've upgraded my f30 320d which was fitted with the basic hu entry to Nbt hu (out of 2014 model 420d). I read all the threads on here regarding the upgrade and felt confident in doing it. I installed the bigger idrive controller first and that worked on the hu entry without any coding.

I took out the old unit, installed the bigger screen and the nbt hu, I was lucky that mine had no combox in the boot. So my fm/am and dab all plugged straight in. I had to trim the USB and turn it 180 degrees, that worked fine. The Bluetooth plug, plugged in after I turned the wire slightly. I hadn't got a GPS ariel built in, nor did I have one to hand so I left that. Neither have I fitted an emulater.

I did a test run and and was surprised the stereo powered up, the lcd is working, the USB and dab/fm/am radio and the Bluetooth are all working fine. I have made telephone calls and my Bluetooth and microphone are all working as should be, I streamed a YouTube video and I could here the audio through the speakers. Navigation was on, but after I powered the car off, and left it, the navigation is greyed out and not accessible now. But everything else is working fine. Sound has improved alot compared to previous system.

I have a few question;

Do I still need to code the system to my car with all the options from the donor car.

The donor car came with front parking sensors and a reverse camera, where as mine only has rear parking sensors, I have noticed when I put in reverse the image shows front and rear parking sensors and loads of camera settings, my reverse pdc range has reduced. Is there any way to remove the front pdc and rear camera option using BimmerCode and how do I get my rear pdc range to extend as it used to beep and get gradually louder the closer you got, where as now it only beeps when your near the red zone.

If I add a WiFi antenna/Bluetooth and a GPS would I be able to code the navigation using fsc code.

Where is the touch ecu located on pre lci 2014 420 coupe as I couldn't locate it.

Finally I would like to thank all the members who have created threads showing how to retro fit nbt Hu.

Last edited by hawk; 02-24-2021 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 07:34 AM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Nav being greyed out is due to the FSCs not matching with your VIN and you will need to have those replaced with a custom set issued to your VIN.

The PDC showing front sensors is mainly due to the fact that it is still coded to the donor vehicle and the NBT will need to be coded with your vehicle order to reflect the options on this vehicle.

The GPS Antenna is not required to upload FSCs to the head unit but necessary for the navigation to function.

The touch ECU is located beneath the centre console and is pretty hard to reach but if you're able to source one on your own, there are Y-cables that you can purchase that can split the ZBE connection with both the controller and the touch ecu so that you can use both.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 1
fe7565552.50
      02-28-2021, 06:59 PM   #3
hawk
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 320d 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
Nav being greyed out is due to the FSCs not matching with your VIN and you will need to have those replaced with a custom set issued to your VIN.

The PDC showing front sensors is mainly due to the fact that it is still coded to the donor vehicle and the NBT will need to be coded with your vehicle order to reflect the options on this vehicle.

The GPS Antenna is not required to upload FSCs to the head unit but necessary for the navigation to function.

The touch ECU is located beneath the centre console and is pretty hard to reach but if you're able to source one on your own, there are Y-cables that you can purchase that can split the ZBE connection with both the controller and the touch ecu so that you can use both.

Thank you Steve.
Appreciate 0