F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Mods on F30
ARMA SPEED

11-22-2018, 01:30 PM   #23
BigJack75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Dream Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by N420i View Post
Not every bimmer has a 60k MSRP and not every BMW owner can shell out 2k (or 1k plus labor at the very minimum) for a bespoke exhaust system or 3k for OEM 18" rims... Some of us just wanted RWD uber alles and had no other decent choice but base model BMWs (particularly in europe) and then we make do with what we have.

I've read an unusual number of comments lately that read along the lines of "you are not deserving of owning a BMW if you can't afford to pay whatever extortionate amount the boutique firms are asking for X component"

Screw that, it's his car and if he wants to replace his exhaust with a toilet paper roll or a 6k$ Capristo it's his call. After all a muffler is not going to harm performance or reliability in any way unless it's a complete piece of crap, which generic mufflers can but don't have to be.

If I were the OP and was unwilling to shell out 1k for the BMW MPerf Exhaust which in my opinion is probably the best option, I'd probably visit a custom exhaust shop and ask what they can do for you. It's definately gonna be more expensive than ordering something online, but the amount of welding and tube-bending required to make something like that work is probably beyond the capabilites of the average garage toolbox...

You not only have inlet and exhaust diameters and positioning, but also hangers and how the can fits in the chassis... Doing all of this yourself can be a huge nightmare unless REALLY experienced and some welding will definately be required...
Thank you!!! I too am looking for a cheaper option for a muffler and do not understand why they cost $800++. Makes no sense to me. It seems to me that most have paid quite a bit for their bmw and think they need to spend alot to either maintain it or mod it. I am not one of those people. I buy good parts and install them myself.