F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > New amp - Audiotec Fischer's Match-Up 7BMW
Studio RSR

12-06-2018, 06:31 AM   #45
twodoor
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 30i G01 2020

Yes, it will be plug and play.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 07:24 AM   #46
zeiesfirdaus
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive 30i 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeiesfirdaus View Post
I just purchased a new Match UP 7BMW unit (with 30 day money back) from a seller on eBay. I made a low offer @700USD (lower than what was posted @850USD including expedited shipping) which was accepted, so happy with the purchase. Delivery should be in the next week, so let's see.
I am not planning to change speakers for now.
Happy to report that the I am very pleased (and not just because I have to justify the spend) with the performance of this amp with stock speakers. The sound quality, even with the basic F31 / Touring file is much improved. I tried foveon 's file as well which was great overall, but a bit high on the bass for my ears. I eventually made a few changes to the stock F31 file and am very happy with the performance. I see little value in changing the stock speakers at this point. Installation is very easy and takes about 15 minutes.

One additional note, I have the MBP pro (USB C) and bootcamp windows. I had to connect a USB A to USB C adapter to the supplied usb cable. Of course, I had to install the USB drivers which come with the DSP tool installation file.
      12-13-2018, 08:52 AM   #47
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30

I have this amp with gladen subs and Eton speakers. It works quite well
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2019, 05:08 PM   #48
kfchai
Rep
Drives: X5

i just purchased 7bmw unit. i shall receive in this 2 weeks.
i searched eton speakers, all eton speakers need to add on 100xhp crossover which around 40usd per speaker it's damm expensive , any alternative ?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #49
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfchai View Post
i just purchased 7bmw unit. i shall receive in this 2 weeks.
i searched eton speakers, all eton speakers need to add on 100xhp crossover which around 40usd per speaker it's damm expensive , any alternative ?
Not correct. The 100xhp crossover is optional for their woofer kits, not needed at all if you get an amp with crossovers like the UP 7BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #50
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Don't change speakers until you hear what the stock speakers sound like with a new amp. Contrary to what the advertising says the OEM speakers are high quality. I've yet to see any real engineering data that indicates replacement drivers are actually upgrades, from any company.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2019, 11:02 AM   #51
kfchai
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Not correct. The 100xhp crossover is optional for their woofer kits, not needed at all if you get an amp with crossovers like the UP 7BMW.
if i pair up with match up 7bmw just direct replacement the speaker , 100xhp not need ?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #52
_Tony_
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

I bought one last month.

This audio upgrade was well worth the money. I am currently running the limousine tune on my 2015 335i. It sounds great.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 10:40 AM   #53
drock19
Registered
Rep
Drives: 15' 435xi Imperial Blue

I purchased the UP 7BMW amp and am pretty pumped to get it in. I have a question in regards to installing the sound set up on the amp before installation.

I have a F36 with the HiFi Sound System (676). I am trying to install the "Limousine" setup file, which is a ".afpx" type of file. I have a mac computer. When I try to open up the file on my computer it does not recognize it. There is a prompt that pops up when trying to open it, and it tries to find a app in Apple's app store that will open this type of file but still to no avail. It seems to me that this is a file written for a PC?? I have tried googling a .afpx file and it comes up with nothing! When you do google it, the only results that show pertains to .ASPX files and not .AFPX files.

I have searched this forum and could not find any info on this specific question. I also emailed Audiotec Fischer about this but they are now closed for the weekend and I was hopping to get this puppy installed over the weekend...lol

Thank you in advance if anyone has any info on this.

Sidenote: This is my first post on Bimmerpost! This is also my first BMW and sedan I have ever owned!...lol These cars are really incredible. I have always been a truck guy, but had the need for another vehicle so I bought my first BMW last June(2018). Holy Sh*t!!!!! Sooo much fun to drive, especially coming from a 2500 Silverado with a crew cab and an 8' bed!!!....LMAO
I literally have been obsessed with this forum, it has so much great info from a great bunch of people. I have driven BMW's before but never had owned one, so I did know, albeit in a limited capacity, how much fun these cars are to drive. However, I had no idea how customizable these cars can be in both cosmetics and performance. I am not sure what qualifies someone as an "enthusiast" but I think I'm on my way...lol

One more quick question. In terms of "stages" can you skip stages. For instance, with tuning software could you just jump "Stage 1" and go straight to a "Stage 2"? And this pertains to all things that are "Stages".

I would also like to give a shout out and thank you to Billfitz and Encanto for all of the valuable information you gentlemen post here.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #54
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

The user/install manual for the amplifier can be downloaded from the Audiotech-Fischer website.

I don't know if their DSP tool for tuning runs on a Mac, take a look at their website. Regardless, you should be able to download the tune file and w/USB cable connecting amp to computer (PC or Mac), transfer the file to the UP7. You don't need to 'open' the tune file at any point nor do you need to use their tune software to transfer the file from your computer to amplifier.

Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #55
eleven11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: -F85 X5M-

Quote:
Originally Posted by drock19 View Post
I purchased the UP 7BMW amp and am pretty pumped to get it in. I have a question in regards to installing the sound set up on the amp before installation.

I have a F36 with the HiFi Sound System (676). I am trying to install the "Limousine" setup file, which is a ".afpx" type of file. I have a mac computer. When I try to open up the file on my computer it does not recognize it. There is a prompt that pops up when trying to open it, and it tries to find a app in Apple's app store that will open this type of file but still to no avail. It seems to me that this is a file written for a PC?? I have tried googling a .afpx file and it comes up with nothing! When you do google it, the only results that show pertains to .ASPX files and not .AFPX files.
Welcome to the forum.

From what I can tell from their website, you have to run their software (DSP PC Tool). This is software for PC, not Mac. You're trying to open an extension that has no means to be opened on your Mac. So, unless you can run Bootcamp (or similar), you will need to find a PC to change the profiles.
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 08:08 AM   #56
drock19
Registered
Rep
Drives: 15' 435xi Imperial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
The user/install manual for the amplifier can be downloaded from the Audiotech-Fischer website.

I don't know if their DSP tool for tuning runs on a Mac, take a look at their website. Regardless, you should be able to download the tune file and w/USB cable connecting amp to computer (PC or Mac), transfer the file to the UP7. You don't need to 'open' the tune file at any point nor do you need to use their tune software to transfer the file from your computer to amplifier.

Good luck/Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
Welcome to the forum.

From what I can tell from their website, you have to run their software (DSP PC Tool). This is software for PC, not Mac. You're trying to open an extension that has no means to be opened on your Mac. So, unless you can run Bootcamp (or similar), you will need to find a PC to change the profiles.
Thanks for the info Gents!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:20 AM   #57
kfchai
Rep

Anyone have x5 f15 tune file , i try the original from audiotec suv file, the front base is too loud.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 09:26 AM   #58
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Anyone have x5 f15 tune file , i try the original from audiotec suv file, the front base is too loud.
If you do not find a suitable tune file, the Audiotech Fischer software is pretty easy to use- turn down the base gain or if more ambitious fiddle with the cross overs, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 09:55 AM   #59
_Tony_
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drock19 View Post

I have searched this forum and could not find any info on this specific question. I also emailed Audiotec Fischer about this but they are now closed for the weekend and I was hopping to get this puppy installed over the weekend...lol

Thank you in advance if anyone has any info on this.

Sidenote: This is my first post on Bimmerpost! This is also my first BMW and sedan I have ever owned!...lol These cars are really incredible. I have always been a truck guy, but had the need for another vehicle so I bought my first BMW last June(2018). Holy Sh*t!!!!! Sooo much fun to drive, especially coming from a 2500 Silverado with a crew cab and an 8' bed!!!....LMAO
I literally have been obsessed with this forum, it has so much great info from a great bunch of people. I have driven BMW's before but never had owned one, so I did know, albeit in a limited capacity, how much fun these cars are to drive. However, I had no idea how customizable these cars can be in both cosmetics and performance. I am not sure what qualifies someone as an "enthusiast" but I think I'm on my way...lol

One more quick question. In terms of "stages" can you skip stages. For instance, with tuning software could you just jump "Stage 1" and go straight to a "Stage 2"? And this pertains to all things that are "Stages".

I would also like to give a shout out and thank you to Billfitz and Encanto for all of the valuable information you gentlemen post here.
Use a virtual machine image of windows running in a hypervisor such as virtual box

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...rtual-machines
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 08:49 PM   #60
kfchai
Rep

Quote:
If you do not find a suitable tune file, the Audiotech Fischer software is pretty easy to use- turn down the base gain or if more ambitious fiddle with the cross overs, etc.
Version 4.42 ? I m confusing too many things to tune
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 08:53 PM   #61
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Version 4.42 ? I m confusing too many things to tune
Yes. 4.42a- public beta release.
Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 07:04 AM   #62
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

I went with the default sedan (limo) tune. I figured the audio engineers know more about audio engineering than I do
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #63
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

I compared Revenant (Bavsound) specs and size with Match UP 7 and everything is identical, leading me to believe they are simply white labeling it to sell as their own. Nothing wrong with that, but it can be had cheaper when purchased as Match UP 7.

I also read that this amp should work just fine with 2 series HK as well. Can anyone confirm?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 01:24 PM   #64
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM235iEstorilBlue View Post
I compared Revenant (Bavsound) specs and size with Match UP 7 and everything is identical, leading me to believe they are simply white labeling it to sell as their own. Nothing wrong with that, but it can be had cheaper when purchased as Match UP 7.

I also read that this amp should work just fine with 2 series HK as well. Can anyone confirm?
The UP 7BMW is PnP with the HK(674) however, the 674 OEM amp is part of the CAN bus. The HiFi(676) OEM amp is not part of the CAN bus.

What this means is that in case of a dealer firmware update or diagnosis the presence of the UP 7BMW will trigger an error and no update or diagnosis can be performed, as the 674 OEM amp will be missing. Most probably this is the reason the UP 7BMW is not listed as compatible with the 674.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2019, 11:25 PM   #65
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
The UP 7BMW is PnP with the HK(674) however, the 674 OEM amp is part of the CAN bus. The HiFi(676) OEM amp is not part of the CAN bus.

What this means is that in case of a dealer firmware update or diagnosis the presence of the UP 7BMW will trigger an error and no update or diagnosis can be performed, as the 674 OEM amp will be missing. Most probably this is the reason the UP 7BMW is not listed as compatible with the 674.
Definitely appreciate the response but can't pretend I fully understand. So you're saying the Up 7BMW will work with the M235i HK system, but it might present some issues?
Are you then suggesting it isn't a good idea? Just want to be clear. You obviously know much more than I do about this upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 12:26 AM   #66
drivef30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' 340i xDrive M-Sport

Hey, so when the Revenant is released by BavSound/Bimmertech will someone be able to export THEIR tune to be used on the Match 7? Or does bavsound/bimmertech use the factory presets of AudioTec?

Asking because Im deciding if buying the Match 7 is worth it or just to pay the extra premium on the Revenant
Appreciate 0