F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Rear Seat Release
proTUNING Freaks

11-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #1
malighthill
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i GT X-Drive

Rear Seat Release

Would anyone know of any instructions on how to remove the panels to get to the rear seat release on a 328i GT X-Drive? I have an issue where the passenger side doesn't release the seat (stopped working about a week ago). This is the lever in the cargo area, not the one on the seat itself.
TIA
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 03:35 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Do you mean the package shelves? They pop right off. Look in your manual.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 05:54 AM   #3
3-GT
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by malighthill View Post
Would anyone know of any instructions on how to remove the panels to get to the rear seat release on a 328i GT X-Drive? I have an issue where the passenger side doesn't release the seat (stopped working about a week ago). This is the lever in the cargo area, not the one on the seat itself.
TIA
Is this the panel you're referring too?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 08:39 AM   #4
malighthill
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-GT View Post
I think so. Here's a photo of the release.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 12:59 PM   #5
sriramr@live.in
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328 xdrive GT 2016

I have similar issue with the lever not the seats. Does anyone had similar issue. Since today after using the cargo space I had to make the seats flat and when tried to put back the rear seats in position I am unable to. Please look at the images attached. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 01:47 PM   #6
3-GT
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Both are operated by bowden cables, so if they aren't operating by using the lever then the cable has broke or come loose. Both will require a small strip down to see what's going on.

FYI item 6 has the bowden cable already assembled to it.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=52_3853
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #7
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

There are two release levers. One lets the seat fold down, the other is for the seat back angle adjustment. If you pull the angle adjustment lever when the seat is down the spring loaded angle limiter will extend all the way, and you won't be able to get the seat to fully lean back. Pull the lever with one hand while pushing the seat back with the other to allow the seat to fully lean back.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #8
malighthill
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the part info!
How do I take the back section apart to see what part, if any, I need?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 09:56 PM   #9
Probgonnabreakit
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i GT

Garage List
I am having the exact problem with this passenger side trunk release for the seat. Lever just pulls out and stays there, releasing nothing. No tension. So I assume I'll need to take apart the seat itself since the cable (which you can reach into the opening under the level and feel) is lose in the socket and can be pulled back into the trunk area. I only pulled a little to verify it wasn't just unseated from the lever joint, for fear I would pull it far enough it would be a new issue of threading it back through.

There must be a way to disassemble the seat to get at the loose cable or the side panel itself to get in there. Or both, because I'm nothing if not unlucky.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 01:52 AM   #10
cyberio
Rep
Drives: 328i GT 2013

How bizarre

The exact same thing happened to me today. This must be a conspiracy by BMW…

Anyway I would be very grateful if somebody could shed some light on how to remove the cover of the backseat to get to that bloody cable so it can either be fixed or replaced. I spent some time backward in the back of my GT trying to figure this out but I failed to find any obvious access points?

I read online some have to remove the seat in some models? I hope this isn’t true to fix this problem but I wouldn’t be surprised if this somehow turns into a major nightmare….
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 05:54 PM   #11
Zsolt85
Rep
Drives: F34 318D B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-GT View Post
It is usefull info ! Thx
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 12:55 AM   #12
SupremeF34
I make videos for all things F34 !
Rep
Drives: ’18 F34 340i GT

Adding to this older thread. I recently did a full interior swap to install red Leather front seats, rear seats, armrest, and door cards. I filmed the entire process and show how to remove and reinstall the cables attached to the release latches for the back seats. Hope this helps.

BMW F34 GT Interior Swap Part 3
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 02:27 PM   #13
dangerus_car
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

self promoting thread. reported!
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8169.50
      08-27-2022, 02:52 PM   #14
SupremeF34
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerus_car View Post
self promoting thread. reported!
i make no money from my videos. i have no sponsors. i sell no products.

however, I do love my F34
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2022, 02:55 PM   #15
dangerus_car
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeF34 View Post

BS you are hoping to hit enough clicks then you can start advertising on youtube. Lol. Don’t fool us with getting no paid. Everyone knows what youtube is for.
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8169.50
      08-27-2022, 03:03 PM   #16
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i GT, 2007 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeF34 View Post

BS you are hoping to hit enough clicks then you can start advertising on youtube. Lol. Don’t fool us with getting no paid. Everyone knows what youtube is for.
Who hurt you?
Appreciate 1
KCee41.00
      08-27-2022, 03:04 PM   #17
SupremeF34
Rep

Quote:
yea......because the F34 forum bring SO much traffic right? lol

If my only motivation was to make money off of my car via Youtube, I would've gotten an F80, G20, G80, or Supra. That would be bringing me much more traffic, buddy. Instead, I chose to buy a very unpopular BMW...TWICE!
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2022, 04:57 PM   #18
dangerus_car
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBren View Post
Who hurt you?
lol, just go check out his posts and see if it's a spam or not. literally he post old threads with his YT video and replied to bump up post count to enable PM.

if that's not a scammer trait, then what is?

I am just trying to prevent users here getting scam or spam.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 05:32 PM   #19
SupremeF34
Rep

Quote:
lol, just go check out his posts and see if it's a spam or not. literally he post old threads with his YT video and replied to bump up post count to enable PM.

lmao stop trolling me
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 12:20 AM   #20
washufiddyfo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 340GT x-Drive

Quote:

Wait is this dude scamming, self-promoting, or both? I checked out his posts as you suggested, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get so worked up over. It looks like his very first one was a lengthy announcement saying who he is with his with a ton of what appear to be original pictures. Then he adds topical comments to a few old threads, some of which have a youtube link, which at first glance appears to relate to the discussion as well. PM status unlocked!

This is the first I've seen out of the stereotypical scammer, maybe this is a new variant. Usually they show up quietly, propping up appearances with a few low-effort comments on threads that often don't make any sense. Then they are free to troll the classifieds for WTBs, maybe DM you if you commented on another classified, and try to close the deal with a stolen pic. If we're trying to stop scammers, tell everyone that reverse image search is your friend.

Under the charge of self-promotion, it appears new user is indeed posting links to his own videos. Along the lines of checking things out, let’s look at the the youtube channel. I haven’t posted youtube content for money before but I don’t get the impression he’s raking it in off our precious clicks. All the F34-specific content really screams “here’s a guy who knows what car is getting the views, and knows he’s gonna find them on a forum where there hadn’t been a reply to a post in 11 days.” I don't come across many f34-specific videos anyways, often hoping Kies or similar have something close enough working on an f30.

So someone comes along putting up a few videos and he gets slammed for commenting on few old threads with a relevant video. I was offended by all the bold when I opened the site again. The cardinal forum sin has been committed - thou shalt not revive old threads with additional information. I don’t get this one either…the unwritten rules say we have to post new threads instead, to make it more difficult for future users to follow the conversation? What am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 10:34 AM   #21
BimmerBren
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i GT, 2007 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBren View Post
Who hurt you?

Supreme GT is one of the few bmw f34 influencers on instagram and basically the only one making f34 content on YouTube. I've know him for awhile now and he DEFINITELY has no intention to scam anyone in this forum. He genuinely makes great GT related content and is looking to help anyone in the forums. I don't understand how reviving old threads is a bad thing to do, especially when Supreme GT is adding his knowledge and expertise to the old thread. A interior swap video is literally perfect for a f34 owner looking to figure out how to the release seats. Check us both out on instagram as we're both willing to help anyone: @bimmerbren @supremef34 😂
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2023, 04:28 PM   #22
F34-dav
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i GT

With the help of SupremeF34 's video, I was able to locate the problem.

Now I just need to come up with a solution. The wire seems to be crimped to the attachment piece but this has released (poor design/solution). Will attempt to squeeze it back in and see if it can hold.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2