F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2013 F30 loud whining under acceleration
Studio RSR

04-21-2024, 07:30 PM   #1
Zabura
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i xdrive

2013 F30 loud whining under acceleration

My 2013 F30 just recently started making a loud whining noise when under harder acceleration than normal. Only when the gas is pressed can you hear it whine and when the gas is released is winds down and goes away. Doesn't make the noise at all when accelerating slowly. The sound increases in volume when accelerating harder but doesn't seem to change in pitch very much. All accessories and AC are off when testing. Also I'm not sure if it's related but I seem to have a bit of hesitation when accelerating from stop and gear changes feel a little funny. Stutters just slightly around 40mph if I stay at that speed. Been looking for anyone with the same issues that can help but had no luck. Scheduling a day to take it to the shop but for now I'm scared to drive it. Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 07:34 PM   #2
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

Possibly a failing CCV on the Valve Cover? Will get a whistling when failing/failed, at least I did. Has yours been replaced in the past.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 08:12 PM   #3
Zabura
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion4 View Post
Possibly a failing CCV on the Valve Cover? Will get a whistling when failing/failed, at least I did. Has yours been replaced in the past.
I haven't replaced it since I've had the car. Just changed the transmission a month ago and I'm pretty sure I hear my wastegate rattling now. Also seems to be some old oil buildup on my MAF and that's one of the symptoms of a bad ccv from what I've looked up. I'll look into the ccv and see what I can find and report back. Much appreciated

Just realized is that why I have black crud sputtered out of my exhaust?
Appreciate 0