F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F30 with CIC-HI Speed limit Info retrofit
Studio RSR

07-08-2020, 02:23 AM   #1
kevinb21
as long as it runs :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i/ e92 335i

F30 with CIC-HI Speed limit Info retrofit

So its been well documented that if you have a 2014+ f30 or any bmw with the extended screen on your gauge cluster and an NBT system with nav, you can remove your Gauges and install an emulator and with some basic VO coding your car will display speed limit info on the cluster using the information from the NAV maps, in most countries. The problem is that there is little to no official support for an emulator on a bmw with CIC nav. Every emulator I have seen only supports NBT, But for f30 bmws with the extended cluster and nav with the CIC-HIGH (weird basic version of nbt) I was wondering if the retrofit is possible. Here is a video of the retrofit working on a CIC-HI equipped car.

anyone have any info on if this will work? if so is there a specific emulator or will an NBT emulator work.
Appreciate 0