F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > VRSF Upgraded Downpipe
Studio RSR

11-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #23
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
VRSF claims there was a bad batch that was fixed.

Also claimed catless only smells in garage.

There are other (apparently incorrect) claims as well.

Or as you say "sugarcoated" claims.

That is what is tainting brand.

If claims that are "highly sugarcoated" and known as such by actual VRSF fan club members, then imagine what those of us with an open mind see?
Yeah agree. I had a Vrsf cp on my e90 and now use a vrsf dp and wheel spacers on my f30, all perfect fitment and great products for the money. That being said, if vrsf has slipped in production quality they should own up to that in a hurry as most people who buy performance products probably go to the forums to get real world opinions.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #24
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
I'll second that. I'm new to BMW's and am using online forums to formulate an action plan to scratch my modding itch. As far as VRSF is concerned, reviews/reports/comments seem to be 70% negative, 30% positive. That is unscientific, of course, but that is my impression and with no experience with modding BMW's under my belt, the actual user experiences carry a lot of weight. The last thing I want is to get under my car, tear it all apart then find out my new parts won't fit.
IK6SPEED4490.00
      11-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #25
Ristau
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i XDrive

It's a metal pipe. As long as it's shaped correctly there's no difference between this one or any of the other brands. Most of the hate is purely anecdotal, and considering how much cheaper they are compared to the competitors, it's no surprise that you see more feedback on that particular brand. I'm neither siding with or against anyone, but I've had nothing but a pleasant experience with VRSF. It's frustrating when i've bought things that have shown up in destroyed packaging and sometimes are even slightly de-formed (due to denting). I'm not really sure if that issue is even something that VRSF can be blamed for, as it seems to be a shipping issue (the products I've purchased have been in boxes with plenty of packing material but looked as if they were thrown against the walls of a truck for hours). Any issues I've had have been resolved with Tiago in a matter of hours.

Sure, it's anecdotal but I think personally that they get more flak than deserved.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2018, 02:26 PM   #26
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristau View Post
Sure, it's anecdotal but I think personally that they get more flak than deserved.
Ok, then, do you believe this post in this thread to be true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
You'll only smell it in a parked garage, don't worry about it
Or do you believe this post in this thread from a satisfied VRSF owner to be true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I have a VRSF. The smell is there when you stop the car and go to the trunk or are idling at a stoplight with the windows there.

Because only 1 can be true.

And considering there are a number of other members with different brands that ALL agree with the later, are you agreeing with the former?

Or did someone “highly sugarcoat” the truth to try and sell additional units instead of being straight? If that is correct, as most everyone sees it, how do they not deserve “flak” and how can one defend anything they claim when we witness claims such as these?

If this was a court of law (it’s not), the “witness” would be totally discredited after presenting false testimony.
Appreciate 1
Ristau104.00
      11-25-2018, 03:02 PM   #27
Ristau
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i XDrive

Fair point. I have their DP and the smell is definitely noticeable every once in a while with the windows down.

I ignored that part originally because while it is slightly misleading, it's not a harmful statement (IMO).
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #28
allblackcoupe
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive Coupe

CEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Glob View Post
Hey forum, im about to purchase and install a VRSF downpipe in my 435xi msport and im wondering if theres anything I should know prior to and after i install the downpipe, and tips or tricks that i need too know! I will be getting this —>
http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-ceramic...2-f33-f88.html

Let me know what you think!
You will probably get a CEL
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2018, 07:39 PM   #29
Dr_Glob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by allblackcoupe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Glob View Post
Hey forum, im about to purchase and install a VRSF downpipe in my 435xi msport and im wondering if theres anything I should know prior to and after i install the downpipe, and tips or tricks that i need too know! I will be getting this —>
http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-ceramic...2-f33-f88.html

Let me know what you think!
You will probably get a CEL
Not too worried, the downpipe im gettin comes with a CEL delete fix
Appreciate 0