F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Broke my female connector brake pad sensor
GetBMWParts

09-24-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
4bangaturbo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i N26 M Sport

Broke my female connector brake pad sensor

so i accidentally snapped my female socket (chassis side) where you plug in your rear break pad sensor and now my brake light wont reset. Probably due to not having a good connection. anyone know of a replacement part # for that connector or what i should do to fix it?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

I dont see any identifiable single component at Realoem in the brake section. ( https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...BMW-328i&mg=61 ) I suspect it falls under the vehicle electrical system subset, but again no single component found. The dealer may be able to identify the plug needed and might be able to source it, but they may only provide it as part of harness. You might be able to source it from a salvage yard with the proper year and model, and replace the broken one with that parts. Would probably require cutting, rewiring/soldering the replacement.
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8243.00
      09-26-2019, 05:38 PM   #3
4bangaturbo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i N26 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion4 View Post
I dont see any identifiable single component at Realoem in the brake section. ( https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...BMW-328i&mg=61 ) I suspect it falls under the vehicle electrical system subset, but again no single component found. The dealer may be able to identify the plug needed and might be able to source it, but they may only provide it as part of harness. You might be able to source it from a salvage yard with the proper year and model, and replace the broken one with that parts. Would probably require cutting, rewiring/soldering the replacement.
got it, thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0