F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > XHP and shiftpoints
proTUNING Freaks

07-20-2019, 07:47 PM   #1
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F33 435d

XHP and shiftpoints

Hello all!

I installed XHP to my 435d a few days ago and was patiently waiting for the 50 miles of learning to finish. The gear changes feel faster and D mode is useful now.

I can see that the car when in S mode it shifts above 5k RPM. My car is still stock and I feel like it is revving too high. Has anybody played with the shiftpoints? Maybe it can be improved. I think stage 3 that I am using is more for mapped cars, so maybe that is why it seems like the WOT shiftpoints are off for my stock car.

Also, has anybody tinkered with the launch control? I am a bit afraid I am going to break something with the x drive, but I think it can help a lot with the acceleration, since with the x drive there is a lot of traction to play with.

Overall I am quite happy with it and it gives more life to the car The main reasons I got it is to remove the torque limiters and to disable the torque converter (earlier at least).
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #2
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Shift points above 5k are not optimum for your car. Try stage 2 instead?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 09:29 PM   #3
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F33 435d

Reading the description on their website, I feel like stage 3 is what I want. But probably need to lower the shiftpoints until I get a remap. What do you think?

435d xDrive Cabriolet Stage 1
- Gear Display in all modes
- Removed Torque Limiters

435d xDrive Cabriolet Stage 2
- Torque Limiter removed
- Quicker, yet still comfortable shifts in D/Comfort
- Revised, more Driver-Oriented Shift-Points in D/Comfort
- Raised Launch-Control Shiftpoints for Tuned Cars
- DTC and DSC-OFF modes no longer revert to Comfort-Shifting, but activate the fastest Shift-Speeds and the transmission won't upshift at redline in Manual. This is perfect for playing around with your car.
- Retains full ECO-Pro functionality

435d xDrive Cabriolet Stage 3
- Factory Torque Limiter removed. This enables your Tuner to setup his engine tune correctly and prolong your transmissions life!
- Raised Line Pressure for very High-Torque applications
- Quicker, yet still comfortable shifts in D/Comfort
- Even faster and harder shifts in Sport and Sport+
- Revised S-Shiftmaps to make it actually useful for spirited driving
- Revised, more Driver-Oriented Shift-Points in D/Comfort
- Torque Converter slip minimized in lower Gears
- Raised Launch-Control Shiftpoints for Tuned Cars
- DTC and DSC-OFF modes no longer revert to Comfort-Shifting, but activate the fastest Shift-Speeds and the transmission won't upshift at redline in Manual. This is perfect for playing around with your car.
- Retains full ECO-Pro functionality
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 03:28 AM   #4
The Flasher
Rep
Drives: 340i

Hi fantanas

I've been running xhp for a few weeks now and think it's fantastic. It's totally changed the feel of the car for the better and is really easy to use. I'd certainly recommend it for B58 owners based on my experience.

After trying the flashes I've settled on Stage 2 as the best for me. When you have the chance to use Sport it's brilliant. I have found though that the up-shifting is a bit aggressive in D in the lower gears in day to day driving so I have used the shift point editor to calm them down a bit and it's worked very well. It's great how quickly you can change settings to try them.

A tip on using the editor as it wasn't 100% obvious to me from the documentation. You make the changes you want in the app, save them (the app checks you haven't done anything stupid) and then re-flash your map.

So I would say have a play with the editor - just be organised enough to keep a note of what you're trying for reference.
Appreciate 1
Watsey6406.50
      08-31-2019, 05:02 PM   #5
expl0de
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 320d and e92 320i

Is it possible to tune the stock map with different shift points?
Will the app read them and let you adjust, or is it possible only with their maps?
Appreciate 0