F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 340i SA Tail Lighting Stumpper
ARMA SPEED

09-05-2021, 07:42 PM   #1
FlaF30Fan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i

F30 340i SA Tail Lighting Stumpper

Hello all,

I am a new member but a longtime BMW fan and owner. Just recently I purchased a 2018 340i CPO. Very low miles and one owner car. Very clean with all the options on a luxury line. Full LED light package. One thing that I noticed while washing the car the other day is one of the trunk mounted tail lights, passenger side rear is amber/yellow? The rest of the signal on that side is red, just the trunk part is amber/yellow on the passenger side. All LED. I’ve had one other F30 a 2016 328 with the lighting package LED but it did not have this quark? The light cover is red all across the rear and only when inspecting this did I notice that when I saw the yellow LED did I notice it was slightly lighter pink in color compared to the left side.

I have searched google high and low to see if this was by design or possibly a mistake during production? The Build of the 3 series was S. Africa and wasn’t sure if this was how they build their cars or if this was a design for this year? It really has me stumped. The light shows no sign of being tampered with or after market part put on. There was no accident or damage to the car.

My apologies for dragging this out but I was trying to be as concise as possible so maybe someone out there with more knowledge than me might be able to help? There’s nothing wrong with the way the light works in breaking, turn signal, hazards or notifications when alarming or opening the trunk. It’s more my ocd that it’s not the same as I am use to.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided. The car is still under factory warranty and I’m tempted having this replaced so it’s all the same.

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 02:15 PM   #2
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaF30Fan View Post
Hello all,

I am a new member but a longtime BMW fan and owner. Just recently I purchased a 2018 340i CPO. Very low miles and one owner car. Very clean with all the options on a luxury line. Full LED light package. One thing that I noticed while washing the car the other day is one of the trunk mounted tail lights, passenger side rear is amber/yellow? The rest of the signal on that side is red, just the trunk part is amber/yellow on the passenger side. All LED. I’ve had one other F30 a 2016 328 with the lighting package LED but it did not have this quark? The light cover is red all across the rear and only when inspecting this did I notice that when I saw the yellow LED did I notice it was slightly lighter pink in color compared to the left side.

I have searched google high and low to see if this was by design or possibly a mistake during production? The Build of the 3 series was S. Africa and wasn’t sure if this was how they build their cars or if this was a design for this year? It really has me stumped. The light shows no sign of being tampered with or after market part put on. There was no accident or damage to the car.

My apologies for dragging this out but I was trying to be as concise as possible so maybe someone out there with more knowledge than me might be able to help? There’s nothing wrong with the way the light works in breaking, turn signal, hazards or notifications when alarming or opening the trunk. It’s more my ocd that it’s not the same as I am use to.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided. The car is still under factory warranty and I’m tempted having this replaced so it’s all the same.

Thanks again
You've got a European part by mistake. Hence why it's yellow!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 06:50 AM   #3
FlaF30Fan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i

Thank you for confirming what I thought.
Appreciate 0