F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N47 stage 3 tune DPF/SCR delete
Studio RSR

09-08-2021, 12:22 PM   #1
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

N47 stage 3 tune DPF/SCR delete

Haven't been out of the loop for some time and back to show some love.

Been wanting to do the stage 3 tune to my F31 N47. I currently have stage 2 with tunemyeuro/aarodrodriguez, but wanting to do stage 3 since my ERG keep my engine light on.

I know they have the DPF on a few sites to include tune. BUT has anyone just cleared out the internals of the factory and rolled with it?

Has anyone bought the one off eBay for $200 bucks? I was considering that as option 2 and see how much an exhaust shop would make the rest of the piping for. Anyone done this before?

I just feel I can outsource different ways instead of forking up 800+ for the same thing. Looking at it is really only cutting a section and putting pipes OR clearing cans factory out. Just looking to see of anyones done this.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 08:41 PM   #2
Morrob95
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D

I'm running the stage 3 from tunemyeuro. Bought their eco package. Make sure you unplug the scr or you'll keep your light on but you can always just buy their tune/any tune and leave your egr on the car. When they code it off, it just stays closed. If I did it again, I'd just take it to an exhaust shop and have them fit up a pipe. The buzzkin is way overpriced. With the eco package though you also get the tuner which doubles as a code reader which is nice. I've been running stage 3 since 40k miles. I'm now at 141k.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 04:58 AM   #3
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrob95 View Post
I'm running the stage 3 from tunemyeuro. Bought their eco package. Make sure you unplug the scr or you'll keep your light on but you can always just buy their tune/any tune and leave your egr on the car. When they code it off, it just stays closed. If I did it again, I'd just take it to an exhaust shop and have them fit up a pipe. The buzzkin is way overpriced. With the eco package though you also get the tuner which doubles as a code reader which is nice. I've been running stage 3 since 40k miles. I'm now at 141k.
I saw that package and was wondering if they'll give me the Same price. They didn't have it years back when I got the 2. And that's exactly why I wanted to get others input I feel the exhaust system is over priced.

For the tune is the dpf removal needed? If so what connects after the dpf? I saw a posting or website saying the dpf hooks to the stock exhaust you don't need anything after that. I haven't looked under yet. But want to get ordering soon while my def is about to run out.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 12:22 AM   #4
gerdasmi
Rep
Drives: BMW F11

What does Stage 3 involve replacing?
Appreciate 0