F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > LED Fogs + 50w Brake LEDs
proTUNING Freaks

06-10-2015, 04:00 PM   #23
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
yes, I remember having Aramex acount much easier. I found on their site 50w is highest in rear but front can go as high as 80w, so I will pull trigger on 80 I just hope I don't get any errors.

what about fog light, I have this 5800k by gp thunder they look good but aren't brighter than stock should I go LED to get brighter or get more watt bulb ?!
If you need the fogs to help you avoid potholes like I do, I would go with LED no doubt. However, you do need to find a solution to the glare if the LED's are too strong or aimed improperly. Don't use a stronger halogen bulb, that would lead to more draw and depending on the type could damage the housing + wires.
      06-11-2015, 05:18 AM   #24
Liamcs
Spain
Rep
Drives: F30 318d Automatic

Thank you for your information Nickhelou!

So if I understand you:

I can replace the bulbs for LED (Fog, Brake, Front Direcction and Back Direcction) and I need to code some lines in order to work properly.

Does it mean that the CAR won't give me error in ligths?
Is this because of coding lines or because the LED Ligths come with CANBUS Resistor. Or Both?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 07:15 AM   #25
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamcs View Post
Thank you for your information Nickhelou!

So if I understand you:

I can replace the bulbs for LED (Fog, Brake, Front Direcction and Back Direcction) and I need to code some lines in order to work properly.

Does it mean that the CAR won't give me error in ligths?
Is this because of coding lines or because the LED Ligths come with CANBUS Resistor. Or Both?

Thank you!
Hey man,

Some of the bulbs won't give you any errors whatsoever, in my case, the only error I got was for my brake lights, given that they are not as big as the other bulb models, they aren't too canbus friendly. Simply coding the light checks off solved this problem. My other lights however, didn't throw any errors whatsoever, but I still did the coding for them as should you to prevent them from randomly flickering while driving and while starting up. The LED fog lights I got also gave me no errors whatsoever, however I also did the coding for them for the same reasons. If you are to buy the LED fog lights though, make sure to get the Canbus cable for them from Horizon, without the cable my lights would some time turn on and sometimes wouldn't, and that was due to the car adjusting it's voltage output to the lights. The Canbus cable worked it all out. I suggest you contact HorizonLED's customer care for more info on the Canbus cable, for I am not 100% sure which one they sent me.
      06-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #26
Liamcs
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhelou View Post
Hey man,

Some of the bulbs won't give you any errors whatsoever, in my case, the only error I got was for my brake lights, given that they are not as big as the other bulb models, they aren't too canbus friendly. Simply coding the light checks off solved this problem. My other lights however, didn't throw any errors whatsoever, but I still did the coding for them as should you to prevent them from randomly flickering while driving and while starting up. The LED fog lights I got also gave me no errors whatsoever, however I also did the coding for them for the same reasons. If you are to buy the LED fog lights though, make sure to get the Canbus cable for them from Horizon, without the cable my lights would some time turn on and sometimes wouldn't, and that was due to the car adjusting it's voltage output to the lights. The Canbus cable worked it all out. I suggest you contact HorizonLED's customer care for more info on the Canbus cable, for I am not 100% sure which one they sent me.
Thank you Nickhelou!!

My H8 CREE LED - 50W from HorizonLED are coming!!
I'll e-mail them to ask about the cable too! thank you!!!

For my direcction LEDs I am looking in Aliexpress or similar, cause the price is a little bit high in HorizonLED.

Meanwhile stock ones goes not-bad.

Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #27
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you Nickhelou!!

My H8 CREE LED - 50W from HorizonLED are coming!!
I'll e-mail them to ask about the cable too! thank you!!!

For my direcction LEDs I am looking in Aliexpress or similar, cause the price is a little bit high in HorizonLED.

Meanwhile stock ones goes not-bad.

Keep me posted!
      06-11-2015, 10:28 AM   #28
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Thanks a lot man for info.. just wondering what their fog is 4300k or 6000 k ?!
      06-11-2015, 01:35 PM   #29
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks a lot man for info.. just wondering what their fog is 4300k or 6000 k ?!
6000k. "Pure White"
      06-12-2015, 02:31 AM   #30
Liamcs
Spain
Rep

Extra information for H8 Cree Leds from HORIZON: (CANBUS)

If you are having any issues with your LED/Fog Light conversion(s) such as the below then this is the kit for you: -
CANBUS Dash Error/Warning - most European cars are fitted with CANBUS systems, which warn you of bulb errors.
Hyper Flash - normally relevant to LED indicator conversions and in some cases other LEDs too, though it can occur on HID conversions too.
One Bulb Out - one side of bulb is not functioning.

Horizon recomends to buy this CANBUS resistors :

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/led-acc...ning-canceller
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #31
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Extra information for H8 Cree Leds from HORIZON: (CANBUS)

If you are having any issues with your LED/Fog Light conversion(s) such as the below then this is the kit for you: -
CANBUS Dash Error/Warning - most European cars are fitted with CANBUS systems, which warn you of bulb errors.
Hyper Flash - normally relevant to LED indicator conversions and in some cases other LEDs too, though it can occur on HID conversions too.
One Bulb Out - one side of bulb is not functioning.

Horizon recomends to buy this CANBUS resistors :

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/led-acc...ning-canceller
BTW, they don't come looking like this, they come better made and packaged. Like real high quality stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of mine, but Zain did once send me a picture of it so I know what it is. Here it is

06-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #32
rustyminded
Major
Rep

My friend have the base halogen bulbs and he wants to upgrade to brighter white or xenon bulbs, do you think Horizon would have that for his F30 ?!
      06-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #33
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My friend have the base halogen bulbs and he wants to upgrade to brighter white or xenon bulbs, do you think Horizon would have that for his F30 ?!
Halogen to Xenon bulbs are not supplied by Horizon. Let him go with LED over Xenon though, it's the future of car lighting alongside Laser lighting. If he doesn't want LEDs on his car, he can get a tinted Halogen bulb (Not recommended though), but for the pure white look, go with LEDs.
      06-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #34
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Halogen to Xenon bulbs are not supplied by Horizon. Let him go with LED over Xenon though, it's the future of car lighting alongside Laser lighting. If he doesn't want LEDs on his car, he can get a tinted Halogen bulb (Not recommended though), but for the pure white look, go with LEDs.
can you give links please for bulbs size h7 i thimk and does it need coding ?!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 01:36 PM   #35
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey man,

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterio...ghts-headlamps

If we are talking BMW, then maybe (not too sure), but my H8 Fogs only needed the cold/warm checks coded, and did not give any errors. My friend's 2015 Volvo V40 has H7 bulbs, he swapped them to 3200lm HorizonLed bulbs and got no errors despite having an extremely sensitive canbus system.
      06-15-2015, 04:31 AM   #36
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
One more thing, on BMW's you need to get the Canbus cable I previously mentioned, to prevent having one bulb turn on/off... Other cars also require it, other's don't. Depends how sensitive the Canbus system is
      06-17-2015, 01:13 AM   #37
Jus71n
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Sport F30 2013

I did my fronts yeaterday, indicators, fogs & gen 3 LED headlamps, all went well and coded checks out, will report back once had chance to try out in the dark (if looks ok will do main beam also) love the way the light is instant & bright

Waiting for rears to turn up as there was a stocking mistake at Horizon, hopefully they will be here this week.
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2015, 03:33 AM   #38
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus71n View Post
I did my fronts yeaterday, indicators, fogs & gen 3 LED headlamps, all went well and coded checks out, will report back once had chance to try out in the dark (if looks ok will do main beam also) love the way the light is instant & bright

Waiting for rears to turn up as there was a stocking mistake at Horizon, hopefully they will be here this week.
The rear lights are going to be look amazing. Congrats
      06-17-2015, 06:35 AM   #39
Jus71n
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The rear lights are going to be look amazing. Congrats
It's weird I changed my whole house to LED lighting to save money, but don't really like the look of them in the house.

I'm changing my cars to LED's that will save nothing, but look great.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 06:39 AM   #40
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's weird I changed my whole house to LED lighting to save money, but don't really like the look of them in the house.

I'm changing my cars to LED's that will save nothing, but look great.
Haha, welcome to the automotive mod world
      06-18-2015, 12:55 AM   #41
Jus71n
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haha, welcome to the automotive mod world
Hey,

What lights are you using for DRL & Sidelights at the front?

Jud
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 01:29 AM   #42
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey,

What lights are you using for DRL & Sidelights at the front?

Jud
Hey, I have a 4 series, which come with Xenon as standard, so no DRL besides the Halos, and no sidelight too
      06-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #43
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Any updates with Horizon?
      06-25-2015, 12:46 AM   #44
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
As for the coding, some might give an error, some might not. Both ways you have to code them.

Brake Lights:
REM / 3061 / BR_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG from Aktiv to Nicht Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG from Aktiv to Nicht Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_L_IS_LED from Nicht Aktiv to Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG from Aktiv to Nicht Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG from Aktiv to Nicht Aktiv
REM / 3061 / BR_R_IS_LED from Nicht Aktiv to Aktiv
Strange, so last night I finally installed my Horizon 50W red brake lights but using your coding above I could not see:

REM / 3061 / BR_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG

The closest thing I could find was:

REM / 3061 / BL_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG

I coded BL_L_..... and the bulb checks/flicker have gone.
Appreciate 0