F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
proTUNING Freaks

03-31-2020, 05:11 PM   #441
Brett530
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F30 340i

I wanted to report a heart-stopping experience I had using MG Flasher.

I'm always super careful when I do flash updates. I turn off everything, airplane mode, make sure not to touch the cable or phone, plug in the seat belt, shallow breathing, etc.
This last time, I was doing a major update that I didn't realize was going to take as long as it did.

About 20% into the flashing, I had need to exit the car. Trying to be as smooth as I could, I was almost out. As I pulled my leg out of the car I hooked the flash cable with my foot and pulled the OBD-II connector right out of the dash!! Mid-flash! My heart stopped as I tried to not think about how I had just bricked my car.

After reconnecting the cable, I restarted the flash and got an error. Ok, suspending all panic and fears.. don't think about the possibilities, re-connected, starting from scratch, MG Flasher recognized the bad state; that was a good sign. The software went on to do a recovery and then restarted the flash. Flash completed successfully!

Thanks Jarek for taking the time to make a product more intelligent than some of its users.
WolfGTI251.00
vcx12.00

04-16-2020, 08:48 PM   #442
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

BMW G Series On-The-Fly Max Cooling and Burbles Update

MG Flasher update v212

Following up on our previous update for F series, MG Flasher now presents G series Max Cooling On-The-Fly and adjustable Burbles On-The-Fly! With a simple button combination sequence, you can enable these options without re-flashing the car!

A few other items were added or changed to improve user experience including:
- Free access for ALL users to reading ECU info or DTCs, clearing DTCs, reset ECU and to reset adaptation
- Logger no longer disables Bluetooth, could be used in conjunction with Dragy!
- In App user account registration
- Automatic feedback/support request added in App. Useful when connected car is not supported user can send more detailed information about their cars along with contact information to our support team
- Vmax (speed limiter) bug fix for certain models
- Loading screen will no longer block prompt for Custom Code update confirmation

Look out for Switchable Maps On-The-Fly along with support for newer ECUs soon!

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 07-10-2020 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 3
vcx12.00
kern4172955.50

04-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #443
henkherrie
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2016 M140i

I see that version 2.8 of the flash is out. Is there anywhere I can check out the changelog?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 01:45 AM   #444
Zendo
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Hi i was wondering if it is possible to flash from a windows computer?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #445
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendo View Post
Hi i was wondering if it is possible to flash from a windows computer?
MG Flasher is designed to be used with Android and iOS.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #446
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkherrie View Post
I see that version 2.8 of the flash is out. Is there anywhere I can check out the changelog?
There are more updates coming in the following days. These include:
• Lowered boost with improved control
• Improved load control
• Improved ignition timing
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #447
Gzd97lude
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive

Any deals on pricing trying to decide to go mg flasher or bm3
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 05:10 AM   #448
Maxfusion
Rep
Drives: 320I XDrive

I caught a wild glitch right now - I definitely need to report it. On a warm car, stood right side on a low curb, the slope is 5-7 degrees. Starts up and immediately stalls, started only with a pedal. I got up exactly - all the rules. Under a bias - it stalls again. There are no errors on rheingold. Firmware for 98th, heating of the cat is disabled.
The feeling that you need to slightly increase the starting speed, by 50-70 rpm.
p.s. 320I B48 with stock exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 06:23 AM   #449
InstigatorX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfusion View Post
I caught a wild glitch right now - I definitely need to report it. On a warm car, stood right side on a low curb, the slope is 5-7 degrees. Starts up and immediately stalls, started only with a pedal. I got up exactly - all the rules. Under a bias - it stalls again. There are no errors on rheingold. Firmware for 98th, heating of the cat is disabled.
The feeling that you need to slightly increase the starting speed, by 50-70 rpm.
Did you send them an email?

support@mgflasher.com

That's best way to get a quick response.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2020, 07:11 AM   #450
Maxfusion
Rep
Drives: 320I XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstigatorX View Post
Did you send them an email?

support@mgflasher.com

That's best way to get a quick response.
Just now)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 10:35 AM   #451
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfusion View Post
Hi, just sent you a email response. Thank you for letting us know! For anyone else experiencing this problem, we're working on a solution and will release a patch shortly.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 10:37 AM   #452
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher - BMW Tuning App - User Experience Update ver. 225

Tuning your BMW should not have to be difficult; we focus on MG Flasher user experience at every opportunity. To help those with slower internet connections, we reduced the size of our OTS maps files by over 98%; downloading a map update is very fast now. We have also improved the synchronization of user/car info by removing the extra loading on each MY CAR page entry. Speed of purchase redemption is much faster too with the added benefit of a separate page called SYNC CAR where you can sync your licenses and OTS maps from all your devices (Android, iOS). Dealers will find the online shop now shows licenses linked to customer vehicles. Finally, the way we show available maps for each stage has been placed on the new AVAILABLE STAGE VERSIONS page. Current version and release date are indicated on screen when you are choosing between 91oct/95ron and 93oct/98ron maps. Furthermore, you can expand specific items to read what was changed in each release. Together with a few other technical improvements the overall speed has increased across the entire app.

The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 07-10-2020 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 02:43 PM   #453
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher ENET Wi-Fi adapter for BMW F & G Series and Toyota Supra (J29)

Introducing MG Flasher's brand new ENET Wi-Fi adapter. Hassle free flashing with ENET Wi-Fi provides speeds 10x faster than K+DCAN and the convenience of wireless connectivity. Simply plug it into the OBDII port, connect to the new Wi-Fi hotspot on your mobile device and flash OTS map in just 20 seconds (first ECU unlock in 4 minutes)! You can also log your vehicle and read/clear DTC codes without additional finicky cables or USB adapters getting in your way. These adapters are also compatible with any other app that uses ENET connectivity.

Get it from Authorized Dealers or our shop: https://shop.mgflasher.com/enet-wifi-adapter

The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 07-10-2020 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0