F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

09-10-2021, 01:03 PM   #8691
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAF12 View Post
Can't? Even very old phones do wireless AA/Carplay. In Android 10 they needed the right developer settings in menu if it does't work out of the box.
Wireless android auto is known to be pretty laggy with the MMI unit on older phones. Hell, my pixel 3 xl is laggy as hell with wireless AA.

Why are you seemingly so against alternatives to a 12v socket charger?
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #8692
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Wireless android auto is known to be pretty laggy with the MMI unit on older phones. Hell, my pixel 3 xl is laggy as hell with wireless AA.

Why are you seemingly so against alternatives to a 12v socket charger?
I promote only QC adapters for cars.

Last edited by RAAF12; 09-10-2021 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #8693
caroga
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Hi everyone. Sorry for asking this as this probably is covered within 390+ pages between my post and the first page but I cannot find the reason behind wanting to upload this firmware to the MMI box.

Is it because the MMI box is by default delivered with outdated firmware?
Is it because the above + the MMI box not being able to update itself?
Are there any specific fixes relevant for user experience?
Does it improve stability and/or adds support for more devices?

I am asking as I just now became the lucky owner of a newly delivered MMI box from Andream and I want to plan on installing this device in my F30. I would like to know if I really would benefit from a firmware update. So also, should I update or not?

Also, I am having trouble identifying the device I have. I assume I actually would need to open the box in order to fully do so? I ordered the Andream unit, and it came with a sticker on the side with a ENB2101 number on it. Not the identifiers as mention in the first post.

Again, sorry for asking all this. I really tried finding this information on the front page but I couldn't. Browsing through 300+ pages isn't helpful either.

Many thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #8694
whoslooking
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i GC

I have just fitted my mmi unit from droid UK into my F36 2019

Install was easy enough once AUX was coded with Bimmercode all worked as it should with carplay

No cable or interface is needed for audio or mic even though they supply a usb audio interface cable.

Wired AA has to be fully setup before you can setup wireless AA.

Whats important when setting up the WiFi connection search for it, connect to it, but when it tells you there is no internet connection just close it do not answer the question.
Now unplug the usb and restart the mmi unit and the car and leave it for 10 minutes, when you next start the car AA wireless will auto connect and still have internet access.

Working perfectly with Huawei P30 pro with no lag at all and internet radio and Waze.

Last edited by whoslooking; 09-11-2021 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 07:27 AM   #8695
danpatel90
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoslooking View Post

Install was easy enough once AUX was coded with Bimmercode all worked as it should with carplay

No cable or interface is needed for audio or mic even though they supply a usb audio interface cable.

Whats important when setting up the WiFi connection search for it, connect to it, but when it tells you there is no internet connection just close it do not answer the question.
Now unplug the usb and restart the mmi unit and the car and leave it for 10 minutes, when you next start the car AA wireless will auto connect and still have internet access.

Working perfectly with Huawei P30 pro with no lag at all and internet radio and Waze.
Hi,

I am struggling to get mine up and running. I get the wired android auto working but then phone calls go through my phone, not through bluetooth... i have been unsuccessful in getting the wireless android auto working at all. I have 2016 f10 with cic.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #8696
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroga View Post
Hi everyone. Sorry for asking this as this probably is covered within 390+ pages between my post and the first page but I cannot find the reason behind wanting to upload this firmware to the MMI box.

Is it because the MMI box is by default delivered with outdated firmware?
Is it because the above + the MMI box not being able to update itself?
Are there any specific fixes relevant for user experience?
Does it improve stability and/or adds support for more devices?

I am asking as I just now became the lucky owner of a newly delivered MMI box from Andream and I want to plan on installing this device in my F30. I would like to know if I really would benefit from a firmware update. So also, should I update or not?

Also, I am having trouble identifying the device I have. I assume I actually would need to open the box in order to fully do so? I ordered the Andream unit, and it came with a sticker on the side with a ENB2101 number on it. Not the identifiers as mention in the first post.

Again, sorry for asking all this. I really tried finding this information on the front page but I couldn't. Browsing through 300+ pages isn't helpful either.

Many thanks in advance!
Once you install the unit and can view the installed sw version you will be able to confirm which unit you have. And there may be no need to update the sw if it is up to date and everything works.

Updates were important when most of these units had bugs or were missing key features. But those issues have been resolved.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #8697
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpatel90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoslooking View Post

Hi,

I am struggling to get mine up and running. I get the wired android auto working but then phone calls go through my phone, not through bluetooth... i have been unsuccessful in getting the wireless android auto working at all. I have 2016 f10 with cic.

If its a 2016 F10, then it technically has an NBT or an NBT EVO system....cic was retired sometime in 2013, I think....maybe I'm wrong about the date, but I digress...I have a 2016 F36 with an NBT (no navigation) but with Harmon Kardon, and it works perfectly...

You need to set the MMI unit to use car's bluetooth, and connect your actual phone to idrive system wirelessly, if you have Harmon Kardon, connect BOTH music and phone to make calls.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #8698
caroga
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Once you install the unit and can view the installed sw version you will be able to confirm which unit you have. And there may be no need to update the sw if it is up to date and everything works. But those have mostly been resolved now.

Updates were important when most of these units had bugs or were missing key features. But those issues have been resolved.
Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly the device could be delivered with more up-to-date firmware and should have no need to update?
I'll check tomorrow when I will try to install it in my F30.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 06:10 PM   #8699
gbak02
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

just installed mmi at my m135i , i observed google maps only at split screen with spotify , any chance of full screen google maps , screen is 8.8''
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 06:29 PM   #8700
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbak02 View Post
just installed mmi at my m135i , i observed google maps only at split screen with spotify , any chance of full screen google maps , screen is 8.8''

If its android auto, unfortunately no, unless you downgrade the android auto app in your phone, but be vary wary of doing that, it WILL introduce several issues that have been resolved by the version that you currently have...My suggestion is to live with it until Google patches Android Auto again...
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 09:20 PM   #8701
gbak02
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
If its android auto, unfortunately no, unless you downgrade the android auto app in your phone, but be vary wary of doing that, it WILL introduce several issues that have been resolved by the version that you currently have...My suggestion is to live with it until Google patches Android Auto again...
oh thanks mate, yes it is android auto unfortunately.. i prefer the maps full screen at 8.8'' .

or maybe its time to change phone , and get iPhone as the carplay it looks better and is got full screen google maps .
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 03:11 AM   #8702
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbak02 View Post
Quote:
oh thanks mate, yes it is android auto unfortunately.. i prefer the maps full screen at 8.8'' .

or maybe its time to change phone , and get iPhone as the carplay it looks better and is got full screen google maps .

Not too sure about that, apparently carplay has its own issues as well. Google maps WILL work with full screen in the 8.8, when Google eventually provides a patch for that one...it will probably introduce the Split screen of the android version...
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 05:18 AM   #8703
DuncanC123
Rep
Drives: BMW f36 435D

BimmerCode Bimmerlink

Hi

I’ve just installed the mmi unit (andream from codeyourbeemer) but I can’t get BimmerCode to work any more. It says it can’t read the modules. Any ideas?

Also I stupidly reattached the battery to test the unit before reassembling the car and tripped the passenger restraint error. The key to turn the airbag on/off was disconnected at the time. Anyone know if you can reset that with BimmerCode or if not does bimmerlink work for srs errors?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 05:51 AM   #8704
malcbo
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i xDrive ST2

Quote:
If its a 2016 F10, then it technically has an NBT or an NBT EVO system....cic was retired sometime in 2013, I think....maybe I'm wrong about the date, but I digress...I have a 2016 F36 with an NBT (no navigation) but with Harmon Kardon, and it works perfectly...

You need to set the MMI unit to use car's bluetooth, and connect your actual phone to idrive system wirelessly, if you have Harmon Kardon, connect BOTH music and phone to make calls.
Hi,

I have an NBT (HK) with professional navigation.
What are the steps you took for this?
To connect to CarPlay wirelessly on the initial setup, one first needs to connect the iPhone to MMI via Bluetooth.
Do you then forget that Bluetooth connection (MMI’s) and then pair with the iDrive’s Bluetooth?
      09-12-2021, 06:51 AM   #8705
gbak02
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not too sure about that, apparently carplay has its own issues as well. Google maps WILL work with full screen in the 8.8, when Google eventually provides a patch for that one...it will probably introduce the Split screen of the android version...
i cant understand the developers , it should be a split screen on/off option and that's it , ok i will wait update cause iphone not my best thing .
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 11:50 AM   #8706
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanC123 View Post
Hi

I’ve just installed the mmi unit (andream from codeyourbeemer) but I can’t get BimmerCode to work any more. It says it can’t read the modules. Any ideas?

Also I stupidly reattached the battery to test the unit before reassembling the car and tripped the passenger restraint error. The key to turn the airbag on/off was disconnected at the time. Anyone know if you can reset that with BimmerCode or if not does bimmerlink work for srs errors?

Thanks
You may need to update the mcu in order to be able to code the HU with Bimmercode. Make sure that you use the one for your specific unit.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 02:33 AM   #8707
DuncanC123
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
You may need to update the mcu in order to be able to code the HU with Bimmercode. Make sure that you use the one for your specific unit.
My system info is attached, does that need an update? (And can you please confirm it is an andream b2 unit before I brick it)

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 05:16 AM   #8708
random_flasher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F56

Same here, last units prevent coding with bimmercode or carly, andream have not solution for now, this is really annoying !
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 05:30 AM   #8709
DuncanC123
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
Same here, last units prevent coding with bimmercode or carly, andream have not solution for now, this is really annoying !
That is a real pain!
Is it possible to downgrade?
Do you know if it is the MCU or software version which is not playing ball with Bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 06:04 AM   #8710
eltech
Private
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Weird. I have almost the same now. And Bimmerkode encodes the car perfectly.
Here is a screenshot from the phone with AA connected (there is an icon in the status bar at the top) and Bimmercode has read all the blocks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 06:28 AM   #8711
DuncanC123
Rep

You are on v1.5.9 and im on v1.5.6, so im getting the latest one to see if that fixes it.

Im not holdin out much hope though because i would guess it is more likely to be the older MCU version you are using which allows bimmercode to work.

Do you know if it is possible to downgrade the MCU?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 06:47 AM   #8712
DuncanC123
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanC123 View Post
Hi

Thanks
To answer my own question, I downloaded Bimmerlink and it picked up the airbag error plus i was able to clear it
Hope that helps if anyone else unfortunately has the same issue.
Appreciate 0