F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 Projector Angel Eye Headlights!
GetBMWParts

04-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #1695
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsen94 View Post
Yh tried that doesnt work. Someone’s successfully got them to work. Apparently i need to cut two wires (DRL and some diode) in my wiring loom and depos work perfect. So will give that a go. Not sure how easy it will be to run the stock setup again IF I ever need to
That'd be an easy fix! Solder it and electrical tape.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 10:39 PM   #1696
00e46sedan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16’ F13 640i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00e46sedan View Post
I finished installing mine everything works perfect and noticed the same dim as you describe when I turn on the low beam. Doesn't bug me but ill check and see if I can have it coded
So quick update so if not most there are bmw that have the drl dim even the new ones with lci when low and high beams are on. You can choose presets to increase the intensity by 10% increments via bimmercode and adapter. So people don't panic this is completely normal.Thought I research and share.
Appreciate 1
MSCD3184.50
      04-09-2018, 12:05 AM   #1697
mhdelarosa
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic

Quote:
Quote:
I finished installing mine everything works perfect and noticed the same dim as you describe when I turn on the low beam. Doesn't bug me but ill check and see if I can have it coded
So quick update so if not most there are bmw that have the drl dim even the new ones with lci when low and high beams are on. You can choose presets to increase the intensity by 10% increments via bimmercode and adapter. So people don't panic this is completely normal.Thought I research and share.
Did you use bimmercode to prevent the led rings from dimming? I set to 100% brightness using bimmercode, but still get dimming when turning the low beams on.
      04-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #1698
00e46sedan
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdelarosa View Post
Did you use bimmercode to prevent the led rings from dimming? I set to 100% brightness using bimmercode, but still get dimming when turning the low beams on.
Negative. I've now done more researched and have found out that by making the drl stay the same brightness when the low beams are off and keeping that same brightness when coded when low beams are on can age/damage the headlamps sooner because of the heat levels going up. So I decided to keep it the way it is its still clean imo and dont have any issues . The headlights do have the warming up flicker/volt check when turning on the car that ill most likely code off for sure. Hope this helps !

Last edited by 00e46sedan; 04-09-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #1699
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Newest issue... So the issue wasn't the adjustor, but something with the lens maybe.. Projector will shift and lose focus, producing a floodlight, circular beam and then eventually bump back into the normal projection..

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #1700
00e46sedan
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Newest issue... So the issue wasn't the adjustor, but something with the lens maybe.. Projector will shift and lose focus, producing a floodlight, circular beam and then eventually bump back into the normal projection..
Interesting. You've checked the light bulb correct for the low beam ? Maybe dislocated?

I read u mentioned previously about the cutoff adjusting coming off the rack? When I tried adjusting vertically on the passenger side to put it higher as oppose to the driver side being high already. Tje passenger felt a bit of a tension and wasnt sure to keep going so I just slightly adjusted back and kept the cut off lines more in the lower side instead of the middle hood height. Will it be safe to keep going ? Or how will I determine how far I can turn the adjuster ?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #1701
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. You've checked the light bulb correct for the low beam ? Maybe dislocated?

I read u mentioned previously about the cutoff adjusting coming off the rack? When I tried adjusting vertically on the passenger side to put it higher as oppose to the driver side being high already. Tje passenger felt a bit of a tension and wasnt sure to keep going so I just slightly adjusted back and kept the cut off lines more in the lower side instead of the middle hood height. Will it be safe to keep going ? Or how will I determine how far I can turn the adjuster ?
I would stop when you get tension, otherwise you risk popping it off.

As for my issue, yes. I've had the lights for over a year with no issues up until a couple months ago. I thought it was the bulb holder at first, but fiddled with that and couldn't get it to focus. No play on the holder itself or the bulb. I have a feeling that it's the lens or reflector. Possibly separating? I might just give up and if I can't find a drivers side headlight, I may have to breakdown and buy a new set. :/

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #1702
00e46sedan
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would stop when you get tension, otherwise you risk popping it off.

As for my issue, yes. I've had the lights for over a year with no issues up until a couple months ago. I thought it was the bulb holder at first, but fiddled with that and couldn't get it to focus. No play on the holder itself or the bulb. I have a feeling that it's the lens or reflector. Possibly separating? I might just give up and if I can't find a drivers side headlight, I may have to breakdown and buy a new set. :/
Darn yeah it sounds it can be lens or reflector. Sucks for that with aftermarket headlights smh . Last time I recall something similar happened was when my shroud came off my e46 m3. Luckily those headlight lenses can pop off . Good luck man ! That's a pita for these f30 I did the swap myself took me 3hours I'm sure I can do it faster nex t time
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #1703
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Darn yeah it sounds it can be lens or reflector. Sucks for that with aftermarket headlights smh . Last time I recall something similar happened was when my shroud came off my e46 m3. Luckily those headlight lenses can pop off . Good luck man ! That's a pita for these f30 I did the swap myself took me 3hours I'm sure I can do it faster nex t time
Yeah, they really are. Locking nuts on the bottom drove me crazy. Such a small place to jam vise grips into lol

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #1704
00e46sedan
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, they really are. Locking nuts on the bottom drove me crazy. Such a small place to jam vise grips into lol
Lol yup there's a trick to it though just try to grab the bottom piece and lock it. But I'm sure u figured it out Hahaa. Luckily I don't have big hands . I'm 5'3 and works for me no power tools required lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #1705
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Lol yup there's a trick to it though just try to grab the bottom piece and lock it. But I'm sure u figured it out Hahaa. Luckily I don't have big hands . I'm 5'3 and works for me no power tools required lol.
The hardpart was turning that nut in such a tiny place lol.. Agonizing 5 minutes lol.

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #1706
HaloF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
The hardpart was turning that nut in such a tiny place lol.. Agonizing 5 minutes lol.
Hey man I just got my lights in today I swapped out the bulbs for the diamond vision and was wondering if I’m supposed to leave the seal on the cap to cover up the back part of the head light?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #1707
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloF30 View Post
Hey man I just got my lights in today I swapped out the bulbs for the diamond vision and was wondering if I’m supposed to leave the seal on the cap to cover up the back part of the head light?
Yes. Ensure the o-ring stays around the cover. This is paramount to sealing it from the weather and condensation.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 08:40 PM   #1708
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
So Kies Motorsports came back to adjust the lights... used some washers somewhere behind the lights... I think it looks much better. Really happy with the result! Before and after... I really appreciate Bryan and Cliff coming out. Great customer service.

Edit the app flipped the photos... before is lights on.
Attached Images

04-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #1709
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCD View Post
So Kies Motorsports came back to adjust the lights... used some washers somewhere behind the lights... I think it looks much better. Really happy with the result! Before and after... I really appreciate Bryan and Cliff coming out. Great customer service.

What did they adjust? Not seeing it in the photo.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 09:09 PM   #1710
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

What did they adjust? Not seeing it in the photo.
Reduced the gap back close to stock on the hood line to the top of the bumper. It was being pulled down at the ends.
      04-15-2018, 10:03 PM   #1711
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Reduced the gap back close to stock on the hood line to the top of the bumper. It was being pulled down at the ends.
You think you could do roughly the same angle as the before picture? I think the difference in angles makes it hard to tell that there was a change. Curious if it's worth going back in there. I just pulled my middle down some to match it.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 10:10 PM   #1712
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
You think you could do roughly the same angle as the before picture? I think the difference in angles makes it hard to tell that there was a change. Curious if it's worth going back in there. I just pulled my middle down some to match it.
Sure I'll try to get one tomorrow.
      04-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #1713
skunis
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i xDrive

Still looking for the LCI version headlights. Cannot get USR to respond and I contacted DEPO and they said they would have someone reach out to me but that has been a few weeks ago.

I found these but never heard of the site or company.

Any thoughts?

https://www.betaautoparts.com/produc...3-oe-original/

https://www.betaautoparts.com/produc...4-oe-original/
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #1714
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunis View Post
Still looking for the LCI version headlights. Cannot get USR to respond and I contacted DEPO and they said they would have someone reach out to me but that has been a few weeks ago.

I found these but never heard of the site or company.

Any thoughts?

https://www.betaautoparts.com/produc...3-oe-original/

https://www.betaautoparts.com/produc...4-oe-original/
I mean, they look good. Curious if anyone has ever purchased from them.

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #1715
skunis
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i xDrive

Quote:
I mean, they look good. Curious if anyone has ever purchased from them.
Me too.

They are in the UAE. I also sent an email to Hella directly cause I didn't see them on their webpage.

Really would like to keep my car with the right parts. I could go with the pre LCI Depos but still trying to find what would have come with my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #1716
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunis View Post
Me too.

They are in the UAE. I also sent an email to Hella directly cause I didn't see them on their webpage.

Really would like to keep my car with the right parts. I could go with the pre LCI Depos but still trying to find what would have come with my car.
LCI looks really good as well, so I don't blame you. Plus, you can go LED with them since they're reflectors. Much easier to install lol.

Appreciate 0