F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Lease return end of July & over mileage !!!
GetBMWParts

07-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #23
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincechase View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Look at it this way, your lease was what 36 months? If at the start they said you're gonna go over your miles for an extra $25 per month you'll be good would you really have passed on the car? Yeah it sucks but driving any car is a money losing proposition.
I agree. You're right
Could be a lot worse. My Touareg needed brakes and tires to pass inspection for turn in. $3k to give it back - and it was a fucking VW! Now that was a kick in the balls.
Jeeez I feel much better already lol.

What do you have now?
That was a few cars ago. Now I split my time between an M235 convertible and a V8 X5 (E70). If you're looking for a very practical excellent value car that's a good place to research. I got a one owner 40k car for $13000.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #24
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Look at it this way, your lease was what 36 months? If at the start they said you're gonna go over your miles for an extra $25 per month you'll be good would you really have passed on the car? Yeah it sucks but driving any car is a money losing proposition.
I agree. You're right
Could be a lot worse. My Touareg needed brakes and tires to pass inspection for turn in. $3k to give it back - and it was a fucking VW! Now that was a kick in the balls.

What do you have now?
That was a few cars ago. Now I split my time between an M235 convertible and a V8 X5 (E70). If you're looking for a very practical excellent value car that's a good place to research. I got a one owner 40k car for $13000.
That's dope some cool cars you have. & Hmm sounds good. What car is this ? Details...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #25
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree. You're right

What do you have now?
That's dope some cool cars you have. & Hmm sounds good. What car is this ? Details...
It's the second generation X5 made from 2007 til 2013 I believe.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #26
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree. You're right

What do you have now?
And it has how much miles?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 02:22 PM   #27
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree. You're right

What do you have now?
And it has how much miles?
It's not a specific car for sale. I bought mine a few months ago one owner clean car fax 40k miles for $13k. I suggested you look for something similar if you need an inexpensive practical car that still very nice.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #28
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Hey guys,

I return my lease at the end of July and currently I am over my mileage by 5k. I don't plan to release a bmw as I will get a cheaper car to save up for something really really nice.

Any tricks or advice someone can give me to get out of paying 1200 or 0.25 cents per mile. That's a steep price

Thanks lol
You signed a contract so if you owe it pay it. What am I missing here?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #29
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
Call BMW now before you turn in your car and see if you can buy additional miles for less than the turn-in cost.
That is an excellent point. Good call.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #30
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Yup your screwed. Only way out is to lease another. Me and my friend tried to sweet talk sales for his lease return ..what if we buy another car. They said nope and told us only way out is lease another or pay it off😔
And that is what it means when you sign a contract! End of subject.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 06:47 AM   #31
bahasad
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30, E90

I was over mileage by maybe 4000-5000 miles. Had to pay the fee.
The only way out is if you buy out the car (may or may not be what you want), or get another BMW at which point they will roll the over mileage into that vehicles monthly (unless you get a big break).

If you do decide to return it, make sure you pay the over mileage at the discounted rate available through BMWs website or on the phone, a few days before turn in. It's $0.15 vs. $0.20 if I recall.

I have a Nissan that will be way over miles (at least 15k) when I have to return it, but probably just gonna buy it out and give it to the wife to use as her daily driver.