F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Labs Widget
Studio RSR

02-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #23
Weaselboy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

I reconnected mine in IFTTT and setup more recipes and all but one work. I have a weather report send each morning and that works. One that alerts when I get home (geo fence) and that one works. And one that emails me where I am parked and that works. But I have one for an alert when I leave a particular geo fence area and that one has yet to work.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #24
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles01 View Post
Even when I reconnect it though, the geofencing features still don't work on mine. I have it set up to:

Send an email when I enter an area
Display a notification in the car when I enter / exit an area
Send me an email when my car is parked (have since figured out that it only works on automatic models)
Interesting. I have a manual and that function hasn't worked. Makes sense since how else might the car know I'm parked. I would have thought it were an idle trigger.

Honestly, I think this is a great start of what could be something bigger but the implementation of it seems off, which is why it's beta/labs.

The deal breaker for me is that I don't want to split screen the IFTTT widget. Rather, a splash screen on ignition would be ideal.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #25
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles01 View Post
Even when I reconnect it though, the geofencing features still don't work on mine. I have it set up to:

Send an email when I enter an area
Display a notification in the car when I enter / exit an area
Send me an email when my car is parked (have since figured out that it only works on automatic models)
Interesting. I have a manual and that function hasn't worked. Makes sense since how else might the car know I'm parked. I would have thought it were an idle trigger.

Honestly, I think this is a great start of what could be something bigger but the implementation of it seems off, which is why it's beta/labs.

The deal breaker for me is that I don't want to split screen the IFTTT widget. Rather, a splash screen on ignition would be ideal.
Yeah, I found out on the BMW labs website - the "do something when I'm parked" or "... when I drive off" rules only work with auto since it's based on when the car goes into park or drive. I originally thought they'd detect based on engine on or off, but I guess that makes sense for them.

I'm sure as they continue to test this and when it gets out of beta, some of these clunky issues will get resolved. Would love to just run it in the background too without the split screen.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #26
glancy
Technical Newbie
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318d M Sport

I should be able to get this in the UK, on my feb 2015 F32 with Pro Nav - but all of a sudden when i select widgets from split screen menu it says i cant access 3g services but i have all of these booked:

Remote Services
ConnectedDrive Services
TeleServices
Intelligent Emergency Call

hmmmmmm

Anyone had similar issue, is there a way to check something?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #27
glancy
Technical Newbie
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318d M Sport

UPDATE:

I did software update, then subscribed to BMW Online service (1 month for £1- trial)

then forced the update from bmw connected and now i have weather info etc and widgets working :-)

Ric
Appreciate 0