F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Resonator Delete N55
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-19-2015, 08:38 PM   #133
2blu
Captain
2blu's Avatar
Canada
151
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: 540i XDrive ///M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30George View Post
Just cut the resonator today wow what a difference def recommended!!
Sounds fantastic !
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 02:21 AM   #134
aacabriolet
Captain
aacabriolet's Avatar
No_Country
102
Rep
994
Posts

Drives: '14 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30George
http://<div class="youtube-playerCon.../iframe></div> Just cut the resonator today wow what a difference def recommended!!
What's your setup? Stock exhaust? Any other mods? MPPK ?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 05:33 AM   #135
Gio72
Captain
Italy
40
Rep
660
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 + MPE + Biesse Racing
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Italy-Venice

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
What's your setup? Stock exhaust? Any other mods? MPPK ?
Eh? It is written on the title of the video: ER downpipe and M Performance Exhaust (MPE)
I would like to remove the resonator (I've got a proposal by SuperSprint for all central line), but I'm afraid of possible "drone" at low revs at normal highway speed....
__________________
BMW 435i Msport 8AT with DHP, MPPK, MPE #340, MP LSD, DP HJS 300 cells, K&N intake filter and MP Brakes!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #136
aacabriolet
Captain
aacabriolet's Avatar
No_Country
102
Rep
994
Posts

Drives: '14 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio72
Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
What's your setup? Stock exhaust? Any other mods? MPPK ?
Eh? It is written on the title of the video: ER downpipe and M Performance Exhaust (MPE)
I would like to remove the resonator (I've got a proposal by SuperSprint for all central line), but I'm afraid of possible "drone" at low revs at normal highway speed....
Eh I watched the embedded video from my phone. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 06:13 PM   #137
F30George
Private
28
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2013 M335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: boston

iTrader: (0)

Performance exhaust and ER downpipe full bolt on with stage 1 turbo
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 05:37 AM   #138
aacabriolet
Captain
aacabriolet's Avatar
No_Country
102
Rep
994
Posts

Drives: '14 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30George View Post
Performance exhaust and ER downpipe full bolt on with stage 1 turbo
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 09:11 AM   #139
franzzz
Captain
franzzz's Avatar
Italy
127
Rep
952
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ITALY

iTrader: (0)

another video of MPE 339 (Black Edition !!!) and Resonator deleted on 335i

__________________
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #140
J_Vang
Private First Class
United_States
11
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: 14 F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Muffler delete drones when not under hard acceleration. 2.5-3k RPM rattles my lumbar and other pieces of the interior.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #141
drf36///
Renaissance man
drf36///'s Avatar
17
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vang View Post
Muffler delete drones when not under hard acceleration. 2.5-3k RPM rattles my lumbar and other pieces of the interior.
I concur. A buddy of mine has a muffler delete on his F30 and I can't stand the droning on the highway cruising
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 04:42 PM   #142
Gio72
Captain
Italy
40
Rep
660
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 + MPE + Biesse Racing
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Italy-Venice

iTrader: (0)

But you mean the central resonator or the final muffler delete?
__________________
BMW 435i Msport 8AT with DHP, MPPK, MPE #340, MP LSD, DP HJS 300 cells, K&N intake filter and MP Brakes!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #143
J_Vang
Private First Class
United_States
11
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: 14 F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Final muffler delete. I know this is about resonator delete but just thought i'd share my thoughts with folks that were considering going the whole 9.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 05:39 PM   #144
Gio72
Captain
Italy
40
Rep
660
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 + MPE + Biesse Racing
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Italy-Venice

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vang View Post
Final muffler delete. I know this is about resonator delete but just thought i'd share my thoughts with folks that were considering going the whole 9.
Ah ok, but my dilemma is about central resonator delete, keeping both stock DP and MPE...
__________________
BMW 435i Msport 8AT with DHP, MPPK, MPE #340, MP LSD, DP HJS 300 cells, K&N intake filter and MP Brakes!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #145
wakebord99
Private
wakebord99's Avatar
14
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: 14' 328i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

The folks with MPE + Res Delete and/or Res Delete + DP.. would you mind posting a video of your cabin sound or atleast sharing your thoughts?

MPE is very quiet and want to make it louder by a solid 15% without the drone.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 01:24 AM   #146
E30toF30
Captain
Canada
110
Rep
750
Posts

Drives: 2016 528i Executive Edition
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I removed my resonator on my car and during the first couple days I didn't notice too much of a difference. I did notice a bit more exhaust sounds while in the lower 1500-3000 rpm range though.

However, after about 500km over the past week, it sounds sooooo much better. It definitely continues to growl louder mainly in the same lower rpm range (sounds fantastic!!) and just a tad bit louder when in the higher rpm ranges (I've only gone up to 4500 rpm or so as my car is still new) .

I also do notice the pops and burbles a bit more when I release the throttle which I love. And cold starts are definitely much louder.

I would have to say that for the $150 cost, it was extremely well worth it as it definitely makes driving a ton more enjoyable! Especially as I now don't need to floor it or get up to really high revs to get the sound I want. I'm sure I could have gotten the resonator removed for half the price but I went with a reputable company I trusted as opposed to a shady shop with mixed reviews.

Oh, and the most important thing, no drone!!

For the record, I have the mppk, mp intake and mpe.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 02:32 AM   #147
franzzz
Captain
franzzz's Avatar
Italy
127
Rep
952
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ITALY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30toF30 View Post
I removed my resonator on my car and during the first couple days I didn't notice too much of a difference. I did notice a bit more exhaust sounds while in the lower 1500-3000 rpm range though.

However, after about 500km over the past week, it sounds sooooo much better. It definitely continues to growl louder mainly in the same lower rpm range (sounds fantastic!!) and just a tad bit louder when in the higher rpm ranges (I've only gone up to 4500 rpm or so as my car is still new) .

I also do notice the pops and burbles a bit more when I release the throttle which I love. And cold starts are definitely much louder.

I would have to say that for the $150 cost, it was extremely well worth it as it definitely makes driving a ton more enjoyable! Especially as I now don't need to floor it or get up to really high revs to get the sound I want. I'm sure I could have gotten the resonator removed for half the price but I went with a reputable company I trusted as opposed to a shady shop with mixed reviews.

Oh, and the most important thing, no drone!!

For the record, I have the mppk, mp intake and mpe.
quote !
__________________
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #148
romanonj
Major
romanonj's Avatar
116
Rep
1,319
Posts

Drives: F80 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey, Ocean County

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
quote !
Did you mean "word"? I concur BTW.. It sounds awesome when needed and quite when u r cruising home late at night.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #149
pistolpete559
Private
5
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 535i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cleveland OH

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 BMW 535I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal335i
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd upload this video for people who are interested in deleting they're resonator but are hesitating because they don't know how its going to sound. (I was one of them) lol. I revved it at both comfort & sport mode. 48 seconds is when its on sport. Muffler delete is coming soon!

Did you just remove the resonator? Are the mufflers and downpipe stock? Any other mods in the video?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #150
Gio72
Captain
Italy
40
Rep
660
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 + MPE + Biesse Racing
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Italy-Venice

iTrader: (0)

Hi guys!
What about the offect of lowering back pressure by removing central resonator?
See this vid:

Anybody has dynoed before and after romoving central resonator?
__________________
BMW 435i Msport 8AT with DHP, MPPK, MPE #340, MP LSD, DP HJS 300 cells, K&N intake filter and MP Brakes!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 02:29 PM   #151
DD335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
109
Rep
351
Posts

Drives: '14 BSM F30 335i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Anybody have a vid of stock exhaust w res delete?
& or stock w res del and dp?

I'm leased as well, don't think it'll be a problem though...
Either way, got that package where I can do $5k worth of damage for $30 a month! Lol
__________________
'14 F30 335i Msport bsm-black dakota
Tech-Premium-HK

South Florida Real Estate
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 02:40 PM   #152
2blu
Captain
2blu's Avatar
Canada
151
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: 540i XDrive ///M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD335i View Post
Anybody have a vid of stock exhaust w res delete?
& or stock w res del and dp?

I'm leased as well, don't think it'll be a problem though...
Either way, got that package where I can do $5k worth of damage for $30 a month! Lol
Mine is modded stock exhaust with DP and res delete, not exactly what you're looking for but it should give you a good idea.
__________________
GONE: '13 335i X-drive ///M-Sport | GONE: '16 340i X-Drive ///M-Sport | NOW: '18 540iX-Drive ///M-Sport
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #153
DD335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
109
Rep
351
Posts

Drives: '14 BSM F30 335i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD335i View Post
Anybody have a vid of stock exhaust w res delete?
& or stock w res del and dp?

I'm leased as well, don't think it'll be a problem though...
Either way, got that package where I can do $5k worth of damage for $30 a month! Lol
Mine is modded stock exhaust with DP and res delete, not exactly what you're looking for but it should give you a good idea.
You used the JB weld to shut the holes in muffler right?
I'll check it out
How are you liking it?
I think I might if I can find a stock muffler for sale, that way I don't have to cut it open and all that
__________________
'14 F30 335i Msport bsm-black dakota
Tech-Premium-HK

South Florida Real Estate
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #154
s2k750
Second Lieutenant
109
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SWFL

iTrader: (0)

Are you guys getting any drone with removing only the resonator? Leaving the factory downpipe and mufflers.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST