F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Adaptive headlight error
Extreme Powerhouse

04-01-2020, 08:24 PM   #1
Zack77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Adaptive headlight error

Is it possible to code out an adaptive headlight warning error? And if so what is required?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 01:50 AM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack77 View Post
Is it possible to code out an adaptive headlight warning error? And if so what is required?
Yes, for F chassis you need esys and enet cable. For E chassis kdcan cable and ncs expert
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 02:42 AM   #3
betty02
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 316D

I also want to do this, I have the above does anyone know where the option is located?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 03:47 AM   #4
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
It depends on what is causing the error. You can check the codes with ISTA. Did you replace adaptive lights with non adaptive or something?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #5
betty02
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah the left headlight on mine is none genuine, all functions but error in dash that doesn’t clear so it annoys me, doesn’t fuss me having them so happy with “de-activate” but nobody seems to know the option!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #6
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty02 View Post
Yeah the left headlight on mine is none genuine, all functions but error in dash that doesn’t clear so it annoys me, doesn’t fuss me having them so happy with “de-activate” but nobody seems to know the option!
You already read all the answers in your threads?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 02:54 PM   #7
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty02 View Post
You already read all the answers in your threads?
Remove 524 from FA and code FEM
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 03:15 PM   #8
betty02
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok thanks! Will see if i can find a guide for this! Or see if I can find an expert who can remotely do it!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 05:35 PM   #9
bmwf30lucas
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 320d

Hi .

Sorry to adding here , but i tried to code adaptive lights on my bmw f30 , i read somewhere that halogen light also was working after someone code it , cannot find this post anymore , so question to you guys , is it possible or not ? i already tried but couldnt find step 4 file just no exist , changed all other but it doesnt work ... anyone know bit more about that ?

missing file FEM_BODY 3073 KL_ENABLE_RE KL_Ein KL_Aus Enables cornering lights - Part 4

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 10:10 PM   #10
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwf30lucas View Post
Hi .

Sorry to adding here , but i tried to code adaptive lights on my bmw f30 , i read somewhere that halogen light also was working after someone code it , cannot find this post anymore , so question to you guys , is it possible or not ? i already tried but couldnt find step 4 file just no exist , changed all other but it doesnt work ... anyone know bit more about that ?

missing file FEM_BODY 3073 KL_ENABLE_RE KL_Ein KL_Aus Enables cornering lights - Part 4

Thanks for your help
Do you headlights have adaptive hardware?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #11
bmwf30lucas
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Do you headlights have adaptive hardware?
dont know what you mean ?

I thought adaptive headlights mean cornering lights which are using fog lights ?

I think my headlights dont have that option as it was standard model , and i upgraded them for some chinese wirh rings ....

Is adaptive hardware mean when you start the car they are moving up and down ??? Cos that what they are doing , dont remember do the old one had it or not ..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 03:42 PM   #12
bmwf30lucas
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
dont know what you mean ?

I thought adaptive headlights mean cornering lights which are using fog lights ?

I think my headlights dont have that option as it was standard model , and i upgraded them for some chinese wirh rings ....

Is adaptive hardware mean when you start the car they are moving up and down ??? Cos that what they are doing , dont remember do the old one had it or not ..
A ok know now ... my car dont have an adaptive headlights ...

I did tried to code cornering lights , sorry name it wrongly - and sorry for writing as I'm Polish and English is not my primary language

FEM_BODY 3073 C_CLC_ENA F030enable F030disable Enables cornering lights - Part 1
FEM_BODY 3073 C_BLC_ENA aktiv nicht_aktiv Enables cornering lights - Part 2
FEM_BODY 3066 KL_ENABLE_LI KL_Ein KL_Aus Enables cornering lights - Part 3
FEM_BODY 3073 KL_ENABLE_RE KL_Ein KL_Aus Enables cornering lights - Part 4
FEM_BODY 3062 MAPPING_abbiegel_L_output nsw_l Off Enables cornering lights - Part 5
FEM_BODY 3062 MAPPING_abbiegel_R_output nsw_r Off Enables cornering lights - Part 6

Done all steps to code it apart of step 4 as cant find this file doesnt exist KL_ENABLE_RE

Any ideas ??

Also what is coding for follow me home lights - mean headlight with stay on for some amount of seconds after you lock the car or switch off engine ...?

Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited by bmwf30lucas; 04-08-2020 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #13
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:

Done all steps to code it apart of step 4 as cant find this file doesnt exist KL_ENABLE_RE

Any ideas ??

Also what is coding for follow me home lights - mean headlight with stay on for some amount of seconds after you lock the car or switch off engine ...?

Do you use E-Sys?
Then use the search in it.

If you use another program, search in FEM_BODY 3066 KL_ENABLE_RE

To use follow me home you have to pull the high beam lever after ignition off.
Your car should have it as standard and no coding is required.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #14
bmwf30lucas
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
Do you use E-Sys?
Then use the search in it.

If you use another program, search in FEM_BODY 3066 KL_ENABLE_RE

To use follow me home you have to pull the high beam lever after ignition off.
Your car should have it as standard and no coding is required.
yes , I'm using e-sys , didn't think to use search it ...

will try tomorrow

Regarding to the follow home light , is there anything to set up the time ??

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 03:40 AM   #15
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:

Regarding to the follow home light , is there anything to set up the time ??

Thanks
No, I don't know anything about that.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 03:38 AM   #16
betty02
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Just an update, first time coding the car today, managed to read the VO file, remove the 524 option and then manage to check, and code that to the FEM body module and I for the first time in 3 years and error free dash where I can now see my trip computer, all headlights work as they should etc. Thanks for all the help on this it was hugely appreciated and saved me time and money!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 05:49 AM   #17
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
A ok know now ... my car dont have an adaptive headlights ...

I did tried to code cornering lights , sorry name it wrongly - and sorry for writing as I'm Polish and English is not my primary language

FEM_BODY 3073 C_CLC_ENA F030enable F030disable Enables cornering lights - Part 1
FEM_BODY 3073 C_BLC_ENA aktiv nicht_aktiv Enables cornering lights - Part 2
FEM_BODY 3066 KL_ENABLE_LI KL_Ein KL_Aus Enables cornering lights - Part 3
FEM_BODY 3062 MAPPING_abbiegel_L_output nsw_l Off Enables cornering lights - Part 5
FEM_BODY 3062 MAPPING_abbiegel_R_output nsw_r Off Enables cornering lights - Part 6

Any ideas ??

If you have the basic manual adjustment for headlight aim - one of the two wheels on the light switch panel - then you shouldn't set C_BLC_ENA to enable.
This would disable the levelling control.

The other settings are OK except for one typo that persists in being quoted every time this topic comes up.

FEM_BODY 3066 KL_ENABLE_LI KL_Ein - is correct
FEM_BODY 3066 KL_ENABLE_RE KL_Ein - 3066 is the correct section setting, NOT 3073

OK, I see that atzebmw has already responded on this one.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #18
bmwf30lucas
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn View Post
If you have the basic manual adjustment for headlight aim - one of the two wheels on the light switch panel - then you shouldn't set C_BLC_ENA to enable.
This would disable the levelling control.

The other settings are OK except for one typo that persists in being quoted every time this topic comes up.

FEM_BODY 3066 KL_ENABLE_LI KL_Ein - is correct
FEM_BODY 3066 KL_ENABLE_RE KL_Ein - 3066 is the correct section setting, NOT 3073

OK, I see that atzebmw has already responded on this one.
Thanks for help .

cjn - thanks - I found it using search engine , already change it but still not work ...

Should it work at a day time as well when i switch day time lights and turn steering wheel full ???

yes i have two wheels to enable adjusting level and brightens

will change it back tomorrow

I did also change few other things , done all at one time , was able to connect to Hu-CIC now , thanks to shawnsheridan for his help , but now got an issue with indicators ,don't really know when it happen as i wasn't drive a car till today , and done many changes till now , issue with indicator , both sides , if I press once not at full position just flick , it should indicate 3 times , but for some reason doing only once now , it may be the issue with C_BLC_ENA ???,I will change it back to disable and see then ...

Thanks to everyone for a help

I'm really appreciated

Last edited by bmwf30lucas; 04-12-2020 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 01:39 PM   #19
bmwf30lucas
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for help .

cjn - thanks - I found it using search engine , already change it but still not work ...

Should it work at a day time as well when i switch day time lights and turn steering wheel full ???

yes i have two wheels to enable adjusting level and brightens

will change it back tomorrow

I did also change few other things , done all at one time , was able to connect to Hu-CIC now , thanks to shawnsheridan for his help , but now got an issue with indicators ,don't really know when it happen as i wasn't drive a car till today , and done many changes till now , issue with indicator , both sides , if I press once not at full position just flick , it should indicate 3 times , but for some reason doing only once now , it may be the issue with C_BLC_ENA ???,I will change it back to disable and see then ...

Thanks to everyone for a help

I'm really appreciated
Hi .

So today i had another attempt to code cornering lights .

Changed C_BLC_ENA to disable as adjusting was not working , after change work fine .

But cornering lights still not working , below few pictures from the changes what i have done ... all seems to be correct - C_CLC_ENA - dont know what was before but now when i chage it to F030 enable , code it and read again , showing all F015 F030 ....... enable .. should it be like that ? can anyone confirm ??
Also indicators stop working as in post above and no changes ....

Does anyone have a cheat sheet to code one touch side indicators to blink 1 , 3 or 5 times ... ???

Please help
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwf30lucas; 04-13-2020 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #20
bmwf30lucas
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi .

Update to the post above

The cornering light working fine - there was no issue with them , but they not working at day time

Issue with indicators still here , dont have a clue why it change settings , so if flicked once flashing only once not 3 times ... do anyone have a cheat sheet to code it ???

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 04:00 PM   #21
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Hi .

Update to the post above

The cornering light working fine - there was no issue with them , but they not working at day time

Issue with indicators still here , dont have a clue why it change settings , so if flicked once flashing only once not 3 times ... do anyone have a cheat sheet to code it ???

Thanks
I can't see any reason that you'd want/need the cornering fog lights in the day time. They won't light up the road and you already have perfectly good amber indicators. I don't have the F30 any more but I think I'm right in remembering that it only works when (a) lights are set to auto, and (b) it's dark enough for the lights to come on.

As for the single flash, that is strange. There is a setting for the number of flashes, which used to allow this to be set to any reasonable number, say 5 instead of 3.

FEM_BODY / 3060 / BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP
set the value to one less than the desired number of flashes

However a fairly recent i-Level update left the setting still there but ignored any change, leaving it fixed at 3. No idea why you're only getting one, unless your BLINK... value has been set to zero.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 04:34 PM   #22
bmwf30lucas
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn View Post
I can't see any reason that you'd want/need the cornering fog lights in the day time. They won't light up the road and you already have perfectly good amber indicators. I don't have the F30 any more but I think I'm right in remembering that it only works when (a) lights are set to auto, and (b) it's dark enough for the lights to come on.

As for the single flash, that is strange. There is a setting for the number of flashes, which used to allow this to be set to any reasonable number, say 5 instead of 3.

FEM_BODY / 3060 / BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP
set the value to one less than the desired number of flashes

However a fairly recent i-Level update left the setting still there but ignored any change, leaving it fixed at 3. No idea why you're only getting one, unless your BLINK... value has been set to zero.
Hi CJN and thanks for a quick respond .

I do not want to change indicators to 1 flick but back to 3, as for no reason somehow it start flash just once .... I think i change something during changes I've done in FEMBODY ... 3060lcemaster - changed indicators to flash twice when locking car, and after check it now it comes as UNKNOWN - think type it wrongly and that could be the issue as I did only that change will change it tomorrow as was check all offline in saved file, all settings and found just that wrong ..

Also regarding to cornering lights there was no issue , only issue was that I was checking at day time, and that's why I was thinking it's not working night time working as it should

Also have you got a cheat sheet , some extended one with all adjustments as the one I've got , have 12 pages and I feel a lot of settings are not included in there ...
Thanks for help
Appreciate 0