F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > F30 basic entry head unit 12-13
proTUNING Freaks

03-27-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
Okanturk4
Okan
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f30

F30 basic entry head unit 12-13

Hello guys I've been looking for a head unit to replace my old one that's currently stuck on the BMW logo on my I drive. I haven't been so lucky. Does anyone happen to have one for sale. I have the 2014 320XI basic unit pictures are provided down below. If you happen to have please message me right away
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 10:28 AM   #2
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanturk4 View Post
Hello guys I've been looking for a head unit to replace my old one that's currently stuck on the BMW logo on my I drive. I haven't been so lucky. Does anyone happen to have one for sale. I have the 2014 320XI basic unit pictures are provided down below. If you happen to have please message me right away
I just pulled the HU_NBT from my Mini Cooper S F55 to upgrade to the newer HU_NBT2 EVO.

This is the same factory navigation headunit that was available for the 2014 F30 that you have. If you are interested in an upgrade to navigation, I can sell you the NBT unit that I have, as well as remotely code it to your car at no cost.

I also have the CID Screen from a 2015 X5 (10.25in) that I modified to fit my wife's F34 3GT that we just returned our lease. The NBT will work with your smaller 6.5in screen, the standard 8.8in F30 screen or this 10.25in screen. The screen is available for sale with or without the NBT unit.

The NBT is updated to the most recent maps, as well as activated for all features such as SiriusXM, Voice control, navigation ,etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 09:05 PM   #3
Dnnnax1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i

I realize this post is 2 years old, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask if that head unit is available..mine looks to be infinitely looping.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 01:36 PM   #4
Dnnnax1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
I just pulled the HU_NBT from my Mini Cooper S F55 to upgrade to the newer HU_NBT2 EVO.

This is the same factory navigation headunit that was available for the 2014 F30 that you have. If you are interested in an upgrade to navigation, I can sell you the NBT unit that I have, as well as remotely code it to your car at no cost.

I also have the CID Screen from a 2015 X5 (10.25in) that I modified to fit my wife's F34 3GT that we just returned our lease. The NBT will work with your smaller 6.5in screen, the standard 8.8in F30 screen or this 10.25in screen. The screen is available for sale with or without the NBT unit.

The NBT is updated to the most recent maps, as well as activated for all features such as SiriusXM, Voice control, navigation ,etc.
Would this still be available for purchase? If not, would greatly appreciate if you could let me know if coding a replacement head unit to my f30’s vin is a manageable task for someone that’s relatively new to this, or I would be foolish to do so and should just get that done from a shop. And an approximate estimate of what I should expect to pay?

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 08:09 PM   #5
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnnnax1 View Post
Would this still be available for purchase? If not, would greatly appreciate if you could let me know if coding a replacement head unit to my f30’s vin is a manageable task for someone that’s relatively new to this, or I would be foolish to do so and should just get that done from a shop. And an approximate estimate of what I should expect to pay?

Thank you!!
sorry, its long gone.

Not a task for the beginner coder. Requires ESYS and access to FSC enabling codes.

I would recommend at this point getting an ID6 NBT2 EVO with Wireless CarPlay given we are on iDrive 8 at this point, units should be easy and cheap to come by. Make sure you get the 4GB RAM one.

I would recommend sb2002 over at NAM forum (north american motoring). This is the MINI forum. Steve is very reliable and trustworthy, and should be able to sell you a unit coded and fully plug and play to your setup and promptly get it to your door in a few days after payment.

I honestly have no idea of the prices these things are going for these days. A quick eBay search yielded the following unit for $850 which has the blue GPS connector, which means you don't also need to have an ATM module retrofitted as well!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115311917113
Appreciate 0