F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #7349
UnknownBeing
Registered
2
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
The split screen view is now the standard Android Auto view on wide-screens.
Does this have to be enabled by the head unit? I was in a loaner G20 with the widescreen, and it didn't have the split view in AA. My Andream unit does with the same phone.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #7350
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
278
Rep
925
Posts

Drives: BMW 320I
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
The split screen view is now the standard Android Auto view on wide-screens.
Does this have to be enabled by the head unit? I was in a loaner G20 with the widescreen, and it didn't have the split view in AA. My Andream unit does with the same phone.
It does, but every video or photo I have seen of BMW'S oem implementation of AA shows the split screen: https://www.bmwblog.com/2021/02/01/b...compatibility/

It's interesting that the loaner didn't have it.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:21 AM   #7351
sistrax
New Member
sistrax's Avatar
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: BMW F21
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SPAIN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
The split screen view is now the standard Android Auto view on wide-screens.
Thank you very much for the clarification.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:03 PM   #7352
Eziii
Registered
United Kingdom
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW F10 LCI
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

MCU 20.10.22.16 (Cross compatibility unknown)

Hi all, anyone know about the recent update on the MCU for Andream B version (NBT)? Anyone know what the changes are?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #7353
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
278
Rep
925
Posts

Drives: BMW 320I
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeing View Post
Does this have to be enabled by the head unit? I was in a loaner G20 with the widescreen, and it didn't have the split view in AA. My Andream unit does with the same phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sistrax View Post
Thank you very much for the clarification.
Which Andream software version are you currently using?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:27 PM   #7354
sistrax
New Member
sistrax's Avatar
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: BMW F21
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SPAIN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Which Andream software version are you currently using?
If you read further, you will see that I use custom software from the first page and my unit is carlinkit.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:46 PM   #7355
RAAF12
Private
6
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: BMW 120i 177HP 2016
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: My town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzonatan View Post
all I get is "action not available in AUX mode". But it becomes unusable when sound source is different, e.g. USB to have a better quality.
In wireless mode it uses the wifi of the box and that is the best quality of sound. And you still use the volumebuttons on the steering wheel as you like.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:16 AM   #7356
yulian
Enlisted Member
Ukraine
23
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Ukraine, Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Has anyone found a fix for a dramatical waze slowness?

It's an only disappointment what I have with latest 9.2.20 Carlinkit firmware - I tried editors map view and forced night mode.

It doesn't help waze still works very slow and makes AA almost unusable because it reacts very slow on cursor movement.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:09 AM   #7357
ibi100
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado959 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I just installed the Carplay box in my car. I'm not sure which software/firmware/MCU update to use. The Seller told me that I have the A version of the box but my software version doesn't match with anything listed.

My box details

Box:EW-BMCP-NBT01A (as per Seller)

I pulled up the software information:

SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST Version: 3.1.2.gpe.b
MCU Version: 20.10.22.16
HW Version: BMW_NBT


The update is asking for a Gemini_Pack.BIN file





Any help would be great, thanks in advance
hello, I have the same problem as you, I think I have version A andream but the box asks me for the Gemini_Pack.BIN !!!!??

here are my versions
SDK: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST version: V3.2.0.5.gp.b2
MCU: 20.10.22.16
HW Version: BMW_NBT2

I tested the Gemini_Pack.BIN for Andream version B V1.2.5 and B2 V1.2.5 but when as I meet the USB, I have the error before updating
: error version

which version to flash?

Last edited by ibi100; Today at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:40 AM   #7358
ibi100
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksksimey View Post
I bought the f30 mmi from Ali Express last December.
I want to upgrade the version. Can you help?
I don't know which version to get, and the pin number was 2863.
Andream [NBT] [ISPBOOOT.BIN] v2.1.1.5.gpe.b (PIN: 2863)
I downloaded and installed it, but it shows that there is no GEMINI_PACK.BIN..
So Andream B-version [NBT] [GEMINI_PACK.BIN] B_V1.2.1 (PIN: 5025)
I downloaded the version and tried, but it failed.. Can you figure out how?:울음 소리:
hello, I have the same problem as you, the box asks me for the Gemini_Pack.BIN !!!!??
password : 2863 is work

I tested the Gemini_Pack.BIN for Andream version B V1.2.5 and B2 V1.2.5 (psswrd 5025) but when as I meet the USB, I have the error before updating
: error version

my version is :
SDK: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST version: V3.2.0.5.gp.b2
MCU: 20.10.22.16
HW Version: BMW_NBT2

which version to flash please ?

Last edited by ibi100; Today at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:49 AM   #7359
sbrook02
Private First Class
United_States
18
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: X5 (F15)
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibi100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksksimey View Post
I bought the f30 mmi from Ali Express last December.
I want to upgrade the version. Can you help?
I don't know which version to get, and the pin number was 2863.
Andream [NBT] [ISPBOOOT.BIN] v2.1.1.5.gpe.b (PIN: 2863)
I downloaded and installed it, but it shows that there is no GEMINI_PACK.BIN..
So Andream B-version [NBT] [GEMINI_PACK.BIN] B_V1.2.1 (PIN: 5025)
I downloaded the version and tried, but it failed.. Can you figure out how?:울음 소리:
hello, I have the same problem as you, the box asks me for the Gemini_Pack.BIN !!!!??
password : 2863 is work

I tested the Gemini_Pack.BIN for Andream version B V1.2.5 and B2 V1.2.5 (psswrd 5025) but when as I meet the USB, I have the error before updating
: error version

my version is :
SDK: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST version: V3.2.0.5.gp.b2
MCU: 20.10.22.16
HW Version: BMW_NBT2

which version to flash please ?
I suspect your unit is a new hardware version similar to the Carlinkit b2/ylbmw2e version with the blue antenna connector (compared to the A version with a bare metal connector). You can compare with the antenna pictures from Yulian below:

Carlinkit with bare metal antenna (male) connector (firmware 9.x.xx.yl.b):
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1617344120

Carlinkit with blue antenna (female?) connector (firmware 9.x.xx.yl.b2):
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1617265704

Last edited by sbrook02; Today at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:16 PM   #7360
RAAF12
Private
6
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: BMW 120i 177HP 2016
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: My town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrook02 View Post
I suspect your unit is a new hardware version similar to the Carlinkit attachmentid=2567705&stc=1&d=1617265704[/url]
Yep V3 is the latest version.

soft
Quote:
CUST version: V3.2.0.5.gp.b2
HW (hardware) Version: BMW_NBT2

Other mechanical issues like colored antennaplug has nothing to do with software. Simple the connector run outof stock and they picked another electrical similair model. At least the cable has to fit. Most of the time the input of a general electronic box has a female hole and the cable connector is a male one. Sometime they switches it for identification like IEC antennaplugs FM versus TV.
I hope your software is working good?

Last edited by RAAF12; Today at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:53 PM   #7361
jannylund
New Member
Finland
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 320D ED F31 + 320D E91 LCI
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Smile

After reading (almost) the full thread, I'm still a bit confused on which unit to buy

I have:
- F31 2014 with 8.8" (pro navi) NBT, Harman Kardon
- iPhone


If possible I would prefer to not having to remove any airbags. I noticed that some of the sellers specify different sizes, but wonder if this is really the case? Looking at the pictures, I kinda assume that they are similar in size as they do not look very different.

- Carlinkit 102x148x28mm
- AIOCOAI 253x103x23mm



I would be happy to hear recommendations on which to select, or if there are better options.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:19 PM   #7362
sbrook02
Private First Class
United_States
18
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: X5 (F15)
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannylund View Post
After reading (almost) the full thread, I'm still a bit confused on which unit to buy

I have:
- F31 2014 with 8.8" (pro navi) NBT, Harman Kardon
- iPhone


If possible I would prefer to not having to remove any airbags. I noticed that some of the sellers specify different sizes, but wonder if this is really the case? Looking at the pictures, I kinda assume that they are similar in size as they do not look very different.

- Carlinkit 102x148x28mm
- AIOCOAI 253x103x23mm

I would be happy to hear recommendations on which to select, or if there are better options.
If you use iPhone/CarPlay on an NBT based head unit, Carlinkit (your 1st link) works really well for me (F15 NBT 10.25" screen) and is up to date with firmware updates (9.2.20.yl.b available on the first page). Besides you can also try the custom firmware for A version hardware. I don't think this community has enough experience with the AIOCOAI box (interestingly it has a blue antenna connector and different user interface).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAF12 View Post
Yep V3 is the latest version.

I hope your software is working good?
Thanks. Yes my box works really well with the latest firmware (similar to built-in wired CarPlay on another car). I especially like:

* Loudness setting for better sound
* Automatic echo correction configuration
* Full screen or split screen options for navigation
* Volume setting for different audio sources (so that volume can be adjusted to similar levels as iDrive)
* And Siri works so much better compared to BMW voice commands

Last edited by sbrook02; Today at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 1
      Today, 03:43 PM   #7363
RAAF12
Private
6
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: BMW 120i 177HP 2016
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: My town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma View Post
I think it is the latest firmware from Andream. I am using B2_V1.2.0_t only.
The latest 2 firmwares for Andream B2 version

first flash MCU, after reboot flash V1.2.5

It looks like this on my 6.5' screen


https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1618173805
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:55 PM   #7364
RAAF12
Private
6
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: BMW 120i 177HP 2016
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: My town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Has anyone found a fix for a dramatical waze slowness?

It's an only disappointment what I have with latest 9.2.20 Carlinkit firmware - I tried editors map view and forced night mode.

It doesn't help waze still works very slow and makes AA almost unusable because it reacts very slow on cursor movement.
You can try another navigator

For Android Auto

Google Maps
Tomtom AmiGO
Flitsmeister
Sygic (beta)
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:12 PM   #7365
RAAF12
Private
6
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: BMW 120i 177HP 2016
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: My town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannylund View Post
After reading (almost) the full thread, I'm still a bit confused on which unit to buy

I have:
- F31 2014 with 8.8" (pro navi) NBT, Harman Kardon
- iPhone


If possible I would prefer to not having to remove any airbags. I noticed that some of the sellers specify different sizes, but wonder if this is really the case? Looking at the pictures, I kinda assume that they are similar in size as they do not look very different.

- Carlinkit 102x148x28mm
- AIOCOAI 253x103x23mm



I would be happy to hear recommendations on which to select, or if there are better options.

The Andream MMI box is cheaper and has other fw updates, both boxes works well and has the same dimensions. U can check the feedback on Aliexpress too.

Last edited by RAAF12; Today at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
andream, android, android auto, apple, carplay, mmi, retrofit

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST