F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Sport (B58)
GetBMWParts

12-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #23
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
Any numbers? I'd probably wait for the Elite anyway assuming that is also compatible but still curious.
Be the same delta as a non-MPPSK. Simply stacks on top of the ECU tune.
You sure about that?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #24
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASELINE View Post
You sure about that?
100%, no, but about 99% sure. Stacked on the previous generation M235i with the same deltas as a 335i for an example and the only difference engine wise from a 335 to a M235i was an MPPK like tune. Should be no different in this case.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #25
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

Quote:
Thanks for your quick reply! I am talking above my real knowledge level here but I have concerns about running into the "fuel cap" I hear so much about, wouldn't want to buy based on a delta I might not be able to achieve. In truth my main concern is with warranty issue's, I own my 340 outright so warranty is a big deal to me. For now I will wait and see what the Elite has to offer, hopefully someday we can trade some money for some HP and TRQ!
      12-09-2016, 06:29 PM   #26
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep
Drives: stuff

Garage List
  [0.00]
2019 BMW M850i conv ...  [0.00]
Log the existing fuel trims wot to see how much headroom is left on the mppsk tune file
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #27
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

Quote:
Have you guys run one on an MPPSK'd car yet? I'm curious how it interacts with the burbles/crackles the MPPSK produces. I have heard some of that is due to the MPPSK tune and I've also heard that if you stack a Jb4 with an MPPSK you loose some of the burbles (I imagine I read that about the N55 not the B58 though).

This may cause someone to flame me for caring about the burbles even though they mean nothing for performance. But I'm sort of like the guy eating the fake steak in the Matrix, I just don't care I like the burbles.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #28
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You sure about that?
100%, no, but about 99% sure. Stacked on the previous generation M235i with the same deltas as a 335i for an example and the only difference engine wise from a 335 to a M235i was an MPPK like tune. Should be no different in this case.
I wish that was the case.. from my understanding the N55 in the 35i cars didn't have the injector fuel cap the B58 in the 40i cars do. So before telling someone it will "add the same delta", test it out and provide some real world proof.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 08:58 AM   #29
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wish that was the case.. from my understanding the N55 in the 35i cars didn't have the injector fuel cap the B58 in the 40i cars do. So before telling someone it will "add the same delta", test it out and provide some real world proof.
Noted, so let me preface the next statement with a disclaimer for those concerned that we have never tested an MPPSK vehicle so take any statements below with a grain of salt,

However, the fuel cap you reference hits at about 400whp which we are about 40 HP short of with the SPORT tune. MPPSK adds 30 HP. I think its relatively safe to speculate there's enough leeway in there where it would still "stack" and result in the same delta. Given, this is still based on assumptions and prior experiences as an indicator as a MPPSK vehicle hasn't been tested but that particular reasoning as to why it wouldn't stack shouldn't be a concern.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 03:16 PM   #30
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Noted, so let me preface the next statement with a disclaimer for those concerned that we have never tested an MPPSK vehicle so take any statements below with a grain of salt,

However, the fuel cap you reference hits at about 400whp which we are about 40 HP short of with the SPORT tune. MPPSK adds 30 HP. I think its relatively safe to speculate there's enough leeway in there where it would still "stack" and result in the same delta. Given, this is still based on assumptions and prior experiences as an indicator as a MPPSK vehicle hasn't been tested but that particular reasoning as to why it wouldn't stack shouldn't be a concern.
Brother, why not just test it out? Offer it up to a customer with the kit for dyno exchange or put out an invite to have someone bring in a car for a test session in exchange for the module.

You guys are Dinan! You shouldn't sell parts and make claims based on assumptions. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just feel this is a great opportunity for you to provide some great info backed by tested results, with real dyno graphs that your audience put high value in...Thats what REALLY sells parts.

Would be great to see parts being sold with backed up claims.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #31
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

I see no reason why Dinan would even need to do that. JB4 and Autowerke offer similar products (at a higher price), and they produce the gains advertised, so why does Dinan need to give out free product to forum trolls regurgitated hear-say that they found on the net?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #32
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
I see no reason why Dinan would even need to do that. JB4 and Autowerke offer similar products (at a higher price), and they produce the gains advertised, so why does Dinan need to give out free product to forum trolls regurgitated hear-say that they found on the net?
They don't "need" to do anything. But they also "shouldn't" be making claims based on loose assumptions. Saying their product adds the same delta on top of MPPSK as it would a stock car without having ever tested it is misleading as hell.

That dyno they provide isn't an actual dyno plot either, while both AA and Burger provide real dyno figures and test results for their product.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #33
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Any teasers on power output of the Elite tuner!?

Dinan_Engineering
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #34
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
Any teasers on power output of the Elite tuner!?

Dinan_Engineering
Not that I have been privy to.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #35
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Will this affect throttle response at all? Comfort to Sport sharpens the throttle response noticeably, but it could be a little sharper, especially on liftoff.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #36
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
Will this affect throttle response at all? Comfort to Sport sharpens the throttle response noticeably, but it could be a little sharper, especially on liftoff.
No it does not effect throttle response. At least, not really. With more power most people say they feel a difference just because its more pronounced with the additional power but in reality its a placebo effect.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #37
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
They would do it so they can say there product can be stacked with the MPPSK for sure. Others and myself included have asked if the JB4 or Autowerke tunes will work or have been tested with a B58 engine with the MPPSK and the answer is no. Dinan could have a leg up in that respect if they did dyno and prove it works without issue and gaining the same performance. I know they would have my money as I'm still waiting on one of these tuners to confirm there tune works with MPPSK.
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #38
mannymazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440

If this will give a decent bump in power on a MPPK car without hurting the exhaust sound or any negatives I would get it in a heartbeat. Easy install is great on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #39
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
No it does not effect throttle response. At least, not really. With more power most people say they feel a difference just because its more pronounced with the additional power but in reality its a placebo effect.
OK, good to know. Everyone has different preferences, so sharpening throttle response may be better for a few that want it but worse for others that don't. Is it possible to change this separately, like the Shockware flash for Adaptive M suspension?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #40
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
OK, good to know. Everyone has different preferences, so sharpening throttle response may be better for a few that want it but worse for others that don't. Is it possible to change this separately, like the Shockware flash for Adaptive M suspension?
Transmission programming would require a bench flash as the DME would need to be opened and encryption bypassed to access those tables. Needless to say with the warranty that is a non-starter in Dinan land.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 12:31 AM   #41
340MSport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Any updates on shipments? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #42
iMinLuv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i M-Sport track pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340MSport View Post
Only 2 more days for "late January" ship date lol. Feeling like it's going to get pushed back yet again.
      01-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #43
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

how easy is install? My car is a lease and this is an attractive product if its a one plug solution.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #44
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340MSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMinLuv View Post
Only 2 more days for "late January" ship date lol. Feeling like it's going to get pushed back yet again.
Had some test bench issues this past week that put us behind the 8 ball a bit. From what I hear this morning that was resolved over the weekend though so they will still be leaving before the end of the month (albeit barely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOimJ View Post
how easy is install? My car is a lease and this is an attractive product if its a one plug solution.
2 plug actually but still only about a 5-10 minute install.
Appreciate 0