F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Interior Parts > ?
ARMA SPEED

08-27-2019, 11:48 PM   #1
Elyaas
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335 XDrive

?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Was looking at a sport line considering buying it, only problem is I want a M sport. Was wondering if the seats are Plug N Play from Sport line to M sport and I know the steering wheel is. Need opinions whether it’s worth buying a sport line and converting the front seats(if possible without too much work) vs trying to find a M sport for a higher price.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 06:09 AM   #2
Zacbmw
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyaas View Post
Was looking at a sport line considering buying it, only problem is I want a M sport. Was wondering if the seats are Plug N Play from Sport line to M sport and I know the steering wheel is. Need opinions whether it’s worth buying a sport line and converting the front seats(if possible without too much work) vs trying to find a M sport for a higher price.
I'd spend the extra money and go for the M sport. I made the mistake of going with sportline and I'm spending more doing the conversion than if I just bought m sport.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 07:17 AM   #3
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Sport and msport are the same seats. What differences are you seeing?
      08-28-2019, 10:21 AM   #4
Elyaas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
Sport and msport are the same seats. What differences are you seeing?
The extendable leg rest thing, have no idea what it’s called. Sport lines come with that? I didn’t know that.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 10:39 AM   #5
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Ok that might be different. I know the main structure is the same between the two.
      08-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #6
Elyaas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
Ok that might be different. I know the main structure is the same between the two.
Yeah I know the upper part is the same but it’s the bottom that makes a major difference to me
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
Elyaas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacbmw View Post
I'd spend the extra money and go for the M sport. I made the mistake of going with sportline and I'm spending more doing the conversion than if I just bought m sport.
I know I didn’t mention it but it’s just the interior that needs to be done. Already has M sport bumpers, and it’s also a great deal. So I’m really lost on what I should do
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
alistairk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport, 6MT

Quote:
I know I didn’t mention it but it’s just the interior that needs to be done. Already has M sport bumpers, and it’s also a great deal. So I’m really lost on what I should do
I'm pretty sure the sport line has the same seats including the extendable thigh support. I know the sport line became standard at some point, at which point there was a zero cost option to go with the base seats instead if you didn't want the bolstered seats; so if you're looking at a specific car, might as well just ask the seller for pics of the seat?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 07:49 PM   #9
Elyaas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairk View Post
I'm pretty sure the sport line has the same seats including the extendable thigh support. I know the sport line became standard at some point, at which point there was a zero cost option to go with the base seats instead if you didn't want the bolstered seats; so if you're looking at a specific car, might as well just ask the seller for pics of the seat?
Yeah I already saw the seats, it has the base seats which I don’t like, and I’d need to source red stitching extendable thigh support seats and sell mine as well as a M Sport wheel and wire in paddles or if it’s already wired code in paddles. Estimate? Will be selling the sport wheel and base seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 08:48 PM   #10
Ahanix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Yeah I already saw the seats, it has the base seats which I don’t like, and I’d need to source red stitching extendable thigh support seats and sell mine as well as a M Sport wheel and wire in paddles or if it’s already wired code in paddles. Estimate? Will be selling the sport wheel and base seats.
Not worth it, just keep looking for an M Sport.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 09:13 PM   #11
The TRG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340ix Black Sapphire

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairk View Post
What year is it? I have a '16 340 sport line and I have the same seats as the Msport, but with white stitching. I do have red stitching on my steering wheel.

I'd research the VIN and see what seats it came with.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #12
Elyaas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The TRG View Post
What year is it? I have a '16 340 sport line and I have the same seats as the Msport, but with white stitching. I do have red stitching on my steering wheel.

I'd research the VIN and see what seats it came with.
I got the window sticker, where do I see what seats it came with?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7851/overview/

Link to it so you can see for yourself^ good deal going to check it out tomorrow. Need opinions whether I wait for a M-Sport or buy this and convert seats to Extendable, and wheel etc.

Last edited by Elyaas; 08-28-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #13
alistairk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport, 6MT

Quote:
I got the window sticker, where do I see what seats it came with?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7851/overview/

Link to it so you can see for yourself^ good deal going to check it out tomorrow. Need opinions whether I wait for a M-Sport or buy this and convert seats to Extendable, and wheel etc.
Looks like a "no-line" car that was upgraded with the M-Sport exterior bits after market, rather than a sport line. Given that there is no red stitching on the wheel and the presence of the base seats. Also, VIN decoder makes no mention of the sport suspension that would be present on a sportline car.

Unless I'm mistaken, that means it would have the standard suspension which I believe is 10mm higher than the passive m-sport suspension that was part of the sportline/m-sport models as well.

Personally, I'd pass and wait for a factory m-sport car.

*edit to add VIN decoder bit.

Last edited by alistairk; 08-29-2019 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: More info
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2019, 11:12 PM   #14
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Sportline also came with anthracite headliner, not beige; and I'm not sure wood trim was offered either. I agree with others that this was a base/no-line that the previous owner did a front and rear bumper conversion on. You can the the side skirts are not M Sport side skirts. Hard pass. Keep shopping.

Addendum:

M Sport steering wheel swap will not be cheap. The wheels themselves go for a couple hundred, and all the trims and controls, not to mention the entirely different airbag, you're looking at upwards of $1500-2000. Seats will also be pricey, and I think you'd find selling base seats to be a difficult proposition. No one's really looking to downgrade from sport seats to base. Also, transmission looks to be the standard transmission, not the Sport trans (different gear selector).
      08-30-2019, 08:18 AM   #15
Elyaas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Sportline also came with anthracite headliner, not beige; and I'm not sure wood trim was offered either. I agree with others that this was a base/no-line that the previous owner did a front and rear bumper conversion on. You can the the side skirts are not M Sport side skirts. Hard pass. Keep shopping.

Addendum:

M Sport steering wheel swap will not be cheap. The wheels themselves go for a couple hundred, and all the trims and controls, not to mention the entirely different airbag, you're looking at upwards of $1500-2000. Seats will also be pricey, and I think you'd find selling base seats to be a difficult proposition. No one's really looking to downgrade from sport seats to base. Also, transmission looks to be the standard transmission, not the Sport trans (different gear selector).
Thanks guys for the support and advice, went to look at the car and it was beat to shit. Lol had scratches everywhere and a bunch of broken little tabs on the interior, someone definitely got away with that on trade in or something cause I don’t see why a dealership would buy that even for the right price car was just bound to have problems, lots of things toyed with in the engine bay aswell
Appreciate 0