F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Removing Headlights + driving home from shop
Extreme Powerhouse

08-12-2019, 06:53 AM   #1
Xawesm
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Removing Headlights + driving home from shop

I plan on removing my headlights to take them home to NY and get them worked on. I have a few local shops as well as a nearby friend where I can get them removed. My question is, will I be able to drive my car home from the shop without the headlights or will it mess up the electrical components? I'm not as much worried about local enforcement because its about a 3 minute drive that I will do during the day. I could ask the shop to see if they can hold the car there, but I will be gone for 2 weeks and I could just leave it in my garage. Unfortunately, it would be pretty difficult for me to remove them in my own garage because it's shared with no wall plugs or jacks. Is this possible?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xawesm View Post
I plan on removing my headlights to take them home to NY and get them worked on. I have a few local shops as well as a nearby friend where I can get them removed. My question is, will I be able to drive my car home from the shop without the headlights or will it mess up the electrical components? I'm not as much worried about local enforcement because its about a 3 minute drive that I will do during the day. I could ask the shop to see if they can hold the car there, but I will be gone for 2 weeks and I could just leave it in my garage. Unfortunately, it would be pretty difficult for me to remove them in my own garage because it's shared with no wall plugs or jacks. Is this possible?
You could do it, but probably have to clear errors once reattached.
Appreciate 0