F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Heated steering wheel issue - not workin
Extreme Powerhouse

01-09-2022, 01:37 PM   #1
WajahatM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW F30 335i xDrive

Heated steering wheel issue - not workin

Hello, I was wondering if you guys could could give me some insight/help on what might be wrong with my f30 335 heated steering.

Quick backstory it was working perfectly fine, then one day my valvetronic servomotor went out, car was acting strange, then I noticed heated steering went out. Soon after my eccentric shaft broke as well because I had to drive the car home. I called a tow the day after and the car had a tough time starting (likely due to valvetronic motor trying to activate all night and draining battery or because of its lack of function in general).

Got the car back and everything is fine besides the heated steering not working the and the "increased battery drain while stationary". The heated steering light turns on for 1 second when pressed then turns off, the instrument cluster also says "heated steering activated". I have since charged the battery fully and have disconnected/reconnected battery after 10 min, but still get no heated steering and still get the message of battery drain from time to time. I replaced the heated steering module inside of the steering wheel with an other one from a wheel I had lying around and the same issue (light on for 1 sec+message in ic). Was wondering what the next step is? Do I have to drive cycle or something after a valvetronic motor job? I also attached some of the error reports from bimmer code. I cleared the reports and only have the internal load error and the power management error.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 12:43 PM   #2
WajahatM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW F30 335i xDrive

Bump
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 05:40 PM   #3
MeisterP
England
Rep
Drives: Z4

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
Maybe this..

From someone else post with a similar problem

I had this exact issue a couple years ago when my battery was struggling in the cold temps. When the battery gets low the car shuts off unnecessary circuits, heated seats and steering wheel being one of them.

I resolved it using Ista+ to re-initialise the FEM (Front Electronic Module).

Changed the battery as well as it was past the best of its life.
Appreciate 1