F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to keep using expired E-Sys Launcher Premium by reverting system date (hack)
Extreme Powerhouse

04-09-2019, 11:42 AM   #595
tobyps
France
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 f25 xline 2015

Thank you for your support
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #596
matteis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 118i f20 sport gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by digirat View Post
did all of that. launcher won't start. i'm based in canada and have even set my location to london and on US keyboard and got rid of the canada keyboard. no dice. date still says 8/1/2018 when trying it. Even tried 8/5/2018 for the date and still won't give me anything. no errors, no nothing. it just doesn't launch
I tried to install launcher 2.8.2 in a Win8 and I am facing the same issue related above. Launcher simply doesn't start / launch.

I followed every tip previously posted here. Any idea what could I do to make it work?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 06:10 AM   #597
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteis View Post
I tried to install launcher 2.8.2 in a Win8 and I am facing the same issue related above. Launcher simply doesn't start / launch.

I followed every tip previously posted here. Any idea what could I do to make it work?

See FAQ #5 in the readme.txt. Do you have any entries in Windows Event Viewer?

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 12:47 AM   #598
najdawiranao
Rep
Drives: bmw

can do it for working with windows 7 64 ? please it's only work woth 32
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 05:36 AM   #599
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by najdawiranao View Post
can do it for working with windows 7 64 ? please it's only work woth 32
It should work for both 64- and 32-bit. Can you elaborate on the problem? Do you get any errors on 64-bit?

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 01:40 AM   #600
kkh27
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 xDrive 35i 2012

Hi Tony. I have problem getting the program started. after running the rearm I execute the launcher but it just not coming out at all. Please help. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 06:38 AM   #601
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkh27 View Post
Hi Tony. I have problem getting the program started. after running the rearm I execute the launcher but it just not coming out at all. Please help. thanks.

See FAQ #5 in the readme.txt. Do you have any entries in Windows Event Viewer?

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 08:52 AM   #602
KingpinRCR
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 320d ed

Hello everyone, i could really need some help...
I run esys on an old laptop with windows vista.
I wasn’t planning on changing anything on mu car anymore but with the summer comming my fingers became itchy to add a few things...
Only problem, esys doesn’t work anymore...
I don’t know wich version of esys i have but i downloaded and installed it at the end of march 2017.
I have esys launcer premium 2.7.1, but when i use the script i either get a date manipulated error or a pin loop.
So i downloaded launcher 2.8.2 and upgraded my laptop to .net framework 4.6.1 in order to be able to install the new launcher. The new launcher throws a “esys launcher isn’t working anymore” error...
So... what are my options? Is it possible to get it to work on vista or should i buy a new laptop? (Which would be a little overkill since i won’t use it for anything else, just a few codings once every year or 2 ) should i upgrade to launcher pro? (But apparently TM is extremely hard to reach...)
Or would esysX be a solution?

Any advice would be welcome...

Thanks,
KingpinRCR
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #603
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinRCR View Post
I have esys launcer premium 2.7.1, but when i use the script i either get a date manipulated error or a pin loop.
So i downloaded launcher 2.8.2 and upgraded my laptop to .net framework 4.6.1 in order to be able to install the new launcher. The new launcher throws a “esys launcher isn’t working anymore” error...
My script should work on Vista. Did you use the latest version (2.0.4) and did it run without any errors (green screen at the end)? Did you use the correct date for your Launcher version(s) (valid ranges are in the readme.txt)? Are you absolutely, 100 percent, without a doubt, no question, really really sure that your system clock did not reset itself to 'now' during your session?

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2019, 05:43 AM   #604
KingpinRCR
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your quick reply. Apparently i wasn't using the latest version of the script I've downloaded it this morning, re-installed launcher 2.7.1. and the latest script and it works (haven't tested it in the car yet, but esys loads and runs)
i don't know much about computers, but i've learned a lesson: always use the latest version

There's one more thing (not really important). I have multiple users on my laptop: administrator, my profile (wich also says administrator but hasn't full authority apparently because it can't run the script) and one for my wife.
when I use the administrator profile it works, but when i switch to my profile and try the launcher I get the 'date manipulation' warning. When I switch back to the administrator it works normally again...
Like i've said, not important, i'll just use the administrator profile from now on.

Thank you for your help and the script
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 05:59 AM   #605
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinRCR View Post
Hello Tony,

Thank you for your quick reply. Apparently i wasn't using the latest version of the script I've downloaded it this morning, re-installed launcher 2.7.1. and the latest script and it works (haven't tested it in the car yet, but esys loads and runs)
i don't know much about computers, but i've learned a lesson: always use the latest version

There's one more thing (not really important). I have multiple users on my laptop: administrator, my profile (wich also says administrator but hasn't full authority apparently because it can't run the script) and one for my wife.
when I use the administrator profile it works, but when i switch to my profile and try the launcher I get the 'date manipulation' warning. When I switch back to the administrator it works normally again...
Like i've said, not important, i'll just use the administrator profile from now on.

Thank you for your help and the script
Glad it worked out for you. About the administrator thing: it's normal that the Launcher won't work when you run it on a different account than the one where you used my script. Some of the changes made by my script are account-specific, as are the checks by the Launcher (like the Temp-folder for example).

When you say that you can't run the script under your administrator profile, did you right-click it and choose "run as admin" in the context menu? The right-click should give you more permissions than simply being a member of the Administrators security-group.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 06:51 AM   #606
KingpinRCR
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Hi Tony,

no, i didn't use right-click, like i've said, i'm not very great with computers...
i'll try that when i get home from work just to check it out, but i'll probably just keep using the 'main' administrator profile from now on.

thank you for your advice, kind regards,

KingpinRCR
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 07:50 PM   #607
NV GUNS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C

Garage List
2023 M550  [6.75]
2019 M2 Competition  [0.00]
2002 330ci  [0.00]
c:\programdata date can't be changed

can't get your script to work, I changed the date and time (in accordance to the version 2.8.2) and ran your script as admin it started then finished with an error saying that it can't change the time and date for c:\programdata . token master's launcher does not even start now. any help would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #608
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV GUNS View Post
can't get your script to work, I changed the date and time (in accordance to the version 2.8.2) and ran your script as admin it started then finished with an error saying that it can't change the time and date for c:\programdata . token master's launcher does not even start now. any help would be much appreciated.
I've just replied to your PM about this. You'll have to find out what's locking your C:\ProgramData folder in order to change its date.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 02:45 AM   #609
Clems
France
Rep
Drives: 120d e81

Hi !

Still struggled in admin privillege, but for sure Im admin on my computer.

Could you please explain me how to supress this verification of the script ?

thank you !
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 05:30 AM   #610
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clems View Post
Hi !

Still struggled in admin privillege, but for sure Im admin on my computer.

Could you please explain me how to supress this verification of the script ?

thank you !

There's a difference between membership of the Administrators group and running a program with Administrator privileges. We're talking about the latter here.

Did you get the error:
"This file must be run with elevated privileges by using Right-click -> 'Run as administrator'. Please try again."?

I thought this would be pretty self-explanatory, but basically you'll have to right-click with your mouse on the .bat-file and choose "Run as administrator" from the menu.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #611
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F13 M6 Coupe

I am having the same issues as users above where the program simply doesn't launch.

I am receiving a .NET Runtime error in the Windows Event Log history.

States that "Virtual Machine is not supported". I've been using Parallels, running Windows 10 Pro for 3 years without an error related to using a virtual machine.

Is it the launcher that is causing this?

E-SYS launcher version 2.8.2
E-SYS version 3.27.1 (downgraded from 3.28)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 03:51 PM   #612
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoundLegend View Post
I am receiving a .NET Runtime error in the Windows Event Log history. States that "Virtual Machine is not supported". I've been using Parallels, running Windows 10 Pro for 3 years without an error related to using a virtual machine. Is it the launcher that is causing this?
There are several issues causing the Launcher to seemingly not do anything after starting it. In all cases the answer is in the Event viewer. In reality, the Launcher does start for a short period, but it detects some condition and then quits again. The condition encountered most of the time is that the Launcher is still detecting a date manipulation. Another condition, which is the case above, is that it detects running on a virtual machine. Tokenmaster does not allow that and build in checks for it.

I believe 2.8.0 still runs on Parallels. Other solutions are to use real hardware, or use VMware (there was some info posted about that a few weeks earlier, so read back on this thread to find out how).

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #613
krossfyah
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Asteria Blue

I am running into a problem when launching Eyes launcher premium, I enter my pin (est file is created no problems) and it appears that ESYS launcher cannot find the location for E-SYS although ESYS is installed on my system.
IT keeps prompting me over and over for my pin.

any ideas on this?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #614
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krossfyah View Post
I am running into a problem when launching Eyes launcher premium, I enter my pin (est file is created no problems) and it appears that ESYS launcher cannot find the location for E-SYS although ESYS is installed on my system.
IT keeps prompting me over and over for my pin.

any ideas on this?
Mostly this is the case when the Launcher still detects your date manipulation for some reason. Did my script run without errors? It could mean that there is still some unknown check being performed. Try disconnecting from the internet (don't forget wifi) before running my script and the Launcher and see if that helps at all.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #615
jaco_ma
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: G20 320d

Thank you very much for your contribution.

Failing to test it on the vehicle, it starts perfectly with Esys Launcher Premium and Windows 10 64bits.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #616
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F13 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
There are several issues causing the Launcher to seemingly not do anything after starting it. In all cases the answer is in the Event viewer. In reality, the Launcher does start for a short period, but it detects some condition and then quits again. The condition encountered most of the time is that the Launcher is still detecting a date manipulation. Another condition, which is the case above, is that it detects running on a virtual machine. Tokenmaster does not allow that and build in checks for it.

I believe 2.8.0 still runs on Parallels. Other solutions are to use real hardware, or use VMware (there was some info posted about that a few weeks earlier, so read back on this thread to find out how).

Cheers, Tony
Thanks for the response.
Could you link me to Launcher 2.8.0?

I will update this post if it works.

---

EDIT: Fixed by downgrading Launcher to 2.8.0. Now runs smoothly on Parallels again! Thank you Tony!

Last edited by UnfoundLegend; 04-23-2019 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0