F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Any car cleaning product tips also where to get the stuff from?
Extreme Powerhouse

04-30-2019, 08:38 PM   #23
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
This is possible, for sure.

I have not tried a foam applicator with Power Lock yet... only microfiber. Do you find that the foam soaks up too much product, causing you to potentially waste product? Not sure if you know what I mean... since the foam is much more porous than a microfiber pad.
Thinner foam, like these 3-finger mitts from Griot's, does a nice job applying a thin, even layer.
https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...etail+mitts.do

These also work well:
https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...Ascend&from=fn

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...Ascend&from=fn
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 1
sspade2464.50
      05-05-2019, 07:02 AM   #24
Solidjake
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poland
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
This is possible, for sure.

I have not tried a foam applicator with Power Lock yet... only microfiber. Do you find that the foam soaks up too much product, causing you to potentially waste product? Not sure if you know what I mean... since the foam is much more porous than a microfiber pad.
See my post above, #17. That applicator is great.

Apex SM-10/DWS06+ | 400m/X-ice Xi3 | Injen Exhaust | Stoptech SS Lines | 335 Front Brakes
Hawk HPS 5.0 | RBF600 | ER Charge Pipes | Wagner Evo Comp 2 FMIC
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 03:53 PM   #25
Wolfus Aurelius
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i (gold/cream)

Anybody tried the Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax yet? I've seen it at WM, about $17 a bottle. Does it work like a wax-as-you-dry product, or is there special prep involved?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 07:56 PM   #26
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfus Aurelius View Post
Does it work like a wax-as-you-dry product...?
That's what they say.
https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/...-g190526-26-oz
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 09:21 PM   #27
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Anybody tried the Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax yet? I've seen it at WM, about $17 a bottle. Does it work like a wax-as-you-dry product, or is there special prep involved?
What I wonder is - does it actually last for a few weeks to months? I have seen it advertised in a few car magazines. I was thinking of trying it out. It certainly seems easy to use.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 10:57 PM   #28
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Just used it yesterday.
I did water rinse off -> waterless wash -> iron X/sonax wheel cleaner plus -> wash off -> HCM apply as i dry -> second application of HCM with the water spray method -> dry/buff with waffle weave

I think my paint was in good enough condition to not need a claying.
TBH I'm not too anal about keeping my paint in tip top condition, since it already has chips and stuff here and there.

Now, it rained today (knew this would happen and that is why I wanted to do it yesterday) and damn. Water beading is crazy. The shine is not there like traditional actual ceramic coating, but water just beaded and rolled off like I have not seen before. By the time I got to my work, my car barely had any water left on it.
BUT I can't really speak for how long it lasts though.

Also, Walmart near me is ilke 13~14 bucks. Seems that way for all Walmart around me for 50 miles.

I pretty much killed the whole bottle with that two applications though. But I think it's safe to say that I'll be getting it and do like a monthly top up or something.
sspade2464.50
      05-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #29
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
Quote:
Just used it yesterday.
I did water rinse off -> waterless wash -> iron X/sonax wheel cleaner plus -> wash off -> HCM apply as i dry -> second application of HCM with the water spray method -> dry/buff with waffle weave

I think my paint was in good enough condition to not need a claying.
TBH I'm not too anal about keeping my paint in tip top condition, since it already has chips and stuff here and there.

Now, it rained today (knew this would happen and that is why I wanted to do it yesterday) and damn. Water beading is crazy. The shine is not there like traditional actual ceramic coating, but water just beaded and rolled off like I have not seen before. By the time I got to my work, my car barely had any water left on it.
BUT I can't really speak for how long it lasts though.

Also, Walmart near me is ilke 13~14 bucks. Seems that way for all Walmart around me for 50 miles.

I pretty much killed the whole bottle with that two applications though. But I think it's safe to say that I'll be getting it and do like a monthly top up or something.
Thanks for letting us know. I will give it a try too - seems worth it.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #30
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Here is a photo. It's been raining and by the time I finish getting to wherever, there is little to no water left on the hood. This photo is pre driving.
Attached Images