F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > PWG and BM3
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
DrBall
Private
21
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

PWG and BM3

PGW n55 owner here about to grab a tune from either BM3 or MHD. Have supporting mods for s1, will get a DP and go s2 in the spring after my inspection.

question for the group is this.. im well aware that bm3 and pwg cars have had multiple issues (discussed at length here), but has there been progress in their OTS tunes on this platform? Curious since the n55 tunes have been out for a long while now.

Not trying to start a debate, just want to make sure i know as much as possible before purchasing a tune.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 04:30 PM   #2
Phantom10R
Second Lieutenant
74
Rep
237
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i, 2015 X5 x35i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Chelsea, MI

iTrader: (0)

Its unlikely that youll find someone with a bm3 that says to go mhd.. way better options, great support. When i flash the x3 (pwg) im going bm3 with no reservations.
Appreciate 1
DrBall21.00

      10-12-2019, 12:21 AM   #3
TSA8151
Private
30
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335i msport
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Not a single problem with the bm3 PWG stg1, stg2, and st2 e30 ots tunes.
Appreciate 1
DrBall21.00

      10-13-2019, 05:10 AM   #4
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
harkes's Avatar
China
705
Rep
1,633
Posts

Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Xiamen, China

iTrader: (0)

Previous BM3 user here. I say go MHD. I switched around February because I had problems finding a PWG tuner for BM3 and because what I saw in my logs scared me (2H map).
__________________
M135i PWG, MHD, Pure Stage2, Torqbyte CM5-LT, xHP
(A Dane in China)
Appreciate 1
DrBall21.00

      10-13-2019, 07:01 AM   #5
paul223
Captain
241
Rep
930
Posts

Drives: f10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: arkansas

iTrader: (0)

BM3 2H map with PWG Pure stage 2 turbo for over 2 years no issues at all.
Appreciate 1
DrBall21.00

      10-13-2019, 10:02 AM   #6
Munchi435i
Captain
Munchi435i's Avatar
United_States
268
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orlando FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
BM3 2H map with PWG Pure stage 2 turbo for over 2 years no issues at all.
How often do you log?

Any current logs to share?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 03:09 AM   #7
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
harkes's Avatar
China
705
Rep
1,633
Posts

Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Xiamen, China

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
BM3 2H map with PWG Pure stage 2 turbo for over 2 years no issues at all.
If I hadn't checked my logs I would also have lived in blissfull ignorance not knowing it was overboosting several psi on tip in with zero throttle closure and a crashing HPFP. Pulled like a beast though!
__________________
M135i PWG, MHD, Pure Stage2, Torqbyte CM5-LT, xHP
(A Dane in China)
Appreciate 1
DrBall21.00

      10-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #8
Phantom10R
Second Lieutenant
74
Rep
237
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i, 2015 X5 x35i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Chelsea, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
If I hadn't checked my logs I would also have lived in blissfull ignorance not knowing it was overboosting several psi on tip in with zero throttle closure and a crashing HPFP. Pulled like a beast though!
Sounds like a fuel pump problem
__________________
2015 335i xDrive
2015 X3 x35i

IG: @N55David
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED3574.00

      10-14-2019, 01:01 PM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
10320
Rep
114,017
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBall View Post
PGW n55 owner here about to grab a tune from either BM3 or MHD. Have supporting mods for s1, will get a DP and go s2 in the spring after my inspection.

question for the group is this.. im well aware that bm3 and pwg cars have had multiple issues (discussed at length here), but has there been progress in their OTS tunes on this platform? Curious since the n55 tunes have been out for a long while now.

Not trying to start a debate, just want to make sure i know as much as possible before purchasing a tune.
We offer BM3 and have a partnership with Tune By Jordan (Carythelabelguy). I strongly recommend reaching out to him and asking all the questions you have.
Appreciate 1
DrBall21.00

      10-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #10
Munchi435i
Captain
Munchi435i's Avatar
United_States
268
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orlando FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
We offer BM3 and have a partnership with Tune By Jordan (Carythelabelguy). I strongly recommend reaching out to him and asking all the questions you have.
Looks like Jordan has also just joined the MHD family as well!!

Now you can get a custom tune from Jordan and flash through MHD
__________________
435i M-Sport | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | MHD Tune | XPH Stage 3 | Wagner Comp Evo 2 | MPE | Evolution Racewerks CP/DP/TIC | M-LSD
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #11
Tpriest7893
Second Lieutenant
United_States
43
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Venice Florida

iTrader: (0)

If you talk to that Jordan guy post some results here. I'm also curious. Plan on tuning soon and debating between MHD and Bm3
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 06:13 PM   #12
paul223
Captain
241
Rep
930
Posts

Drives: f10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: arkansas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
How often do you log?

Any current logs to share?
Let me log.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #13
harkes
Lieutenant Colonel
harkes's Avatar
China
705
Rep
1,633
Posts

Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Xiamen, China

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
Sounds like a fuel pump problem
Yeah - or too little blinker fluid

The stock HPFP cannot keep up with +23psi - I believe "everyone" know this by now.

Sadly I dont have the logs to show as my user account was deleted when I sold my license.
__________________
M135i PWG, MHD, Pure Stage2, Torqbyte CM5-LT, xHP
(A Dane in China)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST