F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe (F36) Official Thread - Specs, Wallpapers, Photos, Videos
Studio RSR

05-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #969
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
A 3 series, even if an M3, has never been an option for me. The 4 Series is superior in every way and I certainly don't regret the purchase of my F36! Especially since there isn't an M4 Gran Coupe.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Driving on Adaptive Suspension too
Anyone claiming to dislike the 4 series gran coupe obviously just lacks good taste. They probably own a refurbished Pontiac Aztec.
Appreciate 4
      05-16-2019, 02:03 AM   #970
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flump View Post
Does anyone in the thread regret not going for M3 and instead going with a 435/440 RWD?
Personally, M3 is a little too small. F36 is the perfect size (not too big like a 5'er), has 4 doors, and a huge trunk. Tune it up and you'll have as much hp as an M3, without the rough/track-like ride of the latter.
435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #971
Flump
Private
Rep
Drives: 440xiGC, 135is

I appreciate everyone's reply, and it's pretty much what I expected. I'm gonna keep an eye out for a CPO 440 as they come off lease/loaner cars or whatever else, but as long as a couple life events happen I think I'm just gonna order my first ever new car in the next couple months.

440xiGC in carbon black, track handling package, MPPSK from the factory. It will still be a great car to make holiday trips in with the wife, dog, and cat, and my trips to work will be a whole lot more fun.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #972
mosiris
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive Carbon Black

Anyone have any idea when the next gen 4 series is suppose to be released? Want to get a f36 435i now but don't want to overspend on one if I know that I will upgrade to m440i.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 06:06 PM   #973
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Count with approx. 1,5-2 years down the line.
      05-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #974
Flump
Private
Rep

So, I found a used model with everything I want essentially. 2019 MY, track handling package, its just not anywhere near me. The only option would be to ship it to me, which adds to cost, but is the only option.

Anyway, as mentioned its a 2019 MY, with in service date in Dec. 2018. It was a loaner fleet car, but beyond that is there anything out there i should watch out for? This would save me about 9500 off ordering myself a new one, and really helps with that initial depreciation hit.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #975
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
So, I found a used model with everything I want essentially. 2019 MY, track handling package, its just not anywhere near me. The only option would be to ship it to me, which adds to cost, but is the only option.

Anyway, as mentioned its a 2019 MY, with in service date in Dec. 2018. It was a loaner fleet car, but beyond that is there anything out there i should watch out for? This would save me about 9500 off ordering myself a new one, and really helps with that initial depreciation hit.
Is it from the dealer? If so, you should be covered for quite a while as far as warranty and pretty much any defect goes. FYI, worry-free maintenance does not switch over to the new buyer, so oil changes, brakes, and so on are not free once it's yours. You can pay a fee to transfer it if you desire, but when I ran the numbers, I didn't see the benefit versus just doing routine maintenance myself at home.

Is it too far to just fly out and drive home?
I flew from South Dakota to San Diego and drove back 21 hours. While it seems like a lot, it was a very enjoyable way to get accquainted with the new ride! Not to mention 31mpg was very easy on the wallet.

I would probably advise a clear bra if going that route.

Also, it doesn't hurt to run the carfax just incase there will be anything that is either a deal breaker or a negotiating point. If it says fleet vehicle on the carfax, usually you can haggle a little more.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 05-20-2019 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #976
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

What is the "track handling package" comprised of? We don't have such a package in Europe.
      05-20-2019, 03:19 PM   #977
Flump
Private
Rep

Quote:
What is the "track handling package" comprised of? We don't have such a package in Europe.
M Adaptive suspension, M Sport brakes, Variable sport steering, non RFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Is it from the dealer? If so, you should be covered for quite a while as far as warranty and pretty much any defect goes. FYI, worry-free maintenance does not switch over to the new buyer, so oil changes, brakes, and so on are not free once it's yours. You can pay a fee to transfer it if you desire, but when I ran the numbers, I didn't see the benefit versus just doing routine maintenance myself at home.

Is it too far to just fly out and drive home?
I flew from South Dakota to San Diego and drove back 21 hours. While it seems like a lot, it was a very enjoyable way to get accquainted with the new ride! Not to mention 31mpg was very easy on the wallet.

I would probably advise a clear bra if going that route.

Also, it doesn't hurt to run the carfax just incase there will be anything that is either a deal breaker or a negotiating point. If it says fleet vehicle on the carfax, usually you can haggle a little more.
It is from a BMW dealer. Its West Coast (literally not just somewhere in California or Oregon, to Chicago. It's just too much for me personally. Not worried about maintenance. I can do oil changes, brake flushes, and keep an eye on coolant and such. Carfax looks good, although I'd have to take that with a grain of salt.

This car has just over 4k miles on it. Only in service for 5 months now. It's essentially a brand new car for about 18% off sticker. Everything SEEMS pretty great about this except for the fact it's not local.
Appreciate 2
      05-20-2019, 03:22 PM   #978
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Cool. Then I can claim I have it as soon as I lose the RFTs
      05-20-2019, 06:40 PM   #979
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It is from a BMW dealer. Its West Coast (literally not just somewhere in California or Oregon, to Chicago. It's just too much for me personally. Not worried about maintenance. I can do oil changes, brake flushes, and keep an eye on coolant and such. Carfax looks good, although I'd have to take that with a grain of salt.

This car has just over 4k miles on it. Only in service for 5 months now. It's essentially a brand new car for about 18% off sticker. Everything SEEMS pretty great about this except for the fact it's not local.
I'd say go for it if it really ticks all the boxes. A lot of dealers have cheaper transporting options through their networks than we can get. I'd have that conversation with them.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 08:34 AM   #980
Flump
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'd say go for it if it really ticks all the boxes. A lot of dealers have cheaper transporting options through their networks than we can get. I'd have that conversation with them.
Upon further inspection it doesn't have a HUD which I really like having. It's not a killer, but now I'm questioning it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #981
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Upon further inspection it doesn't have a HUD which I really like having. It's not a killer, but now I'm questioning it.
I have to have the HUD. That was def a deal breaker for me.
I missed the fact mine didn't have the driver assist, to put the speed limit in the HUD as well along with adaptive cruise control. That stings. But I don't think I'd go for one without the HUD. It's up there with comfort access to me.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2019, 11:23 AM   #982
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

HUD is a definite "nice to have", but not more than that, to me at least.
It has limited scope and application and I can't say I miss it when I drive my Audi, which doesn't have one.
When driving with polarised sun-glasses it is gone anyway.
So my advice - don't let it be a deal-breaker.
If I have to choose - the full digital instrument cluster is a much nicer feature, although also quite limited on the F3x.
      05-25-2019, 12:09 AM   #983
Choppertown
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW '85 E30, BMW '16 F36

Quote:
I have to have the HUD. That was def a deal breaker for me.
I missed the fact mine didn't have the driver assist, to put the speed limit in the HUD as well along with adaptive cruise control. That stings. But I don't think I'd go for one without the HUD. It's up there with comfort access to me.
I finally got my dream car, 2016 f36 grey w/ white interior, HK stereo and HUD. I wasn't sure if I'd really like the HUD, but a week in and I absolutely love it.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2019, 04:20 PM   #984
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
HUD is a definite "nice to have", but not more than that, to me at least.
It has limited scope and application and I can't say I miss it when I drive my Audi, which doesn't have one.
When driving with polarised sun-glasses it is gone anyway.
So my advice - don't let it be a deal-breaker.
If I have to choose - the full digital instrument cluster is a much nicer feature, although also quite limited on the F3x.
I can see that.
I do a lot of road trips when life permits, and having the real-time arrow and directions on the HUD is amaaaaazing.

I just didn't see the reasoning for settling without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppertown View Post
I finally got my dream car, 2016 f36 grey w/ white interior, HK stereo and HUD. I wasn't sure if I'd really like the HUD, but a week in and I absolutely love it.
Congrats! Post up some pics!

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 12:07 PM   #985
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

If you use the nav often enough - it may add some benefit. But since I rarely ever do (and even then prefer an actual map rather than just directions), all the HUD gives me is the actual and maximum allowed speed. Information readily available on the beautiful digital cluster.

I would be totally pro-HUD if it showed RPM and gear. This would support sporty driving. But unfortunately too limited now and just a (nice-to-have!) toy.
      06-02-2019, 12:25 AM   #986
ziaanj
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 428i

need help n20

so im trying to make my 428i faster and inc. hp. i currently have a stage 2 tune with vsrf dp. any new suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #987
Shelby34_ns
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Xdrive 2015

So i am new to the forum and new to my 428i Grand coupe . Where do I start my mods ??
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 11:33 AM   #988
Shelby34_ns
Canada
Rep

I love my HUD
Appreciate 2
      06-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #989
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaanj View Post
so im trying to make my 428i faster and inc. hp. i currently have a stage 2 tune with vsrf dp. any new suggestions?
Which tune?

MHD stage 2+ with dp and IC will probably get you +100hp. Way more with bugger turbo.
435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #990
Shelby34_ns
Canada
Rep

What is everyones think about Meth injection ?
Appreciate 0